• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which brands have the most insufferable fandom? Geissele? BCM? Noveske? Colt? Sig?

Are the Hodge fanboy's pretty bad? Is Hodge worth LMT/KAC prices?

I can't tell if you're jealous or furious....

It does give me great pleasure to shoot a tiny group at 100 or ding 6" plates at 650 with a box of random parts AR. Then have the guy with the larue and tacticool setup ask me about everything since he can't keep it on the paper at 100, much less hit the steel beyond.
Being the best shooter at the public range is like winning a race in the Special Olympics.

Jeep, especially the people that put angry headlight covers and low profile tires on big rims
Harley Davidson
"Psych" pod, or whatever those retarded bipods are
Anyone that logs into arfcom

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95
I can't believe nobody mentioned Harris bipods by now. I mean holy shit, they've made some of the most epic threads on the Hide.

Oh, and anything IPHY, because 'Merica and stuff.

Reactions: akmike47
Any R700 clone owner because they have to justify spending $1000 for a copy of a $400 engineering marvel.

What kind of Dude proclaims the smoothness of their bolt?

One with weak arms.

Any R700 clone owner because they have to justify spending $1000 for a copy of a $400 engineering marvel.

One with weak arms.
I had an M40A1 where the bolt was a hotdog down a hallway in the receiver, still could clean the course with it.

And I've paid the stupid tax on a sexed up over priced 700 clone once. Once....

One with weak arms.
I just run an older 40-XB, problem solved.

Reactions: Redmanss
No one falls on their sword at a chance to stick up for their lord and savior quicker than the Larue fanboiz.

I couldn’t necromancer the internet and resurrect the Pirate4x4 thread that included Shot Show, LaRue, and somebody getting called a douche bag. Shits lost to time but I can recall LaRue’s Japayuki girls swarming from the hornets nest to protect their queen for that one though.

Reactions: BCP and LilGucci
I can't believe nobody mentioned Harris bipods by now. I mean holy shit, they've made some of the most epic threads on the Hide.

Oh, and anything IPHY, because 'Merica and stuff.
I think you are meaning to refer to recoil control bipods. That's the only really epic one that is in the Legendary Thread. If you think one is really worthy add it.

You ought to do one on a 7.3 Ford. I cursed it for two days. Everyone says.. you should have lifted the cab off. Yeah, that's not happening in the garage.
Those v band clamps are the worst. You should change one on a 6.0

Yes, and anyone who types in up and down caps in the same word. :ROFLMAO:
6F92AA4A-D9EE-46A8-9323-690BAF191BEB.jpeg

Umm…. Capitalizing the first word of a sentence is normal grammar and punctuation. I’m talking about those who type rEtArDeD on purpose.

Here’s another brand vehemently defended on the Hide: Rolex. A watch costing tens of thousands of dollars that still doesn’t keep as accurate of time as a $5 quartz Dora the Explorer watch from Wally World, and is more maintenance intensive than a Jag. It’s as bad as those who defend scopes known to not track accurately, yet they have “great glass” (IOR). Why they don’t admit it’s jewelry and they want to bling themselves up like the women they are is beyond me.

Reactions: carbonbased
Umm…. Capitalizing the first word of a sentence is normal grammar and punctuation. I’m talking about those who type rEtArDeD on purpose.

Here’s another brand vehemently defended on the Hide: Rolex. A watch costing tens of thousands of dollars that still doesn’t keep as accurate of time as a $5 quartz Dora the Explorer watch from Wally World, and is more maintenance intensive than a Jag. It’s as bad as those who defend scopes known to not track accurately, yet they have “great glass” (IOR). Why they don’t admit it’s jewelry and they want to bling themselves up like the women they are is beyond me.

"This lotion with tanning make-up in it is to protect me from the sun" 6.5CM shooter.

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
stabilizer brace owners/enthusiasts.

anyone shooting 6.5 creedmore

closely followed by 6 GT shooters.
Actually, any NOT shooting cm or gt.

The worst I have seen is anyone shooting .308. Gotta shoot 3-0-8, 3-0-8 will make you a better shooter, 3-0-8 is so greatd, it will sink a battle ship at 50,000 yards with one hand tied behind its back. My favorite line 3-0-8 will make you a better shooter. If that is truly so, than I suppose shooting a 50BMG in a 7 pound rifle will make you an AG cup champion.

Last edited:

Basically the AI of the watch world.

My Savage shoots as well as a AI at 1/10th the price. AI owners are stupid to spend money on a rifle that doesn't shoot better then my Savage 110.

Ram - that should be easy - inline 6 cylinder.
PITA turbo to change. My old 7.3 is a 45 minute job. The Cummins took twice that long just taking things off to get to the turbo and then that long again cutting custom pry bars to break free the nuts with 4" of working space. You never worked on a VGT turbo Cummins I take it?

I live right near the ruger factory. The whole town says it's a horrible place to work lol.
That explains why 90% of the applicants for a machine operator I'm looking for have at least one stint at the Ruger factory in Madison, NC.

Reactions: BCP
I live right near the ruger factory. The whole town says it's a horrible place to work lol.
But, imagine the gnashing of teeth and screaming at the moon if the factory closed…

So, to recap; all fanbois are insufferable. They exist for all brands. Relative insufferability of any group can only be measured by one’s own affinity to that particular brand.

And, humans are clannish by nature and will develop exclusive groups for anything- and anywhere- just to get a sense of belonging, and superiority.

One with weak arms.

I concur.

PITA turbo to change. My old 7.3 is a 45 minute job. The Cummins took twice that long just taking things off to get to the turbo and then that long again cutting custom pry bars to break free the nuts with 4" of working space. You never worked on a VGT turbo Cummins I take it?
Worked on 5.9 common rail Cummins, pulled it from a Dodge ram, put into an Hummer H1.

Worked on 5.9 common rail Cummins, pulled it from a Dodge ram, put into an Hummer H1.
So the answer to ever worked on a VGT turbo Cummins is no. I am sure what you did was a job but....... 5.9 is not a 6.7 VGT. I am sure it was easy though. Now back to regular scheduled programming even though this does fit in the fanboi thread with you giving me advice on how easy should be to do something you have never done. Gun forum fudds are as bad as gun range fudds.

Yeah it was real easy.- it was a whole fucking driveline, new injectors, fabbed custom motor mounts, driveshafts(hired out), installed lockers, custom intercooler, vertical cooling stack, halfshaft upgrade, all the linkages, dual fuel cell, true beadlocks.
Chill.

For the precision rifle discipline I would say:

1. Accuracy International. Great rifles, but the AI fanboi's don't tolerate any critique of the AI system. The company AI also doesn't seem to tolerate critique very well. Not great comp guns. And yes, they can and do break - I've seen it myself.

2. Impact Actions when they first came out. Some acted as if Impact was the reincarnation of Jesus, just in action form. Sure its a nice action, but its just another rendition of the R700 footprint "custom" pushfeed action. Thankfully the hyperbole and rhetoric around these actions has quieted down a lot since its release.

Reactions: dms416
Forster Co-ax. the insufferable cult members using this red toy claim that bullets self-correct for wind in flight if seated in this thing.

Last edited:
Being the best shooter at the public range is like winning a race in the Special Olympics.

We don't have one of those. Gotta pay my $50 yearly dues for the privilege of meeting those interesting individuals.

Totally forgot about this one.

Totally overbuilt yet completely featureless rucks that were actually a gimmick to get you to sign up for all of their overpriced 'lifestyle' competitions.

It could only get better if instead of carrying a bunch of bricks duct taped together, they had you carrying cases of BRCC coffee bags instead.

Reactions: Charger442
So, to recap; all fanbois are insufferable. They exist for all brands. Relative insufferability of any group can only be measured by one’s own affinity to that particular brand.

And, humans are clannish by nature and will develop exclusive groups for anything- and anywhere- just to get a sense of belonging, and superiority.
See: Snipers Hide

No offense to anyone👍👍👍

• Haha
Reactions: simpletoms