• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which new long range scopes are you most excited about in 2018?

Which long range scopes are you most excited about in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have always had an affinity for high magnifications scopes like the March 3-24x52 and the Schmidt 3-27x56; however, I'm really hoping the new Steiner M7Xi 4-28x56 at 33.5oz will bridge the gap between the March and the Schmidt. With an impressive 27' FOV at 4x and up to 28x at the top end and keeping the weight to under 34oz, spec wise this is a very impressive scope and is at play along with the ZC527 to unseat my beloved Minox ZP5 on my long range target/steel/hunting 7mm SAUM rig. Here's a quick spec list for the newly announced 2018 scopes...

2018 New Long Range Scope Specs.png

Yeah I'm excited to hear some reviews from early adopters on the Hide. The Steiner looks impressive on paper.

I suppose I should have clarified, this is a list of scopes that will become available in 2018 or announced in 2018, there are some great scopes launched last year but the Hide polling only allows 10 entries.

With SHOT wrapping up this week and several new scopes being displayed along with a new manufacturer that promises alpha quality, which scopes are you most excited about this year. I wanted to include the Revic PMR428 as well even though it was introduced last year, I can see these scopes picking up some steam in 2018 especially once the mil version is available.

New information has recently come out that Tangent Theta, after years of begging and pleading from the community, are going to release a new reticle, unfortunately, the Hide's poll limits you to 10 items only so unfortunately I could not include the TT in the poll but I'm assuming it would have had a lot of interest/votes as well.

For specs visit the following links:
In the past month both Kahles and Steiner have announced new long range scopes that weren't mentioned at SHOT, not quite sure why Kahles and Steiner would not have mentioned anything at SHOT as that is typically where the buzz happens, but for whatever reason they decided to wait and have now announced what could be some real contenders in the long range market. Honorable mention goes to March with their new Genesis 6-60x56 FFP ELR scope (which is really not for this market but definitely y6an ELR option) and to the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR II Pro (which still has no specs other than it will probably be the exact same as the existing DMR II but get the ED Prime glass treatment). Here are specs on the scopes with the Minox ZP5 5-25x56 and Vortex AMG 6-24x50 as bookends to show a comparison of specs:
View attachment 6885526

I have been seeing alot on the Polish Delta Optics made w/Japanese glass. 2 models I am interested in are the Delta Stryker 4.5-30×56 FFP,.and the 2FP 5-50×56 both w/34mm tubes. £1382 at OPTICS WAREHOUSE.

I can’t afford there being a new flavor of the month that isn’t the Minox. :eek:

I have been seeing alot on the Polish Delta Optics made w/Japanese glass. 2 models I am interested in are the Delta Stryker 4.5-30×56 FFP,.and the 2FP 5-50×56 both w/34mm tubes. £1382 at OPTICS WAREHOUSE.
ILya has good praise for the 4.5-30 for what it offers for the price. Hoping to get a distributor for North America. Ever since the Razor Gen II LOW seems to be a very busy manufacturer.