• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Range Finder? Bushnell Fusion or Swarovski

MitchInOR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
Oregon, Willamette Valley
I'm moving my targets out to 1300 yards and would like to range reliably out to around 1500. So it's time to upgrade the Leica Scan.
I have read some good reviews on the Bushnell lately and am leaning in that direction, but the Guide has been a favorite for a while.
Any opinions from users of either on using at this distance on natural objects would be much appreciated.

Re: Which Range Finder? Bushnell Fusion or Swarovski

Hey mate.

I have the Bushnell Fusion binos. Purchased them from Scott at Liberty Optics whilst i was on holiday in the US.

I think they are great, and have ranged out to 1700 yards with them.

My only beef with them is that they cannot be mounted on a tripod. So if your ranging long distance you might want to lean against a tree or rest the binos on something solid whilst you range... it will make life easier.

For the price they are shit hot.

A lot of people complain about a bluish tinge to the glass... I say meh to that. For the price i paid, and what im getting for it, i cant complain.

agree on the Fusion and Scott. both top notch

Ah, I see there is almost identical topics going here. I can buy the Fusion local for $800 and if I don't like can return.
The Swaro's have been a long time favorite and look to be more compact. Just curious how they compare.

The glass is better on the Swaro and it is a lot more compact. As a side note, I've got one for sale in the optics section... ^_^

I've had two bushnell's a yardage pro 600 from memory and an Elite 1500 ARC. They both broke so I got a Swaro Laser Guide and it's good to go.

Much more powerful CONSISTANTLY than the 1500ARC in field conditions. Tripod mountable. Comes with a plastic belt cradle. Small with rounded edges. Two issues, the button is huge and fairly stiff making it fairly easy to lase off at a long distance target and the reticle is an enormous stupid red donut that covers a couple meters when you get out there.

BUY ONCE PROPERLY.

I have the Fusions, they are my first set of LRF/Bino combo and I like them. I have ranged out to 1000 with them (on steel) and they work very well. I have ranged deer with them out to 685 and they worked well. I have not got to use them much in the field, but so far they have worked perfectly. I did not buy them so much for glass quality as I did a good LRF, the Bino's are just a added plus to the package. No, its not Swaro glass, but dont expect it to be and you wont have any complaints. They work as described and are a good unit for the money.