• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

which triggers fit an AICS without inletting?

300snipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2009
Northern Nevada, NV
Got an AICS 1.5 stock here that needs a new trigger. Rem700 action. I've heard that Jewell triggers require inletting - true? What about Timney? I won't buy any Rifle Basix triggers after my last experience with them.

Re: which triggers fit an AICS without inletting?

very true. About any trigger other than a jewel will fit. Do a search on the topic and you will find several threads, I believe one or two by me. Timney and Shillen should drop right in along with a Rifle basix.

Here's why the jewel needs inletting:

compare.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

DSCF0026Medium.jpg

It really doesn't take much work and it's worth it, IMO.

Can someone please PM me why all of my pictures are not showing though the image code was put in correctly. I'm sure theres a logoical reason.

TIA

because they're BMP files and most browsers won't display bmp files inline. you have to use gif, jpg, png

The Timney has a pin that protrudes when put on safe. So you'll need to grind it down.

It already protrudes a bit in the fire position, so it sticks out even further on safe. Not sure what the reason for that is.

It's a 30 sec grind with a dremel with no skills required.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300snipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">because they're BMP files and most browsers won't display bmp files inline. you have to use gif, jpg, png </div></div>

thanks fixed! your a genius

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308MAUS3R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSCF0026Medium.jpg

It really doesn't take much work and it's worth it, IMO. </div></div>

Couple of questions:

1. What did you use to make the adjustment
2. how much material in mm was taken out
3. what particular model trigger is that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300snipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Couple of questions:

1. What did you use to make the adjustment
2. how much material in mm was taken out
3. what particular model trigger is that </div></div>

Not the original poster, but:

1. Dremel
2. 3-4 mm in my case to allow the saftey pins to clear
3. mine is a Jewell HVR

It is easy, nothing to be scared aboutjust make sure you clean all the grindings away before test fitting each time.

I did what tt350z said on the Timney I just installed. It worked perfectly and only took a few minutes. Safety works perfectly now. Thanks for the tip man.