• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Will a 762-SDN-6 fit?

Mead

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Wyoming
I finally got my hands on the lower I want, so I'm in the process of deciding which parts I want for my build.

Will a 762-SDN-6 fit under a Mega keymod rail? The OD is 1.5" and I have read the ID if the keymod rail is 1.7x". To me that says it will fit but I would like to get some feedback from someone that is running the setup or has tried it before I break out the wallet. I'm not too worried about quickly removing it because it will be a dedicated host, but I'll need to clean it. Once I get it in there, how hard is it going to be to get off?

Thanks in advance

If it fits, and that I do not know, then it is not hard to get off as long as you clean the thread periodically. Both on the barrel and in the suppressor. I have several thread ons that stay on the weapon a lot. If I am gone for any period of time then I take the suppressor off and put the thread protector on the weapon and staore it that way,

Keep the thread clean and no problems. Otherwise over a period of time condensation can cause rust, then you have problems.

I have an AAC 7.62 SDN-6 and unless I'm out of my mind you have to squeeze a lever to spin it off. How are you going to compress this when its under the hand guard unless you remove the hand guard?

I have an AAC 7.62 SDN-6 and unless I'm out of my mind you have to squeeze a lever to spin it off. How are you going to compress this when its under the hand guard unless you remove the hand guard?

^^ This is an issue you'll have to address if you want any ratchet-mount can under a handguard. ^^

There's a thumb lever/pad/release on the body of the 762-SD-N6 that has to be operated before the teeth on the ratchet mount setup will release to allow it to turn/unthread from the brake/FH mount. While you CAN technically get that to depress/turn while under a handguard (depending on the particular handguard and its design/config.), doing so requires considerable effort and really is not the best idea for cans with that sort of mount/release design. I've seen several mods to handguards to allow easier access to the lever to depress it for quicker/easier removal where necessary...your call on how to attack the issue...but its one that you'll have to deal with in one fashion or another.

As for the dimensions issues...I have seen an SD-N6 fit inside a Seekins BAR which has an ID of 1.8" (just 0.05" larger than the Mega MATEN keymod) with room to spare, so it should work based on my limited observations.

Last edited:
^^ This is an issue you'll have to address if you want any ratchet-mount can under a handguard. ^^

There's a thumb lever/pad/release on the body of the 762-SD-N6 that has to be operated before the teeth on the ratchet mount setup will release to allow it to turn/unthread from the brake/FH mount. While you CAN technically get that to depress/turn while under a handguard (depending on the particular handguard and its design/config.), doing so requires considerable effort and really is not the best idea for cans with that sort of mount/release design. I've seen several mods to handguards to allow easier access to the lever to depress it for quicker/easier removal where necessary...your call on how to attack the issue...but its one that you'll have to deal with in one fashion or another.

As for the dimensions issues...I have seen an SD-N6 fit inside a Seekins BAR which has an ID of 1.8" (just 0.05" larger than the Mega MATEN keymod) with room to spare, so it should work based on my limited observations.

This is absolutely correct. You can make it work, but depressing that 51T latch will be a pain.

I had a relative run into an issue where he was able to thread on the suppressor under is rail, but when it came down to taking it off, let's just say there was a lot of swearing.

I figure I can make it work...are there any 6" suppressors without any goofy QD business I should look at? I'm open to suggestions. Has anyone used the TBAC 30PSS on a 300BLK?