• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Re: DEC 17TH NC DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH

is this going to be an every year match?

I cannot make this December but I would like to make it out in the new year.

Good luck to everyone who is going!

Is it Saturday yet?!

Also are we still starting check in at 0700?

Damn Mil and Leo types love to be up before the butt crack of dawn.
wink.gif

Wx predictions earlier in the week were calling for rain on match day, but the current forecast is looking better. Rain is predicted to clear out by shooting time, clouds should clear and sun should shine by noon, and winds should be average (<10mph)...but don't quote me on that
cool.gif

I've heard good things from lots of folks about past matches at Woody's, so I'm looking forward to a fun day of shooting!

As always, great match. I'll post up some photos tomorrow.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Did anyone snap a picture of final scores to share? We didn't stick around for final scores but just heard we probably should have.</span> Thanks Tom.

Photos from Squad #4.
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">https://plus.google.com/photos/110009724...CJihsPHtqpncuAE</span></span>

DSC_7086.jpg

DSC_6806.jpg

DSC_6845.jpg

DSC_6982.jpg

DSC_6989.jpg

DSC_6997.jpg

DSC_7024.jpg

DSC_7004.jpg

DSC_6877.jpg

DSC_6904.jpg

Great match as always! I'll get some photos up late tonight or tomorrow as well. I did snap a pic of a score sheet, but am uncertain if they are the final results. I'll give Woody a chance to post the final results first.

Thanks all who helped at the match and the shooters who came out and shot.the final scores will be posted tomorrow.There was a problem w/ the no shoot penalties.The program is off.Some teams total time will change.Lou said he should have it corrected by late tonight.

Thanks,
Woody

All great match! Voice is gone but it was pleasure talking with all of you on stage 2 and at the egg portion of the afternoon. I am now anxious for the Spring match!!!!!!

This was a great match! I had a great time even though someone dropped there rifle on my scope and dinged and scratched it all up. I guess shit happens. Thanks for putting this together Woody! I am definitely looking forward to the spring match.

Final Results
Position Team
number Names Total time
(seconds)
1 11 Andy R/Tony A 1581.60
2 1 Steve W/Jordan 1719.59
3 12 Chad R/Ben C 1779.26
4 10 Gabe K/Chuck L 1885.43
5 19 Joel P/Garrett H 1891.35
6 27 Ed P/Berry E 2001.99
7 3 Keaton F/Lawson H 2347.21
8 16 Tony S/John H 2461.71
9 33 Pat P/Zef M 2950.53
10 4 Dave H/Tom E 2965.56
11 29 Tom M/Rob N 2972.15
12 26 Chris W/David K 3014.71
13 32 Randell H/Andy F 3069.85
14 13 Steve J/Jeff G 3310.36
15 17 Richard J/Wayne J 3586.34
16 23 Justin N/Justin G 3720.00
17 6 Gray S/Matthew T 3866.73
18 24 Kevin C/Dave P 3870.93
19 8 Jodie S/Eric L 4155.95
20 21 Kyle L/Shawn S 4388.35
21 31 Dave B/Mike B 4392.54
22 22 Tim W/Dennis A 4403.08
23 9 Eric M/Linwood W 4680.00
24 15 Jon H/Robert D 4771.07
25 2 Ashton J/Scott W 4835.04
26 25 Tim H/Mark C 4920.00
27 14 Keith M/Chuck B 5252.67
28 28 Gehrig A/Arnie B 5760.00
29 30 Jacob P/Jerry T 5880.00
30 5 Tom W/Noel C 6000.00
31 7 Steve H/Joe S 6480.00
32 18 Bryan J/Mark S 7200.00
33 20 Alex N/Jim W 7680

i have never seen that many semi's at a match before... looks like there were more semi's than there were bolts...??

I hope it works out with the 22TSC schedule for Steve and I to attend in the spring. Looks like some of the regulars of 22TSC were in attendance for this match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope it works out with the 22TSC schedule for Steve and I to attend in the spring. Looks like some of the regulars of 22TSC were in attendance for this match. </div></div>

I hope you guys can make it over, great time and a ton of fun. If you drive over Friday we'll get together. I'm still trying to bring several of the DMR shooters to CTSC this spring.

Well we didn't come in last. A little humility won't hurt, not long anyways. No 14 pound bolt gun next time but you gotta start someplace. Learned a lot saw some really good shooters and looking forward to the next match.

It was good to see the youngsters do so well.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it happen.

Thanks Damon and everyone who made this match possible. The course was tougher than the June match but was alot of fun to shoot. I learned alot and look forward to the spring match. I did lose a square MidwayUSA OD Green rear bag rest at stage one late in the day if anyone found one please email me at [email protected] I would appreciate it.

I've had a couple of day's of R&R and want to say thanks to all of the 66 shooters who came out and shot the match.Again thanks to the crew who help run the shooters through the stages.I try to set the match up so everyone can leave w/ something to work on before the next match.Thanks to Barry who shot the match and took some awesome pics.Look forward to the spring match and will be posting the date in the 1st week of Jan.Everyone have a safe and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Bang,Bang,
Woody

I'm curious what gear was used by the top shooters this time around, single-shot bench rifles on top again?

#1 Andy R/Tony A 1581.60
(18" OBR 7.62 with HDMRs)

#2 Steve W/Jordan 1719.59
(JP .308 and an OBR in .308)

#3 Chad R/Ben C 1779.26
(I think I saw suppressed 308 gas guns with this team)

edit: Answers are in for this match.

B,

Team 2 was with us and was shooting the JP .308 and an OBR in .308. I thought I heard team 1 was running gas guns too but I could be wrong.

G

Was team 1 Range 37 guys? Think they were friends of mine but haven't spoken to them since USASOC.

How's it going Jon. Andy and I were both running 18" OBR 7.62 with HDMRs. It was my first time shooting this match and I had a blast. Thanks to everyone involved. Hope to get up for the next one.

That 18" OBR thing seems to be contagious huh? Ask Kevin and Terry if that was you guys that won and they didn't know.
Will we see you guys at Mammoth? We will run the HDMRS as well there.

Good Job guys on the Win! Congratulations!

Firming up info on the Spring Match with Woody so stand by for more info on the next match

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Years

Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious what gear was used by the top shooters this time around, single-shot bench rifles on top again?

#1 Andy R/Tony A 1581.60
(18" OBR 7.62 with HDMRs)

#2 Steve W/Jordan 1719.59
(JP .308 and an OBR in .308)

#3 Chad R/Ben C 1779.26
(I think I saw suppressed 308 gas guns with this team)

edit: Answers are in for this match. </div></div>

Were there any "single-shot bench rifles" on the course this time??? Look forward to next match dates!

Is there info on the next match? One of the participants in the last event said it was beyond great....

APRIL 28 & 29 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH AT WOODYS

Woody and I will be posting the next match info later this week.

It is the best match I shot all year

For any of those looking for pictures from me of the match; I've been off the grid in Pennsyltucky since after the match and upon returning to civilization my laptop decided to go belly up. They are still on my camera, I just need to download them to my old computer and then upload them. It will be a few more days, sorry.

Everyone I Woody just updated the liisting with details of the Spring Match. I will be helping him for this one and have registration forms (and will be figuring out how to link a Google documment) for now e-mail me [email protected] and I will send you the form.

Below is the updated details Woody posted on ppg 1 of the thread:

Woody will be hosting his Spring Match on April 28 -29 2012. Match will offer shooting over 2 days.
We had a great match in Dec. and came away with great comments and support.
The Designated Marksman Match is designed as a 2 man team scored event. Each stage will feature different styles of shooting and problem solving to challenge the competitors.
The Precision match is designed as an individual competitor event. Each stage will have a combination of accuracy, time and problem solving to challenge the competitors

Saturday Morning/Afternoon Matches:
Designated marksmen match will be a two shooter event. Same format as previous matches. Both shooters must shoot their own rifle. 5 Stages with 6 steel targets per stage at distances 100yds to 600yds.This is a timed event with 6:00 minutes per stage.
The match has been expanded to include a morning and afternoon event per previous participant feedback (keep it coming). In addition shooters that want to shoot both the morning and afternoon can with only one caveat the team must consist of a new shooting pair.
For shooters unable to coordinate partners a running list of registered individual shooters will be kept by Dave Branson for pairing during the match.
Sunday Match:
Long range single shooter event. Shooters will engage targets on 3 different stages requiring precision accuracy and simulated Military /LEO scenarios

Details:
• Designated Marksmen match fee:$50.00 per shooter per match (morning and afternoon)
• Long Range match fee: $25.00 per shooter (must be registered for DM Match to shoot LR Match)
• Pre-registration is required! SPACE IS LIMITED.
• Match T-Shirts are being considered more details and pricing TBD
• Saturday lunch will not be served but BBQ will be supplied at the Awards Ceremony at 6:30 pm.
• We are working on getting our sponsors lined up and hope to have a great prize table
• Saturday Check-in 7:00 am for morning match and 12:30 pm for afternoon Match
• Sunday Check-in 9:30 am with an estimated completion around 2:00 pm
1. Location of match: 960 Christian Chapel Rd. New Hill NC.
2. Call Damon Woodall 919-422-6465/Dave Branson 919-906-4932 / or e-mail [email protected] for additional information about the match, directions and local lodging
3. Registration info request via Snipers Hide can PM branson1369
• Registration information requests can also be made via e-mail [email protected]
• Match fees can be made via personal check, money order or PayPal
• Match Details will be updated on Snipers Hide http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2582884#Post2582884 and www.bbshooting.com . Once registered participants will also be e-mailed any applicable updates
• Sponsors- Please contact Dave Branson e-mail [email protected] for a sponsor form and additional information

****** Registration Form Link Below *******

Woodys DSM match Spring 2012 Registration final.pdf - https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1TYryFX59SNYLWjOyRs2l5W3INkE_EE0TO6PIaiR4rcg

optional web form version
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19497930/Woodys_DSM_Spring12_FILLABLE.pdf

You may want to consider shooting the morning with one partner and finding another partner for the afternoon. We have added this option from feedback at the other matches of folks that wanted to ride the ride again!!! The standings will be based on a combination of the morning/afternoon runs. It is a 2nd entry fee but feedback has been very positive so far from roundtable conversations I have had with folks.

I will start a list of folks that are willing to shoot with a "pick up" partner as well as a list of folks needing partners

So, when you sign up can you specify morning or afternoon (assuming you're not shooting both)?

Is there still going to be a shootout among the "finalists" for the Dec long range match? If so, when will that be held?

The Long range shoot off from thew 12.17.11 Match will be held in the late afternoon Saturday before the banquet/prize table session.

What is the address for mailing the check and registration form?

tx

Re: APRIL 28 & 29 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH AT WOODYS

Myself and my partner are definitely in for the spring match. We'll be sending in our registration fees ASAP. I can't wait! I enjoyed the December match so much that I'm definitely ready for the spring match.

As a note you can shoot 2 sessions Saturday as along as there is a change in the partner combination. Several teams are doing a "partner swap". It allows both a dual run and for folks like me a way to run the GAs gun one run and the Bolt gun the 2nd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Long range shoot off from thew 12.17.11 Match will be held in the late afternoon Saturday before the banquet/prize table session. </div></div>

If I am a participant of that unfinished LR shoot off, can I shoot the afternoon DMR match and still not interfere with the schedule of the shoot off?

Dennis

Absolutely on shooting the afternoon match and the follow up from the last match shoot off

Dave

All

As a clarifcation the results from the morning and afternnon runs will be combined for standings for the DSM portion of the match.

This allows for folks to shoot both times with different partners for the overall standings.

Semper Fi

Dave,

Great to hear that you an Woody are having such great success with the matches. It truly is a world class event. Keep up the great work. I might be back at Bragg in a year or so and want to shoot it again.

Tom

Tom

Look forward to shooting with you when you get back!!! I think it will be a great match and Woody is also doing a 10 stage 3 Gun on the Farm in JUne (2 day match)

Dave

I saw the website for the 3 gun match. It sounds like a great match. I know that Woody and Charles can both bring the heat to a shooter and I can only imagine what it will be like out on the farm. I won't be able to make it this time. I start grad school at the end of June.

Take care and let me know if you need anything from Kansas.

Tom