• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Re: APRIL 28 & 29 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH AT WOODYS

Just got back from NJ.

Will send in my fees for both DM matches and the Long Range.

I will need a partner for the morning match.

Give me a shout (Pm will work) if you want to team up.

Shredder58 and I are teaming up for the afternoon match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back from NJ.

Will send in my fees for both DM matches and the Long Range.

I will need a partner for the morning match.

Give me a shout (Pm will work) if you want to team up.

Shredder58 and I are teaming up for the afternoon match. </div></div>

Guess that means you won't be in Roanoke that day? We are trying to decide which match to go to...

Nope.... shooting the steel is WAY more fun than busting Eggs.

And besides, you can only shoot out to 500 yards and I can go there any time.

Just come on down to Woody's and shoot some steel.

You can shoot with me during the AM match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coleridge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Guess that means you won't be in Roanoke that day? We are trying to decide which match to go to... </div></div>

Two hours of shooting compared to one and a half days of shooting...... no comparison. Come on to Woody's match with me and Ron. We need partners for either the morning or afternoon match anyway.

Two hours of shooting compared to one and a half days of shooting...... no comparison. Come on to Woody's match with me and Ron. We need partners for either the morning or afternoon match anyway. [/quote]

If you need a partner for the AM Match, I am open. I have a partner for the PM Match.

I agree with Dennis this is the best format I shoot all year

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope.... <span style="font-weight: bold">shooting the steel is WAY more fun than busting Eggs</span>.

You can shoot with me during the AM match. </div></div>

You get to shoot steel at Roanoke... It's just little bitty ones
grin.gif
. Have ya'll afixed them yet or do they still fly through the air when hit??

Still havn't made a positive decision but looks like we are leaning toward Roanoke. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Really</span> wish they weren't on the same day. I had a LOT of fun at Woody's last June. Me & Duckx were looking forward to it. Plus I would like to run my Dtech AR in the 2nd event (to compare personal times against my bolt gun).

Does anyone know if there will there be any type of "purse/prize" to the winner this time at DM, or will all "prizes" be drawings like at the last June Match?

BJ, I believe Aaron is planning to go to DM again this time. Ya'll might could switch up with his team/him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Two hours of shooting compared to one and a half days of shooting...... no comparison. Come on to Woody's match with me and Ron. We need partners for either the morning or afternoon match anyway. </div></div>

If you need a partner for the AM Match, I am open. I have a partner for the PM Match.

[/quote]

I'm still waiting on the rest of our group to decide where they are going. As soon as we get everything figured out I'll let you know. I'd be glad to partner with you for the AM match if everything works out.

The results from the morning and afternoon times on Saturday will be combined and the teams ranked. Teams will go to the prize table in the overall standings order.

we are begining to get commitments from sponsors and in the next several weeks I will begin posting them in the thread for everyones review. If you have anyone you know of that may want to sponsor (especialily you sponsored teams) please advise

Thanks

Dave

Really looking like I might need a pardner for the pm match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coleridge</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope.... <span style="font-weight: bold">shooting the steel is WAY more fun than busting Eggs</span>.

You can shoot with me during the AM match. </div></div>

You get to shoot steel at Roanoke... It's just little bitty ones
grin.gif
. Have ya'll afixed them yet or do they still fly through the air when hit??

Still havn't made a positive decision but looks like we are leaning toward Roanoke. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Really</span> wish they weren't on the same day. I had a LOT of fun at Woody's last June. Me & Duckx were looking forward to it. Plus I would like to run my Dtech AR in the 2nd event (to compare personal times against my bolt gun).

Does anyone know if there will there be any type of "purse/prize" to the winner this time at DM, or will all "prizes" be drawings like at the last June Match?

BJ, I believe Aaron is planning to go to DM again this time. Ya'll might could switch up with his team/him.
</div></div>

I have not talked to Mark since the match last year. I am not sure what he has planned for the match as far as targets go. I might help set up the match on Friday and donate a couple of Muzzle Brake certificates but then I'm headed to Woody's for some REAL shooting. I really hope the chow hall is going to be in full swing this time. I was disappointed at the last match... no prize table or the famous BBQ I had heard about. Aint which I like more... shooting or eating good food.

As far as the prizes go, I feel that there should be some awards given to however many places for the best shooters. They would get to go to the table first. Then the rest is given away by drawing.

I am going to put a couple of our Tactical Brakes (7/8" & 1" X 5/8-24) on the prize table.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have not talked to Mark since the match last year. I am not sure what he has planned for the match as far as targets go. I might help set up the match on Friday and donate a couple of Muzzle Brake certificates but then I'm headed to Woody's for some REAL shooting. I really hope the chow hall is going to be in full swing this time. I was disappointed at the last match... no prize table or the famous BBQ I had heard about. Aint which I like more... shooting or eating good food.

As far as the prizes go, <span style="font-weight: bold">I feel that there should be some awards given to however many places for the best shooters. They would get to go to the table first. Then the rest is given away by drawing</span>.

I am going to put a couple of our Tactical Brakes (7/8" & 1" X 5/8-24) on the prize table. </div></div>

I feel the same way, make 'em earn it. Then the hard work & preperation is rewarded too (some good competition at the matches).

Looking like we may have to make this one yet...

My team mate (skep_tic1) and I would like to shoot both the AM & PM matches, we are looking for another team that wants to do a partner swap and shoot both. We both shot the last match (I was the guy shooting the SCAR-H). Send me a PM or email,[email protected].

Thanks,

Jon

Re: JUNE 25TH NC DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH

What's up for grabs from the sponsers this year?? Partner and I will be there for sure...super great match last year, even though we didn't get to shoot last one....

Sponsor list is at http://tarheel3gun.com/dmm/Sponsors some great vendors have already committed up with hopefully many more to follow suit. As I recieve confirmation from them I am adding them so keep checking back and send that req. down range

Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rprevatte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's up for grabs from the sponsers this year?? Partner and I will be there for sure...super great match last year, even though we didn't get to shoot last one.... </div></div>

Can't go into details but the prize table is looking pretty good already.
cool.gif
Don't forget to check out the sponsors listed on tarheel3gun.com and visit their sites while you're there.

I'm very much looking forward to shooting the spring match again. Which match did you shoot last year?

Branson, you beat me to it! Had to get the kid ready for a bath and you posted before I got back.

79 MORE DAY'S!Thanks to Branson for all the feed back and the sponsor's he has rounded up for the spring match.Look forward to seeing some shooters that could not make last match.Keep your dope dialed in and see at the match.

Woody

We got some more registrations this weekend it is stacking up to being a great turn out. I was looking at the farm today on stage design for the Sunday portion and I think you all will like the augments and stage additions for this portion.

The sponsors are really ponying up and more are likely to be added. Check out the site http://tarheel3gun.com/dmm/

We are in the process of getting the previous matches results listed

Semper Fi

Registration and Payment sent in today, Really looking forward to this event.

Ok. I am PCSing out to Camp Lejune at the beginning of April and I already have a partner out there whos wanting to shoot his first match. We want to shoot the match very badly but that is the first weekend after I will have checked into a new duty station and I dunno if the wife is gonna let me shoot the match or not. Is there a way myself and my partner can be signed up as possibles? Can we sign up and pay when we get there just in case we cant make it?

Spent 4.5 years at Stumps going to school and teaching Ground Radio repair (former 2861). Wanting to get as many Devil Dogs in the match as posssible. Give me a call 919-906-4932 or an e-mail to discuss your question

Semper Fi

Dave

Cool. Ive only been here a year and cant wait to get back to some place with trees. Im a 2821 Tec Controller actually and my partner is a 2844 Ground Radio Repair Man. Small world isnt it! Ill shoot you and email.

Looking forward to syncing up with you both. I taught RFC and Ground Radio at Stumps nearly 30 years ago

Semper Fi

All
The morning and afternoon matx=ches are filling up please get your registrations end and also check out hte sponsors page on the web site http://tarheel3gun.com/dmm/

Looking like a great prize table for a great match

Everyone that has registered should have recieved an e-mail if note please send me a PM

Registration is in the mail! Looking forward to this.

Match is starting to take shape and we are looking forward to having you all there

All

We are 2/3 full so if you have not sent in registration please get them into Woody and me.

looking forward to the match and the sponsors items are rolling in for the prize table also some nice MGM targets for Sunday!!!

Semper Fi

Duckx & I finally got our chit together. Sent in our forms & payment this week. Looks we'll be with you guys on 4/28.

Looking forward to it.

Had a great phone conversation with Dave today. Great guy.
Got my registration on the way.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and burning some powder.

Dave, can we use different rifles on Saturday and Sunday or does it need to be the same rifle for both days?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coleridge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Duckx & I finally got our chit together. Sent in our forms & payment this week. Looks we'll be with you guys on 4/28.

Looking forward to it. </div></div>

Skipping the Eggs in favor of some Steel, huh?

It will be good to see y'all again.

AFAIK, I will be there with my shooting compadre Tim "Shredder58" Ward.

I'm shooting both matches on Saturday (I am in need of a partner for the AM match) and the long range on Sunday.

No issues woth changing up rifles in fact I would say thats smart (right tool for the job). If you shoot both sessions on Saturday you can change rifles. That was the original idea for 2 sessions as folks wanted to run bolt for one and gas for the other

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Skipping the Eggs in favor of some Steel, huh?

It will be good to see y'all again.

AFAIK, I will be there with my shooting compadre Tim "Shredder58" Ward.

I'm shooting both matches on Saturday (I am in need of a partner for the AM match) and the long range on Sunday. </div></div>

Yeah, I still hate to miss Roanoke... I usually do well there but I don’t want to miss this match again. The DMM is about the best format I've ever shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That was the original idea for 2 sessions as folks wanted to run bolt for one and gas for the other </div></div>

I'm thinking hard about shooting a gas gun in the evening, but it's going to be tough not to "go with what you know" from the morning session. Plus it's just easier to have everything for one gun/caliber. I will be VERY interested is seeing if the higher scores come from the (better conditions) morning or the (more educated) evening event.

Just got a bunch more registrations in today and will send out an e-mail to particpants this weekend

If you have not gotten yours in please try to get them in as slots are filling up

What will the target sizes be like? 1 MOA 2 MOA or smaller possibly? Also I've never done a long range tactical style competition but I am very interested in getting into it. Would this be good first competition?

Great 1st or 1000 competetion as it will have shooters across the spectrum in a very positive setting. On Saturday targets will typically be 6" to 12" steel f;ashers at various ranges.

I am still working the stage specs for Sunday and as we get closer will post basic info and round count min required.

I will say SUnday will have a cold bore at shot with a gift certificate for closest to center from the makers of the Atlas Bipod

Feel free to give me a call or e-mail [email protected] 919-906-4932

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will say SUnday will have a cold bore at shot with a gift certificate for closest to center from the makers of the Atlas Bipod</div></div>

Awesome!

Never to full to add another Marine!!!!!! I have some slots left for both times on Saturday and I do not have a limit on Sunday.

It would be great to get a few more teams coming up from J-ville

Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never to full to add another Marine!!!!!! I have some slots left for both times on Saturday and I do not have a limit on Sunday.

It would be great to get a few more teams coming up from J-ville

Semper Fi</div></div>

Good news, unfortunately the guy I would normally want to partner with will be in 29 Palms during this match. I'm still planning on coming up though, I'll see if anyone else is interested. I'll get the registration sent off tomorrow. S/F

Sounds Great! I spent 4.5 years in Stumps back in the 80" teaching ground radio repair. CA used to be shooter friendly and where I learned what a long range shot truly was

Look forward to meeting you at the match

Branson- How are y'all going to work the "I don't have a partner" crowd? btw I'm a founding member of the "I don't have a partner" crowd.

I hear ya on the partner challenges. Once I get the next 10 days or so of registrations in I plan on working toward pairng folks up and/or sharing a list to the folks needeing partners to see if any know each other

Looking forward to it! Will be sending my registration in tomorrow. I will need a partner for afternoon match.