• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOW @ Savage....coming to bat big time!

Re: WOW @ Savage....coming to bat big time!

I will stick with my Savages. I have owned Howas, Remingtons, FNs, Winchesters, Marlins, Rugers, Stevens and Savage... nothing I have owned or shot can touch my old Savage 10FPLE. I wish I didn't have to sell it.

I have a 10PC now, and I am just starting to work up some loads for it. It shot OK with the 168s that I put through it, but so far it has favored the 175s. I will be cooking up some 155s, and I will see what it will do with them.

Savage is what I will be owning from now on...

DK

lol, my neighbor wont let me cycle his remingtons to compare. its my first bolt action. he says he dont want me wearing them out. i didnt realize the were so delicate i told him. ill see if i can find one at the show this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, my neighbor wont let me cycle his remingtons to compare. its my first bolt action. he says he dont want me wearing them out. i didnt realize the were so delicate i told him. ill see if i can find one at the show this weekend.</div></div>

45gr of Reloader 17 no problem, 175gr SMK doesn't think twice, letting someone cycle the bolt.... better get a gunsmith on the phone asap. Hmm your neighbor sounds like a real winner.

As much as that rifle appeals to me with the threaded barrel and 10round mag...my 10pc and 10fcp will not be replaced.

z71...I'm still debating on going with one of your mags...it's SO tempting.

I am in a bit of a funk where the mags are concerned. I won't be taking any more orders in until I can get some snags worked out.

Thanks for thinking of me though... it is greatly appreciated!!

DK

I've got one of the new Savage 12 LRP 260 and this thing is GREAT!! The only problem that I have had is the ejection spring feels really soft and it is not ejecting the cases correctly or consistantly. Great thing about Savage is it only took one phone call to Savage and they are sending me out both components for the extractor and the ejection pin at no charge and no questions asked. Next I'll be swapping the HS Precision stock out for something with a verical grip.

I highly recommend Manners!! You will not be disappointed. You can thank me later!! LOL!!

DK

just bought a 10 FCP-K as well should be here next week

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dujd09</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also picked up the LRPV in 223 with the 1:7 twist. It's quickly becoming my favorite rifle. It's sub-moa out of the box, not picky about what you feed it, and easier on the wallet for practice. Hoping to take it out groundhog hunting soon.

</div></div>

The consensus among a lot of savagites is that the 1:7 LRPV might well be the best rifle they've made to date.

I've got several savages (and it seems I'm always finding cheap ones to change into other things, I call it the savage flu, it never goes away) It seems every time I go to a match or out to our spot to torture steel the LRPV is the one I grab first. My collection includes factory: 10FP .308-my first bolt gun ever, 12 BR dual port .308, 12 F/TR .223 7 twist, 12 Palma (got this because of the cool stock), 110BA .338LM, 12 LRP .260 and a whole whack of custom savages built in all manner of calibers with a bunch of barrels waiting for donor actions. I still favor the LRPV for general cheap (in terms of reloading components) fun.

I can afford more expensive rifles but I think in terms of practicality the savages are hard to beat.

I once had a reloading error that tore up a bolt face (I was an FNG) it cost me $20 and I was up and running by the next weekend. I had a buddy blow up some sort of AI chassis thingy and it cost him a bunch of money and I don't think it's back to him yet.

I bought a VLP that wouldn't shoot, sent it back to savage they replaced the barrel and action and had it back in a month

In actuality Savages aren't cheap anymore, it's tough to get a accu-trigger DBM model for under $500 even used around here anymore. They are less expensive than a lot of other rifles and very user-serviceable, but I don't think they're cheap.

Now the bastards went and came out with a few more interesting items that I'll "HAVE" to have, I think the kids need to pay for their own education it builds character.

I just wish Savage made Nightforce-quality scopes, I'd be a lot less poor.

But what do I know? I still consider air-cooed VW's a practical source of transportation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ls1mtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you ever going to post some pics of that new stick?! I'd love to see it! </div></div>

Here ya go... enjoy. I know that I dang sure do!!

DK

IMAG0161.jpg

100_0523.jpg

put this
at the end and you will get this

Savage10FCP-SR-Rifle.jpg

a nice looking rifle. looks like you used a flat back bolt knob. and that looks like an AI compatible mag

Thanks for the Info. The bolt knob is not Savage, it's from Shooter's Supply. Don't know if the mag is AI compatible.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly finger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the Info. The bolt knob is not Savage, it's from Shooter's Supply. Don't know if the mag is AI compatible.
cool.gif
</div></div>

that looks like the factory DBM on that rifle, it's the accurate mag DBM...and an accurate mag (AICS compatable)

The Accurate mag DBM will fit the Savage FCP and is a true drop in without modification.
The only exception to that is the screws from my factory DBM we're too short to work with it so I had to put some new ones in.
Here's a short review with I did awhile back.
Accurate mag DBM for Savage FCP

Nice rifle,like the camo.Let see some groups soon.