• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

Aperdue, we do have an inlet for a Savage 10 FP for use with the AICS mags.

AZ6: Weight varies based on options (hand guard length, DBM, etc.) but starts at 3 pounds 5 ounces for the Remington 700 SL and goes to 5 pounds 5 ounces for the Lawton 8000.

EDIT: I do have a Robar 50 in the works that will probably outweigh all the above by a bit!

Guys these stocks are awesome!! I just got mine in a couple of days ago and am going to order everything else I need tomorrow morning minus optics but I will post up some pics next week sometime when i get everything installed. But I cant say enough about how nice they are. And Kyle is a great guy to work with on any questions or concerns you may have

Any pictures yet? I just ordered mine and now I'm getting anxious.
I've had my share of questions, concerns and special details to attend to and kyle has been great. I wasn't sure I wanted an AR style stock, but the XLR had too much going for it for me to ignore.

Here is a picture of a Rem 700 SA I just finished in green with both the 12 and 14 inch hand guards.

700sagreen040.jpg

Beautiful chassis XLR. I'll be contacting you shortly regarding buying one.

Contacted XLR industries through email, they said they'd make me one for a Ruger M77 Mk2, Now I just need the moneys, That is one sweet chassis. Hope to get one around XMAS!!!! :D:D And since u have to make the inlet to work for a ruger, any possiblity of makeing it to use AICS mags??

Scott

XLR,
Was going through the site today, looks great, but as I was ready to send an email regarding ordering one, I noticed the price has increased substantially to $695 for a standard evolution. Why the sudden increase of $100?

Sweet set up. I may have to outfit my .375 Chey Tac with the Evolution HD. I was looking on the website and the bipod tab said coming soon. Is the coming soon bipod the one pictured on the 375
Chey Tac above? If so I would love to hear more about it.

How does the free float tube attach to the chassis? I dont want the tube to come loose constantly. The XLR looks robust enough for field use.
Email inbound for a Savage 10 Evolution!

I'm not Kyle nor pretend to be him nor did I stay at a Holiday inn express last night!!!
I have one of his stocks for a R700. The barrel tube is clamped in with 6 screws and has a pin/screw head on the inside for alignment. It works well and stays tight.

Thanks css for the input. I hate having to tighten a bunch of allen screws in the middle of a session. The Evolution Chassis looks great!

Looking to pull the trigger on one of these stocks.......anyone have range time feedback? Also what bipod are most of you running on this set-up?

Triman, the XLR stock is the most comfortable, solid stock I have ever had the pleasure to shoot! Between the added measure of being able to lay behind it comfortably and the rock solid mounting of the action, my groups tightened up instantly. Additionally, the product is not only flawless but their customer service is excellent! Answering any questions / concerns you might have. As I continue to add rifles to my collection, the XLR stocks are a necessity.

Well, considering they make stocks for the 50 BMG also - I don't think you'd have a problem fitting any heavy barrel into it. Check with Kyle at XLR for actual specs though - he'll take good care of you

What mods do you have to do to mount an AR stock? And since you have to take the locating nub off the stocks what keeps them from rotating?

what are the options for the hadguard tube

i would like to see patterns that do not look like swiss chz

also to fit a prs requires mods... is this an option from u

what color options are available

thanks

Jf, No mods have to be done. The back of the stock is threaded for the AR tubes. On the Magpul, the front sling screw gives enough tension to it to keep it from rotating. www.xlrindustries.com Heres a link to thier website

The website says this though.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> While the butt stock is attached with the same 1-3/16 buffer tube, the geometry of most rifle actions in relation to the trigger height/grip height limits the use of the anti-rotation dowel that is used in conventional "AR" platforms. A good rule of thumb is that if the locking dowel is integrated into the butt stock, it cannot be used without some professional modification.</div></div>

What is the weight with the magpul stock on it?

Here's some pics of the mod for the Magpul stock. Again the front sling bracket gives all the tension I need to keep the stock from rotating. I also could drill and tap a set screw to keep it from rotating if needed(but havent yet).
009-9.jpg

005-5.jpg

004-9.jpg

Just to add some beauty to this thread. Can't do any better than what you've already shown but it just doesn't get old looking at these stocks!

Green setup is Savage 10FP LE .308 SA and the black rig is Remington 700 SPS Tactical.

XLR_rifle_stock-65-of-29.jpg

XLR_rifle_stock-64-of-29.jpg

XLR_rifle_stock-50-of-29.jpg

xlr_rifle_stock-8-of-16.jpg

xlr_rifle_stock-54-of-13.jpg

img_0026.jpg

xlr_rifle_stock-13-of-16.jpg

xlr_rifle_stock-14-of-16.jpg

img_0090.jpg

img_0160.jpg

What the turn around time on getting one

Ours came in just a couple of weeks (or 5 months faster than out McMillan). Not sure about current wait time but it's likely better than you'll find most other places for the time being.

I hate seeing these XLR chassis threads...

I want a T4 one minute, then bounce back to this. I love the look these have (tubegun-ish), and the fact its a zero-bedding deal. And no need to inlet and buy a DBM setup...and the buttstock that goes every direction one could think of...

..and the fact it looks awesome.

Got a question for you guys who are running these.

Is there any problem running a 20moa base that extends past the recoil lug? In the pics,it looks like the barrel clamp would get in the way?

Shooter Reviews,
Are those medium height Burris XTR rings on the green Savage? That SS scope is a 42mm objective?
I've got an Evo chassis on order for my Savage 10 and I'm thinking the Burris , medium XTR rings will be too short for my 50mm MkIV and 20 MOA rail.
LRD,
The base cannot extend past the recoil lug.

These look like a sweet stock for my upcoming Savage 7mm Rem Mag build!

'it Does' . & wi;; interfere with extended length & limit use to a standard/short length Base .
I still ordered one in SA to check-out but don't have it in my hands yet . & that is about the 'Only negative' thing that really I could see in making the decision . & I really looked the XLR Chassis over pretty hard before deciding to actually dedicate & put my time in on one .

The Barrel clamp on the action being just a tad higher and not flush in height with the top of the Action was almost a deal breaker in me checking it out . & that discrepancy in height & Not being able to run an Extended Scope Base out past the Action's OAL .
( for Me) I like to stretch-out the Rings a bit in spacing when running the larger and 'Longer' variable-X scope's . & that is not going to happen with that chassis design . guess you can not always have everything you want & every chassis system is going to have it's small glitch's for the user . I still think it looks pretty solid .

Do you have to check that clamp all the time ?

Those of you that have these on a Savage. How does the clamp sit on the barrel nut? All the pics I see, it goes on top of the BN. Does it even touch the barrel nut or does the groves on the barrel nut need to be in a certain location?

So with this chasis the barrel is totally free floated ? Also does anyone have a pic of a 16-or 18 inch barrel in this system with the 14inch handguard?