• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

Hey all, new long range shooter here. I have a Remington 700 VTR 308 and am wondering if it is worthy of an XLR chassis? Thanks for any constructive feedback.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmoney911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey all, new long range shooter here. I have a Remington 700 VTR 308 and am wondering if it is worthy of an XLR chassis? Thanks for any constructive feedback. </div></div>

as long as you feel its worthy, then it is!

Lots of good looking rigs in here. This is killing my wallet.

Anyone know the average turnaround time on these from ordering to shipment? I'll be ordering one for my Savage 110 7mmRM build, but I gotta wait until Uncle Sam sends me my tax refund.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know the average turnaround time on these from ordering to shipment? I'll be ordering one for my Savage 110 7mmRM build, but I gotta wait until Uncle Sam sends me my tax refund. </div></div>

Turnaround is about 6 weeks. Kyle at XLR is really helpful. I'm still mulling the option of a few other stocks at this time. I just picked up a 700 SPS tactical which may get the XLR chassis instead. For the price it seems like one of the best stock options with a DBM built in. Just my 2c

Can't Wait!!! Mine should be here SOOOON
smile.gif

I'm talking through PM's to Kyle now.I'm overseas but will be back in a week or two and will call him and order an Evolution chassis for my Remy 700sa.I've had some personal issues but finally soon will be able too grab one of these badboys.Thanks Kyle for the help.

~Reagan

I have nothing but good things to say about kyle and his product.
Here is the chassis kyle built for me. 700 XCR long range 300wm.
I'll be ordering Viper PST this week.

xlr2.jpg

I'm in the same boat, 5 weeks down, one more to go. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the month....which is good a thing. I have about 500 rounds that I have reloaded over the last few months and need to do some shooting. I'll also have to wait on my optics, PST 6-24......I hope it all gets here at the sametime. It would be like Christmas in April!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHAKAZULU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man. Mine is taking tooooooooooo long lol. I've got to stop looking at these photos.... </div></div>

+1. I've been doing the same thing. For awhile, I just tried to forget that I had ordered one. It did make the time seem to go a little faster, but now I'm hopefully one week out and wishing it was two weeks from now.

Arrgghhh......Im even more confused now.

I was thinking about saving the coin for a DTA SRS......but this chassis looks sweet and even with a top quality action, barrel and trigger....I could save boatloads over a DTA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHAKAZULU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man. Mine is taking tooooooooooo long lol. I've got to stop looking at these photos....</div></div>

I think we are in the same production run. Something tells me that Kyle is busy and getting a lot of demand.

It's funny how something like a gun stock can be so exciting . . . kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I noticed he updated his site with pics . . . looks like he has at least 11 in this run - and that may just be the black ones.

picday7_008.jpg

Glad to see all the excitement guys. We have the CNC's running over 15 hours a day 6 days a week trying to get these to you as fast as possible.

Here is a picture of about 50 action blocks waiting for anodizing or for butt stocks.

Maybe one of these is yours...
wink.gif

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries

actionblcoks004_crop.jpg

I think I will have you all beat for the longest wait time. Ordered a Evolution folding chassis+rails+mags(223+308) from a Smith who was going to install a 15.5" select match barrel at the same time. He had ordered one that didn't allow for the bottom bolt release on the Savage Precision Carbine + Savage 10 FPK-K. Had to re-order after waiting a few months plus. Now the fun starts all over again while I wait for the new stock. Dec 26-10 and counting. Smith did not have my rifle at the time of the order.

Hope you all post lots of pictures as it makes the waiting worth it! Can't wait to finally get my hands on mine!!!

Another month or so and I'll be ordering one. Yay. I wish you'd offer clear anodizing though.

Another CS follow-up for on the XLR .
Great customer service & good communication with Kyle. & Also good on working with you on Post purchase details to getting the Chassis set-up to personal shooting preferences & expectations .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see all the excitement guys. We have the CNC's running over 15 hours a day 6 days a week trying to get these to you as fast as possible.

Here is a picture of about 50 action blocks waiting for anodizing or for butt stocks.

wink.gif

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries

actionblcoks004_crop.jpg
</div></div>

Kyle, that's cruel. Stop teasing them !!

While I have got your attention...

Can you do one of these for a sako 75 308? I have been looking at restocking for a while but a key issue for me is getting a rig with a 10 round DM set up and ergonomic flexibility. Any idea if that is feasible

Andy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see all the excitement guys. We have the CNC's running over 15 hours a day 6 days a week trying to get these to you as fast as possible.

wink.gif

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries

actionblcoks004_crop.jpg
</div></div>

I call dibs on the one in the 2nd row, 2 up from the bottom of the picture. HAHAHA. Kyle, you definately are making a great product here, I can't wait to receive mine in a couple weeks. Thanks for an amazing stock. I've had the oppotunity to line up behind one of your chassis's, and I got even more excited about getting mine. Thanks again.

wink.gif

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries

I see it! I see it! It's the one in the middle... oh she looks so sweet... Man looking at this pic reminds me of those moves when you see the parents looking at their newborn through the window of the NICU room. Well it's well worth the wait. Great work Kyle....

actionblcoks004_crop.jpg
</div></div>

hey also for guys looking @ Folder Stock
you have a couple options with XLR & one them being the ( Drop Lock ) Hinged Stock .
I gave it a shot & ordered it to check it out for a Bolt Rifle & it is Very solid on the Lock-up .
It is a little different that what I was used to having that just Swings & Folds open/closed. (example)- 2.0 aisc chassis . but Nothing out there is as solid locking, smooth, bullet proof as the AICS hinged folder . but This drop-lock is not bad choice though.

Drop-Lock . Opens & folds-out smooth with One-Hand. but Not really a 1-hand operation for the Fold-in/Closing position . As you have to lift the spring mechanism UP to fold closed .
It is real solid on the lock-up in open-position when shooting . & I am not disapointed that I chose that model folding hinge .

Care to post some pics?

I'm waiting on my chassis and never really thought about a folder but I might be willing to change my mind.

Great looking rigs. For you gentleman that have this chassis, I would really like to know how it handles shooting from the shoulder freehand if you had to occasionally. Thanks.

These are great. How does a scope with low rings, and 50mm objective fit on a 20moa base? Will the objective hit the handguard?

Kyle told me that my chassis was probably going to ship tomorrow. I'm very excited to say the least.

Guy, I doubt that the setup that you describe above would work. There is a formula that Kyle came up with that will tell you the scope ring height that you will need. It's in one of the XLR threads. I have a 42m objective and two sets of rings, Warne tactical meduim height and Nightforce ultralite highs.....I much as I like the NF ultralites I think that I'm going to use the lowest set that this setup allows and I'm pretty sure that both are going to be close. I guess what I'm trying to say is that low rings + 50mm obj. seems like a stretch.

Once I get everything together I'll post some pics.

Once again, Kyle has been top notch so far and I'm very glad that I went in this direction.

I'm out that far too. Just found out mine is on its way. I had some extras included so its no surprise with the recent demand that it has taken longer. Don't fret it might already have shipped. Send him an email, I'm sure he'd be glad to update ya. I know what ya mean though longest 7 weeks of my life
smile.gif

If that is a concern, you can ask Kyle to cut a slope in the front block.

He did it for my rifle which now carries a 72mm Zeiss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHAKAZULU</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm out that far too. Just found out mine is on its way. I had some extras included so its no surprise with the recent demand that it has taken longer. Don't fret it might already have shipped. Send him an email, I'm sure he'd be glad to update ya. I know what ya mean though longest 7 weeks of my life
smile.gif
</div></div>

I thought he would send out a tracking number after it was sent. I guess I'll pester him - I need the tracking number so I can leave the gate open for the driver or it's going to sit out by the road until I notice it.
frown.gif

Yeah, I'm out 7 weeks too.....very excited about this. I emailed Kyle last week or the week before, and he said that this run of chassis's were going late to paint, about 1 week behind. He then said that he thought they would be done by tomorrow. So I'm hoping they are done and being shipped out. Don't know how much longer I can wait. AAAHHHHHHH!!!! Glad I went this direction though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silentrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, Post pictures for the rest of us who still have a long wait. Six more weeks for me. Thanks </div></div>

Will do, as soon as I get it in my hands!!!!

Kyle is excellent to deal with. This chassis is going on my main competition rifle. I wanted some advice on the stock and he got me squared away by explaining the differences between the tactical, regular, and PRS options.

Current setup is XLR chassis, Short Action Customs built 6.5 CM rifle, with Hensoldt glass. Will be using it at the Cup this year.

Forgot to mention that not only is Kyle responsive despite the build schedule, he aims for satisfaction above and beyond results, which can be very frustrating to vendors since customers are just as experimental as they can have defined requirements.

I randomly came across a picture of this stock in Google images, while searching for who knows what else, and completely fell in love! Took me a few days to find out exactly what this stock was, but I eventually figured it out. This stock is the reason I decided to buy my first rifle, a Remington 700 SPS-V .308, and start a build. I'll probably be 6 months out until I can actually afford to place my order. Thanks for making such a wonderful looking stock! From the sound of it, it will shoot like a dream, too.

I've contacted Kyle a couple times with some questions (which the answers look to be up on the site now). He was extremely great in his responses, and I look forward to working with him, when it comes time to order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHAKAZULU</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm out that far too. Just found out mine is on its way. I had some extras included so its no surprise with the recent demand that it has taken longer. Don't fret it might already have shipped. Send him an email, I'm sure he'd be glad to update ya. I know what ya mean though longest 7 weeks of my life
smile.gif
</div></div>

I thought he would send out a tracking number after it was sent. I guess I'll pester him - I need the tracking number so I can leave the gate open for the driver or it's going to sit out by the road until I notice it.
frown.gif

</div></div>

I got my tracking number yesterday and a call from Kyle too. Great customer service so far. Less than 24 hours for me!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I got my tracking number yesterday and a call from Kyle too. Great customer service so far. Less than 24 hours for me!
wink.gif
</div></div>

Not gonna lie.......really jealous right now. I should be getting a tracking number shortly.

Recieved my tracking number today. Looks like next wednesday I'll have her in my hands. This is going to be a long couple of days.

Pics to post shortly.