• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

I wish I could make up my mind on my build idea. Keep bouncing back and forth a a heavy monster in an AI or a med-heavy 17" with threaded muzzle/flash hider or brake with this stock and a CTR/folder with cheekpiece.

Here's a quick pic I took of mine. It carries a Surgeon/Kreiger .243 barreled action.

Kyle is great to work with and has really worked with me to get everything squared away.

IMG_1414.jpg

Joe

dang...these are sweet! taxes should be back in 8-14 days
smile.gif

I got mine last year and got it pretty quickly. If you've got questions/concerns/etc... just call Kyle. He's great to deal with and is quick to answer questions and offer explanations.

It's a great chassis and is very comfortable to shoot.

Thanks, Jerkee. I spoke with Kyle yesterday. I'm waiting for my Evo Chassis. I want to handle one before I order a second.

I know what chassis is getting used for the 375 Chey Tac build, what's the backlog right now?

I just placed an order for my Savage 110 FCP-K - now the hard part . . . waiting (est. 5-6 weeks).
wink.gif

I love the look of these stocks. I asked Kyle about one for my AR50 and he said he hasn't done one yet so I would have to send it to him.
eek.gif
I know he is a stand up guy and I'm not at all worried about him it's the there and back people I worry about.

Cause I can
ar50003-1.jpg

OP, what color is that? did you have them do that or did you have it done after you received it?

I ordered my chassis Friday right after noon EST. In my excitement I didn't even ask Kyle for a ETA. Since I've been told by email that I'm about 6 weeks out.

I'm really excited and cannot wait to handle this chassis and see what my setup is capable of once everything is all put together.

I'll take this oppurtunity to once again sing the praises of Kyle and XLR. I first PM'd Kyle long ago and have since Pm'd him many many times kicking tires, he always answered my questions quickly and went out of his way to help me out. When I actually called to place my order I asked Kyle a question about machining, a question that had nothing to do with the chassis, and he spent about 10-15 minutes on the phone with me helping me out. Customer Service is TOP NOTCH!!

I have to say I feel really confident that I spent my money wisely and I really look forward to shooting my new rig sporting a XLR Chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sackett, that is our "redstone" color. </div></div>

Thanks!

I sent you an email asking about colors but failed to ask my entire question. Is the color anodized or is it a spray on? Are custom colors available? Maybe something a little more on the wild side.

this chassis is sweet. i have a christionson arms 1.25" barral. will it fit in the chassis. its a rem700 vsc.308.
I like a lot new bday gift from wife.......

maybe

Jerkface11, The chassis are anodized. We do not do anything exotic in house at this time.

You could always get one in black and have it hydro-coated...some of those prints look pretty exotic!

I have one of Kyles chassis being built for my Tikka .308 Varmint. It should be completed in the next few weeks. I have notning but good things to say about XLR Industries. Kyle is great to work with.

Just pulled the trigger on a XLR chassis......now the excitment begins. I have PST 6-24 on the way(hopefully the same time as the stock.) Thanks Kyle for making a nice product.

Eric

not bad. if my funds are in order in the next few weeks i will give you guys a call.
thanks

I just bought the sako quad from Adam B with the XLR chassis. I have to say the feel and fits is really nice. I'm in love with this little rifle. I would definitely buy another xlr chassis for my Tikka, in the near future.

Triman, There have been no feeding issues that I know of from production models. There was a gentleman on here that was having feeding issues but turns out it was caused by his gunsmithing grinding the chassis trying to get a right handed trigger to fit a left handed chassis. He did not clean the chips out when he bolted the trigger guard back on which resulted in the feeding issues.

If anyone has any other issues, please let me know.

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries

zero issues with mine. I have tried to make the rifle jam by moving the mag while cycling amd have not been able to make it jam. My positional shooting has also improved with this stock.

All good things that I like to hear. XLR, thanks for the response to my question. It is always nice to know that we have vendors that care about this customers.....this is why I look forward to getting my stock from you. Thanks again.

Eric

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JerkeeJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My second chassis should show up next week! I'll post some pics when it arrives. </div></div>

JEALOUS!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks bad ass.

I can't wait for mine to get here. </div></div>

...you and me both! Last week, Kyle said my stock was at the anodizing stage, which I assume is one of the last stages, if not the last. I am chomping at the bit...

I fired a .338LM today for the first time, it was mounted in an XLR chassis and the ergonomics of the stock made the recoil very manageable.

Very nice to see Kyle's products kicking ass in here!! I still love mine! I have had zero issues with it!

Now if I could just figure out that damn formula Kyle posted on how to measure up for proper ring height I'd be doing good when my PST arrives!
wink.gif
I got lost repeatedly trying to decipher that equation! lol

If you have a set of calipers, it makes things a little easier. But I think I still need taller rings. I have a weaver 20 moa base and weaver tactical high rings and I think I'm still low with a 50MM obj.......we will see when my stock gets here. On ther other hand I might just buy a set of extra high rings and be set when it gets here. Who knows!!!!

Though i'm biased towards my AICS Stock, your stock on your 700 looks soo cool!

Hi!
Will there be a possibility for me who lives in Sweden to get a XLR?

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Bump</span> this to the TOP</span>, for outstanding customer service from XLR Industries . BIG 2 Thumbs-Up .
For taking the time & effort to give the customer a @-home phone call & a Heads-Up that the Chassis went out the door & is in Transit .
Also with keeping the predicted production finish time for there product being done & delivered in the time-line they quoted it would be .

I am patiently waiting for my chassis and was wondering if anyone has painted their's?

I was thinking of ceracoting the action/barrel in a solid color and the chassis in some sort of digital pattern.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triman2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody with the DBM experience abnormal round feeds? I've heard different stories with the magazines. </div></div>

Yeah, I had abnormal feeding from my magazine. Turns out about 1.5mm of the front bottom of my Savage action was sticking into the mag well area. I had my gunsmith grind the action so none of it protruded into the magwell and that solved my feeding issue.

I have an XLR coming in the next few weeks. Would any other XLR owners with 56mm scopes mounted on rails happen to know what height of rings you are using.

I will be mounting a Nightforce 56mm on an EGW 20MOA rail on a Savage 110 action. Currently, I have the NF "Medium" (1.00) rings but I think they are going to be too low for this stock.

Thanks in advance.

I can't help you with any 56mm objective specs. On my Savage 10 XLR, I have a 20 MOA rail, Leupold 4.5-14x50mm scope and .500" high rings. My scope will just barely clear the forend.
I think 1.00" rings will clear with your 56mm NF.
[img:left]
XLRSavage10.jpg
[/img]

I found the fitment Q&A on the XLR site:

http://www.xlrindustries.com/Fitment.html

I think I'm going with the 1.265 rings. The 1.00 rings are really close to the barrel now and based on Kyle's formula I need rings that are at least 1.15 high.

PS. That's a nice looking rig Hammerdown. I can't wait.

How much gunsmithing is required to assemble an XLR rifle? Can I buy parts (barrel, action, trigger, etc) and bolt everything together, or is a bunch of precision machining required?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hammerdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The action bolts right into the XLR chassis. No bedding or machining required.</div></div>
Is gluing necessary (or desirable)?

oh wow.... i changed my mind on what chasis system i want now...

beautiful rifles guys.. im sure they shoot just as well as they look!

im assuming the grips are interchangeable??