• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

I not a fan of the painted stock, not sure if that is the case here, but DAMN! this is one sexy-assed XLR set-up...

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tap-a-keyboard & Click-a-mouse

Thank you. That's not paint. That's all cerakote, done by Keith at Phoenix custom rifles. They did the whole build.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Another great build from Accurate Ordnance

Doing the load buildup now with 139gr Lapua Scenar in .260Rem caliber, Lapua Brass, 38.3gr Varget, FGMM210M

Chassis - XLR Evolution TACTICAL, black, 12" hand guard, with Ambi Cheekrest, DBM setup, handguard picatinny rail kit

Stiller Precision TAC30 A/W action, pinned recoil lug, Stiller 20MOA single piece base, Short Action

26” Stainless Steel Brux barrel, 1-8 twist, recessed 11-degree crown, .260 Remington

Timney trigger, 2.5 lb pull

AI AW 10-round magazines

Black Cerakote

US Optics ER25 5-25x58 T-Pal 34mm tube, Matte Black, Mil Scale MPR Red Reticle, EREK, .1 Mil elevation, US3 .1 Mil windage.

Badger Ordnance 34mm Extra High 1.375 inch Alloy Ring Set P/N 306-54

Buzz

UPDATED PHOTOS:

FACTORY AMMO: COPPER CREEK .260Rem 139gr Lapua Scenar....great ammo!

Load Buildup:

Just can't say enough how pleased I am with Mark and the guys at Accurate Ordnance.....great workmanship, and the gun is shooting well with 90 rounds fired....load workup almost complete, barrel is seasoned, tried some Copper Creek ammo as a crosscheck to my own load buildup, and it is awesome.

Thanks, Mark!

Unless that is a 300 yard load work up, I don't think you've found an accuracy Load at all yet. No reason all those holes shouldn't at least be touching if that's at 100 yards. My 260 shot practically 1/2 MOA during load development no matter what I fed it. Best loads were 4 out of the 5 rounds in damn near the same hole(.19 MOA), with the 5th round opening them up to the .3s.
Try h4350 and 140 amax. My go to load is 2.855oal, under 43.2 grains. Lapua brass and 210m primers.
ty9ebupy.jpg
ete3y2y5.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bodywerks -

I'll give it a try...thanks. I am a relative newby, so I blame myself for the groups instead of the gun! The final load on this one produced 2.75" groups (1.6" vertical dispersion) at 600 yards (testing different seating depths), so not totally displeased with this load for a 'new guy'! I'll try to post some 100 yard groups in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Here's my Savage 110BA in a XLR chassis, I think it looks better than the stock chassis. Told Kyle it was a work of art and I was going to sleep with the night I got it, so I did. I don't get out much.
IMG_0633.jpg

I know this is a long shot since its an old post, but i would really like to know what your setup with the savage 110 ba 338 lm is weighing in at? I have a 110 BA myself, and was thinking about getting a Xlr Evolution stock for it.

For those of you that sent your action to Kyle to be inlet, did he notify you when he shipped it back to you, or did it just show up on your doorstep? I don't want to call and waste his time by asking if it's shipped, but I also need to know approximately what day I need to be here to sign for it.

General,

Feel free to call or e-mail us at any time! You will be sent tracking information if we are sending you anything.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

For those of you that sent your action to Kyle to be inlet, did he notify you when he shipped it back to you, or did it just show up on your doorstep? I don't want to call and waste his time by asking if it's shipped, but I also need to know approximately what day I need to be here to sign for it.

If a JP Enterprises Large Profile comp is attached to a Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD that is in a XLR Evolution Chassis, can that barreled action then be freely removed from and reinstalled into the stock without removing the compensator?

Thanks in advance for the info.

What is the max diameter barrel that can be run with the carbon chassis and a Tikka receiver?

I bought a buttstock from XLR, Kyle was awesome to deal with. I don't like the magpul plastic crap, and wanted a unique custom look. Couldn't have come out looking any better! Not the best pic of the stock but i love this pic.image.jpg

If a JP Enterprises Large Profile comp is attached to a Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD that is in a XLR Evolution Chassis, can that barreled action then be freely removed from and reinstalled into the stock without removing the compensator?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Good question, I'd like to know that too.

Yes, the JP large diameter muzzle brake will fit our chassis without having to be removed. Anything 1.35" or smaller will work.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

XLR Chassis Stock

My Chassis is at the UPS Depot in Hermiston, OR... Tomorrow should be the DAY!!!

It is somewhere in the facility pictured, have to love Google Maps...

Happy New Year everyone. Pic's to follow soon after I have it all built.

Attachments

• XLR hermiston.jpg
    XLR hermiston.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 41
I have a XLR carbon chassis on the way. I am looking for a scope mount for the 308 rem shortaction. I have a egw 20moa base. Any recommendations for a 1 piece mount? I have a vortex viper pst 6-24x50 on its way. Let me know your thoughts

Hey All,

So I ordered my Chassis and received it in about 5 weeks. Kyle at XLR is awesome. From explaining everything in a simple way to following up. Being that I'm relatively new to this long range rifle thing and i'm not a former Seal I ask "stupid" questions. Kyle was very polite and sold me what I thought I needed... No feeling like a moron.

I have a Remington 700 varmint .308 with a 26" Barrel. I had the barrel threaded by Westcoast Armory in Bellevue, WA. I had a Precision Armament M41 Severe Duty Brake installed. For Glass, I have a Burris Fullfield II 6.5x20x50 with a Weaver SPR Tactical Mount.

Shooting the rifle is night and day from the crappy stock I had before. The XLR is so solid, no flex, nothing. It feels like a great old hat, a well broken in mit. If your on the fence about this stock, DO IT. I have been a long time lurker of this thread and hesitated, BOY was i wrong. I should have bought this a year ago...

The XLR Chassis is the Evolution Tactical with the Lite Buttstock. It is similar to the tactical, simpler. I went shooting for the first time and recorded a shot at the range. I will update the thread once I can get out and take some good photos(weather has been sub par). Enjoy the video in the link though...

Remington 700. 308 XLR evolution tactical lite - YouTube

I have a XLR carbon chassis on the way. I am looking for a scope mount for the 308 rem shortaction. I have a egw 20moa base. Any recommendations for a 1 piece mount? I have a vortex viper pst 6-24x50 on its way. Let me know your thoughts

I use an egw base on my savage that's in an xlr. Because of the "overhang" it won't work without modification. To make it work all you need to do cut the end of the base off. Maybe 3/4".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to share my setup.

20" Remington 5R, .308
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP
Badger Ordinance base, NF X-high rings
Timney straight trigger
AAC Brakeout
Harris bipod w/ pod lock
attachment.php
attachment.php

FGMM 168GR at 100yd, 5 rounds
t-100.jpg

FGMM 168GR at 200yd, 3 rounds (the first 2 were dialing in the scope)
t-200.jpg

Attachments

• xlr-1.jpg
    xlr-1.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 40
  • xlr-2.jpg
    xlr-2.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Had mine for about 3 weeks now. Took it out twice so far.....good lord I love this thing.

20" Remington 5R stainless, .308
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 illuminated, ffp, bubble level
Badger Ordinance 20 MOA base
Nightforce X-high rings
Timney straight trigger
Harris bipod with pod lock
AAC brakeout
attachment.php

attachment.php

FGMM 168gr @100yd, 5 rounds
t-100.jpg

FGMM 168gr @200yd, 3 rounds (other 2 rounds were me dialing in the scope)
t-200.jpg

Attachments

• xlr-1.jpg
    xlr-1.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 33
  • xlr-2.jpg
    xlr-2.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 33
I'm putting my Savage 110 BA .338 LM in an XLR Tac Evolution rig. Does anyone know if I can use a Mark 2 IMS mount with my Leupold Mark IV 6.5 20 x 50? Or will I need some different rings? Forgive the ignorance... I'm new to forums and LR shooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey Kyle, i was wondering does the tactical lite buttstock that REMbuild mentioned still have a provision for attaching an accushot monopod? If so, what would the price range be for a savage LA centerfeed (triggerguard bolt release) chassis with aforementioned buttstock, DBM, and 14 inch handguard run? PM me if necessary! thanks for your time.

hey Kyle, i was wondering does the tactical lite buttstock that REMbuild mentioned still have a provision for attaching an accushot monopod?

Yes, you can add a small rail to the bottom of the tactical lite buttstock. It's drilled and tapped already.

A while back (okay, maybe a *long* while back) someone asked about pics of rigs with long (30" or more) barrels and it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of response. Figured I'd throw a couple out there for anyone interested.

Savage 12 F/TR w/ 30" Kreiger heavy Palma contour 1-12"barrel, 2013 USFTR chamber, XLR Carbon chassis with the Heavy Duty/ bag-rider butt stock, sitting on a Center Shot carbon fiber bipod and Edgewood rear bag, wearing a Nightforce 15-55x Competition (2013) scope in extra high NF rings. Also swapped out the Ergo fat-grip for a Sierra Precision grip.

20140121_090424_zpsfuayrbq2.jpg

This question may be answered already. I just couldn't find where it is addressed.

Is there a way to tell the different generations of the Evolution Chassis for the Rem 700 SA apart from each other? For instance, it is my understanding that the newest version has rounded off some edges and made other changes. Is there a complete list of the changes made through the generations somewhere that I can use to tell them apart? How many variations of this chassis exist? Are there any serial numbers on them that would be helpful?

Thank you.

Ok, so probably the easiest way to tell is by looking at the bottom of the chassis. Our first generation has a more squared off taper on the bottom (see first pic)

If you look at the black circle on the second picture you can see the smoother lines of the taper. Second generation also has our logo engraved on the bottom of the chassis (red circle).

We have also changed the DBM lever from a 1/4" wide paddle (first Generation) to a wider 3/8" wide paddle (second gen).

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

This question may be answered already. I just couldn't find where it is addressed.

Is there a way to tell the different generations of the Evolution Chassis for the Rem 700 SA apart from each other? For instance, it is my understanding that the newest version has rounded off some edges and made other changes. Is there a complete list of the changes made through the generations somewhere that I can use to tell them apart? How many variations of this chassis exist? Are there any serial numbers on them that would be helpful?

Thank you.

Kyle,

When did you transition from the first generation to the second generation?

Much thanks for your detailed explanation.

Ok, so probably the easiest way to tell is by looking at the bottom of the chassis. Our first generation has a more squared off taper on the bottom (see first pic)

If you look at the black circle on the second picture you can see the smoother lines of the taper. Second generation also has our logo engraved on the bottom of the chassis (red circle).

We have also changed the DBM lever from a 1/4" wide paddle (first Generation) to a wider 3/8" wide paddle (second gen).

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has tried the XLR 20 MOA Remington 700 SA Scope Base.
If so, how did you like it, was it stable, held zero, ect, ect?
Thanks!

For guys with the XLR LRA bipod, what cases are you using to transport your rifle with the bipod attached? The bipod is too wide for my case with any amount of foam installed.

Should be about 3 more weeks +/- on my Savage 110 chassis.... waiting is rough. So bad that I just started a 6.5 CM custom build with Accurate Ordnance on an XLR chassis that they had in stock. Is it bad to have two builds going at once??

Does anyone know what height Seekins rings I would need with the following setup?

Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD
XLR Evolution
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50
20 MOA base (I think it's the one made by XLR, but I'm not certain of brand. It's whatever Red Hawk Rifles mounts as an add on.)

I don't have any of this stuff in my possession yet.

Thank you.