• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

i'm on the wall about the XLR chassis or JP AMCS chassis

this seems a lil cheaper initially but once you add the the options and mags it basically is the same price

JP chassis 1099.00
Magpul PRS stock
2 AICS mags 10rds

XLR Evolution $720
tactical stock $40
ACE folder $115
2 10rd MAGS $148
plus wait

so i guess it all comes down to ergonomics and looks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is very funny cave moron... </div></div>

cave moron...
grin.gif
Thanks Atilla, I needed a good chuckle. Good luck to you with your new rifle. I sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. If you are ever in Western Colorado let me know. Dinner is on me.

Respectfully,
-Chris

Just a word on XLR. Kyle was very good to deal with. I had a very unusual action (barnard P-chey) when I received my chassis I had some fitment issues. I contacted Kyle and he had me send the barreled action and chassis back to him. After about a 2 weeks I had my chassis and barreled action all assembled and fitting perfectly. I feel like kyle went above and beyond on how fast he had my chassis fix. just my .02

Thank You Chris, for the nice words. I really love the chassis, I can't wait to take to the range, and play with the adjustment ,finish with the install, and will try out a 1000 yards first time in my life
smile.gif

Same as here, if you will come to Houston, Tx
wink.gif

Regards, Attila

I had to cut back a bit (about 1/2 inch) my EGW Savage Round back sa Rail 20 MOA to fit because it was too long and was touching the chassis.
Do you guys recommend other brand rail what would fit on my Savage 10fp without modification?
Thank You!

"The scope base on your rifle can extend .200" past the action face. If your base is longer, we can shorten it for you at no charge." --- direct quote from the XLR Industries website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to cut back a bit (about 1/2 inch) my EGW Savage Round back sa Rail 20 MOA to fit because it was too long and was touching the chassis.
Do you guys recommend other brand rail what would fit on my Savage 10fp without modification?
Thank You!</div></div>

I bought a Farrel 30moa for my 110 and it did not need to be cut.

<span style="font-weight: bold">..."<span style="font-style: italic">Regarding the folder, it's possible to have a bit of play in it as well. Nothing short of an AICS 2.0 folder will lock up like FT. Knox</span>.</span>"
-
Yes nothing short of the AICS 2.0 . Will not it better for solid lock-up on locking/folding mechanism .

For the XLR . I did the Ace ( Drop-Lock ) folding mechanism that is offered & it locks-up solid with no play . Only (very minor) thing you loose is that it is a 2-hand operation for Folding Closed . Other than that It really grew on me pretty quick & I like it & it locks-up solid .

Well worth the wait! Savage SA action from the Precision Carbine/10Fcp-k with a Farrell 20moa base and IOR 1.35" 30mm rings with a Bushnell 6500T 4.5-30x50 scope. Shilen Select Match 16.7/8" barrel and AAC 18T. Have another barreled action in 308 and mags for both. Atlas V8 bipod and small 28" case for it all. Will have better pics and a RR after a few weeks...
SavageCompactCustom.jpg

PicsJune17-11011.jpg

PicsJune17-11010.jpg

HDMR or Larue OBR QD 34mm on XLR?

Anyone happen to be running either/both of these on the XLR with a Rem 700?

I plan on using a 20 MOA base and trying to get the fitment worked out. Walked through the formula, and and should work, but trying to also keep it as low as reasonable...

Thx
ZY

Re: HDMR or Larue OBR QD 34mm on XLR?

I'm running a Badger 20 MOA rail on my 700 with the XLR. Using TPS high (1.225") rings with a 50mm objective MK4, u have just over 1/8" of clearance. I used the formula on Kyle's page and it was a little shy (.96" by the formula) of the height I actually needed.

I will be using xtr low's a ferrel 20 min base and yankey hill risers for a 6500 bushnell. I think it will give me plenty of clearance.

Has anyone talked to Kyle lately? Two weeks ago he said my chassis ship would at the end of the week. Nothing since and phone call go unanswered.

The wife took the AAC-SD with the Evolution Chassis out to the match this weekend and loved it. It was threatening to thundershower the whole match, so I didn't drag the camera along. The next time we go out for a training session I am going to get some photos of her shooting it. She really loves it compared to the AI or the B&C LT on my 700. It fits her really well and she can maneuver it.

I thought I caught one of these on an AMU rifle? If that's so that's pretty cool.
I just got another chassis stock but if it doesn't work this will be next I didn't even know about them until the other day.

Has anyone shot these with 7mm-.338? If so how does it manage recoil?

16.75" 223 in the rain...
PicsJune26-11053.jpg

PicsJune26-11040.jpg

And the 20" 308 inside...
PicsJune29-11048.jpg

Both are Savage actions with the bottom Bolt release. The 308 has a 20moa rail, Bushnell 4500T 6-24x50 scope and 1.1" 30mm USoptics rings that just rub the forearm with the butler creek caps. Will need taller rings for that one.

Really like the features of this chassis. Will have to do some research and possibly try it out with my AAC-SD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I caught one of these on an AMU rifle? If that's so that's pretty cool.
I just got another chassis stock but if it doesn't work this will be next I didn't even know about them until the other day.

Has anyone shot these with 7mm-.338? If so how does it manage recoil? </div></div>

I have a XLR chassis on 700P in .338LM. The recoil is pretty noticeable. The 700P has more recoil than a DTA SRS. All things considered... the XLR chassis is the poop!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: icedragonmx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The 308 has a 20moa rail, Bushnell 4500T 6-24x50 scope and 1.1" 30mm USoptics rings that just rub the forearm with the butler creek caps. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Will need taller rings for that one.</span> </div></div>

Get some sandpaper and shave off some of the BC flip up where its kissing the barrel.....

Went to the website and was about to save the contact info and then realized that XLR industries is based right down the road from me... just made my day! Now time to support the local economy
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
700sagreen040.jpg
</div></div>

Who makes those grips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We use the Ergo Tactical grips for our chassis. They are a rubber over-mold ambidextrous grip and are available with a palm shelf.

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries </div></div>

Thanks much Sir.

Kyle,

Have you ever actually made a production Evolution chassis for a Tikka T3 yet? Mostly just curious to see what it looks like with the T3 action in it.

Thanks,
Justin

Hello Justin,

Yes, we have built the T3 chassis. Unfortunately, I did not snap any photo's of the barreled action in the chassis. I am finishing one up in the next few days that I will try and take some photo's of.

-Kyle ~ XLR

XLR, got to handle a few of your stocks with the Ergo grip at the Oregon Sniper Challenge, they fit like a glove ( i have the DPMS 308 with Ergo grip on it & your stock felt just like it ) & was suprised at how light your stocks are.

Does anyone know what torque setting is required for the forend mounting screws?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ollie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what torque setting is required for the forend mounting screws? </div></div>

45 in-lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, we have built the T3 chassis. Unfortunately, I did not snap any photo's of the barreled action in the chassis. <span style="text-decoration: underline">I am finishing one up in the next few days</span> that I will try and take some photo's of.</div></div>

Is that my Tikka chassis you are talking about?!?!
laugh.gif

A few months ago I talked to Kyle about a chassis for my Tikka T3 .308. He hadn't built one yet, so I sent my barrel & action to him to work with. Today, my new XLR Industries stock came, with the Tikka barrel & action installed. This is one great piece of equipment! The quality of workmanship is second to none. I don't have any pictures yet. I need to mount the scope, & maybe I can get home before dark tomorrow & head to the country for a little range time.
Thank You Kyle, and all of the folks at XLR for turning out such a wonderful product!

Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kansas45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few months ago I talked to Kyle about a chassis for my Tikka T3 .308. He hadn't built one yet, so I sent my barrel & action to him to work with. Today, my new XLR Industries stock came, with the Tikka barrel & action installed. This is one great piece of equipment! The quality of workmanship is second to none. I don't have any pictures yet. I need to mount the scope, & maybe I can get home before dark tomorrow & head to the country for a little range time.
Thank You Kyle, and all of the folks at XLR for turning out such a wonderful product!

Sam </div></div>

You are such a tease. Pics, pics, pics.
grin.gif

When you mount a front rail in the 12 o'clock position to the forend, does it sit on the same plane as a 20MOA scope rail?

XLR / Tikka .308 Varmint.
I need taller rings. I borrowed this mount from a friend so I could shoot the rifle today.

Rangeguns011.jpg

Rangeguns015.jpg

Rangeguns017.jpg

Rangeguns016.jpg

I am sitting at 10 weeks waiting. My UPS guy and I are on first name basis now. I'm sure the extended wait is in no small part due to the increase in popularity. And as long as the item is QUALITY, I don't mind the wait! Maybe a shout from XLR when I can stop harassing the UPS Drivers would be appreciated,

D. Gray

For those talking about taller rings, don't overlook the AI mounts, moa built in and the perfect height for these chassis's.

2wn1rop.jpg

quick question.When I load the gun , pulled back the bolt action is hitting the top of the folder mechanism , and scratched the top of it . I lowered the folding mechanism , ( on the photo shows the position before I lowered) now is fine but the folding mechanism is loose so bad, I mean doesn't matter if I will move back up, or not it is just way too loose. the end of the butt stock probably moving up and down like half inch at least . It isn't the chassis fault I guess, but do you guys have a solution for this, or do I have to buy a different folding mechanism?

IMG_0543.jpg

Sounds like you are just not tightening something right. I ran into the same issue with bolt clearance on my folde and had no problem just dropping it down a hair and tightening it back up.

The threaded adaptor the screws into the chassis has a grove/channel in the middle which allows for the hinged assembly to slide up and down in prior to tightening the two bolts. I had to remove the lower part of the ridge/lip that will then allow the grove/channel to extend fully to the exterior of the threaded adaptor. This allows the hinged assemble to be lowered an additional 1/16". Might be all you need. This allowed my bolt to retract the required amount past the hinged assemble.

Will this chassis accept aftermarket recoil lugs (on custom builds) without modification?

This has got to be one of the longest active topics I have seen. Its over a year old and consistently gets updated .......... A lot of good info in here too .....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will this chassis accept aftermarket recoil lugs (on custom builds) without modification?
</div></div>

I ask Kyle the same question and he said that it would accept oversize lugs. Just waiting for my stock to show up.

Kansas45, what rail system are you using? It looks like you have a riser then also mounted the EGW rail on there which allows you to not have to cut it. I have a EGW Rail on my Tikka, and I am going to have to cut it because it extends past the action face.

1 question for the savage guys running these.

Wondering what's the situation on the fabled savage floating rear tang and these chassis system? Did Kyle design these to float the savage tangs?