• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SJshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Kansas45, what rail system are you using? It looks like you have a riser then also mounted the EGW rail on there which allows you to not have to cut it. I have a EGW Rail on my Tikka, and I am going to have to cut it because it extends past the action face.

</div></div>

I think it's called a Ranger Rail, but I'm not really sure. I borrowed it from my gunsmith. I need to find some Hi rings in 35 mm & I couldn't wait to shoot this rifle with the new XLR Chassis. The rail is a EGW 20 MOA. I'm pretty sure that you will have to cut down just about any rail you use on this chassis. I don't think it will cause a problem though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sfgdjyyjjyg xvdx </div></div>

Troll much?

Does this chasis clamp to the front of the action only or does it also use the factory screw hole placement. Is the recoil lug under that clamp? I cant see the inside of it on the website. Did anyone switch from a Mcmillian a5 to this? How do you compare the egronomics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this chasis clamp to the front of the action only or does it also use the factory screw hole placement. Is the recoil lug under that clamp? I cant see the inside of it on the website. Did anyone switch from a Mcmillian a5 to this? How do you compare the egronomics?</div></div>

the action installs into the chassis via the factory bolts, the recoil lug is under the clamp, the clamp is there to hold on the handguard in place. It is a very comfortable stock, it is different feel from an A5 but not in a bad way, it really comes down to personal preference

HEY FELLOW SHOOTERS,
THIS IS MY FIRST CHAT FORUM TO DEAL WITH, SO Y'ALL MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE ME SOME TIME TO FIGURE THIS ALL OUT. (KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED)
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS USED LARUE'S QD SCOPE MOUNTS WITH THIS CHASSIS?? I HAVE A NF 5.5-22X50 THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE B/W TWO RIFLES(TIL I CAN AFFORD ANOTHER ONE). BOTH OF THE RIFLES ARE REM 700 W/20MOA BASE.
ALL OPINIONS ARE APPRECIATED, THANKS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Allen Hill Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HEY FELLOW SHOOTERS,
THIS IS MY FIRST CHAT FORUM TO DEAL WITH, SO Y'ALL MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE ME SOME TIME TO FIGURE THIS ALL OUT. (KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED)
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS USED LARUE'S QD SCOPE MOUNTS WITH THIS CHASSIS?? I HAVE A NF 5.5-22X50 THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE B/W TWO RIFLES(TIL I CAN AFFORD ANOTHER ONE). BOTH OF THE RIFLES ARE REM 700 W/20MOA BASE.
ALL OPINIONS ARE APPRECIATED, THANKS</div></div>

Welcome to the Hide but please read the forum rules, it will make your life as well as everyone else's easier. Especially yours!

Good luck

Great and LONG running thread! These look like amazing stocks.

Well I've finally decided to place my order.

Anyone know the best time to get ahold of Kyle via telephone? I had tried multiple times today but no luck.

I'm sure that crew is swamped with orders and calls so I understand how hectic it probably is there. Just curious what time you guys have had your best luck.

I opted not to leave any call back/contact info in effort to keep the wife in the dark.

Thats a shame I must have just missed him I called just prior to 6pm and about 6:30 as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will this chassis accept aftermarket recoil lugs (on custom builds) without modification?
</div></div>

I ask Kyle the same question and he said that it would accept oversize lugs. Just waiting for my stock to show up. </div></div>

If you are using a Tubbs .370 lug it will not fit... It will need to opened up for the lug to at least .380 and the depth of the recess will have to made deeper as well... The hand guard will have to be relieved to accommodate the changes to the recoil lug area...

I also had problems getting a Trued Short Action Remington to line up with the action screw holes...

Another thing to watch for is the screw that holds the trigger guard on is very short and only has about 3 threads holding it in place... Don't put any type of side pressure on the grip or you may rip out the screw and fuck the threads up... With an action bolted in you will be fine...

YMMV...

Hows the cheek weld/neck posistion on these things?

I talked to a buddy with one yesterday and was telling him I was planning to finally order one.

Well he brought up the point that he wasn't happy with his and told me it was uncomfortable to shoot.

I have my assumptions this had to do with his 56mm obj and the fact that he used a magpul prs instead of one of kyles inhouse stocks. It just doesnt look like it would provide the same adjustment as one of the XLR stocks.

Any feedback from you guys running these things would be greatly appreciated.

CL,

I am on my 5th XLR. After using the XLR buttstock, I will probably never shoot anything else. It has so much adjustment in it, it will fit anyone. And I run have a 56mm objective. This is the first stock I have ever been behind that I could get a really good cheek weld with. There are a lot of guys using the XLR cheekrest on their conventional style stocks now too, because it works so well. I have owned most other brands in the past and I am not going back. If you are going to run an XLR, I highly recommend their buttstock. Kyle has also been excellent about helping me make weird things fit (huge recoil lugs, less than true actions, etc). The only bad thing about an XLR is that they are getting so popular, that the lead time is longer than the few days or weeks I was spoiled with a year ago
grin.gif
. But their turn around time is still a lot faster than most of the custom gun / accessory builders.

There seems to be a few guys who weren't as happy as I am. In every single case I have seen, it has been due to a non-XLR part being used on the chassis (magpul buttstock, brand x folding mechanism, etc). In my opinion, the chassis is a complete unit, and if I start to use other pieces, it loses some of the features I love.

Oh and if you can afford it, get an LRA bi-pod. The XLR chassis, with their buttstock, and an LRA bi-pod is by far the most stable and reliable platform I have handled.

Just my .02 cents.
-Chris

Finally got a hold of Kyle today and placed my order. Estimated lead time of 10weeks. SO if you've been considering one nows the time because I have a feeling its just going to keep growing.

Caveman I took a look at that LRA bipod you mentioned and that is deffinately one nice setup. The 450$ price tag is a little discouraging though.. Quick question, are those LRA SC2s only available though LRA or can you order them from XLR as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caveman I took a look at that LRA bipod you mentioned and that is deffinately one nice setup. The 450$ price tag is a little discouraging though.. Quick question, are those LRA SC2s only available though LRA or can you order them from XLR as well? </div></div>

I got mine from XLR.

Glad to hear you got your chassis ordered. Once you have it, you will never want to shoot anything else.

-Chris

Got my chassis for my tikka t3 today!!! I have to say I am absolutely amazed, even after seeing all the pics on this thread. Pics alone can't do this stock justice. My tikka barreled action fit in perfectly, without any movement whatsoever. Easy to assemble, and looks incredible. I will definitely be buying more of these, as they are well worth the money and the wait.

Also, Kyle's customer service is one of a kind. My stock was finished last week and Kyle was so intent on getting it to me this week that he took it upon himself to over-night it so that I could have it today. Not only did he do that, but he also called me a couple hours ago to ensure that I received the stock and to tell me that the mag sent with my chassis was the first run and was too rough to be acceptable to his standards. So he will be sending me a cleanly modified one at his expense!!!

I cannot say enough to describe how impressed I am with the chassis and his customer service. He surely has my business in the future and I will be recommending his product to everyone I know.

Just one more happy XLR customer,
Shiloh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MG, Yes, a new trigger guard is included with the chassis.

TRG-42
TRG42004_crop.jpg

Yes, I am referring to the AICS CIP 338 LM mags

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries</div></div>

Who's TRG42 is that? Curious as to which Scope mount they used. Wondering if a 44.4 MOA TRG Spuhr mount would get over the block behind the float tube with a S&B 5-25 or if a pic rail and Picatinny Spuhr mount would be required for clearance.

Here's my Savage 110BA in a XLR chassis, I think it looks better than the stock chassis. Told Kyle it was a work of art and I was going to sleep with the night I got it, so I did. I don't get out much.
IMG_0633.jpg

Hey guys,

So I've had my XLR Chassis for a little over a year. Back when the wait time was only two weeks
wink.gif

I'm still in love with my stock, the only downside is of my own fault, I chose to use an ATI stock on the rear with a riser to save a few bucks, bad decision later on, but hindsight is 20/20.

Anyways, because I have grown to dislike the current stock I'm looking at replacements. Currently, its between three or four options, but one has been eluding me in terms of seeing a complete package. So I reach out to my fellow XLR brethren to help me out.

Anyone have a Magpul ACS stock they can throw their rifle and snap a quick picture of? Its either between that, a normal XLR stock, Magpul PRS, or some yet to be determined AR stock.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. If it helps any, budget is right around $100. Ill throw up some pics that shows that the rifle and finish are still holding up strong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apache</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

So I've had my XLR Chassis for a little over a year. Back when the wait time was only two weeks
wink.gif

I'm still in love with my stock, the only downside is of my own fault, I chose to use an ATI stock on the rear with a riser to save a few bucks, bad decision later on, but hindsight is 20/20.

Anyways, because I have grown to dislike the current stock I'm looking at replacements. Currently, its between three or four options, but one has been eluding me in terms of seeing a complete package. So I reach out to my fellow XLR brethren to help me out.

Anyone have a Magpul ACS stock they can throw their rifle and snap a quick picture of? Its either between that, a normal XLR stock, Magpul PRS, or some yet to be determined AR stock.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. If it helps any, budget is right around $100. Ill throw up some pics that shows that the rifle and finish are still holding up strong. </div></div>

I don't own an XLR, though I do have one on order, the consensus seems to be that the stanard XLR buttstock is a win because of it's infinite adjustment and comfort once tailored to the shooter. Something even a PRS cannot offer.

Kyle must have had a lot of people request the Redstone in the darker, more bronze color because he said they're going to (if they haven't already) change the factory offered Redstone to this color or something like it. How do I know? I was one of those guys haha.

Props to Kyle for being great on the phone. I was going to give him my options list but he was a step ahead of me, walking me through everything he offers. It sounds insignificant but we were able to get the order 100% GTG the first time around and we got through the whole order in less than 10 minutes (which means more time making our stuff haha)

So far, an excellent experience. I don't think I'll be needing much customer service, but if I do, I won't have to worry about getting dicked around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hows the cheek weld/neck posistion on these things?

I talked to a buddy with one yesterday and was telling him I was planning to finally order one.

Well he brought up the point that he wasn't happy with his and told me it was uncomfortable to shoot.

I have my assumptions this had to do with his 56mm obj and the fact that he used a magpul prs instead of one of kyles inhouse stocks. It just doesnt look like it would provide the same adjustment as one of the XLR stocks.

Any feedback from you guys running these things would be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

I am now running very tall 1.57" rings to allow for a forward mount NV and the stock allows for lots more travel yet. A very good cheek rest with the XLR standard stock. Aftermarket stocks won't compare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apache</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

wink.gif

Any help on this would be much appreciated. If it helps any, budget is right around $100. Ill throw up some pics that shows that the rifle and finish are still holding up strong. </div></div>

Apache,

Go with the XLR buttstock. If you don't, a year from now you will be wishing you had. My chassis, with the XLR buttstock, is the only rifle I have ever been behind, where I truly felt comfortable. I used to always run super low rings, in an attempt to get a good cheek weld. Even with my riser on my McMillan all the way up, I could not get the geometry right. With the XLR buttstock it is a total non issue. I can run whatever rings happen to be laying around because the buttstock has so much adjustment in it. Plus, the XLR buttstock looks sweet
cool.gif

Let us know what you decide,
-Chris

I gave up... That ACE folding mechanism is a crap, I got messages from others in this forum with a same problem, so looks like I'm not alone with this... It is loose and the whole butt stock is wobble . I don't know what to do I think it is a bad design. I will ask Kyle if I can return to Ace , or can get a different type, because I need a folding stock. Doesn't fit in my trunk if it is open. But this is useless , it isn't suppose to move like this. The lower side wobbling because the pin inside a spring has a movement. I hate it!

Apache- I used a magpul CTR stock with my XLR. Lets me make it more compact and adjust eye relief easily. Plus I used a 3/4 inch riser and my check weld couldn't be better. I love my chassis.
Also, Larue Tactical sells an attachment for the CTR that let's you use a monopod if you even wanted to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gave up... That ACE folding mechanism is a crap, I got messages from others in this forum with a same problem, so looks like I'm not alone with this... It is loose and the whole butt stock is wobble . I don't know what to do I think it is a bad design. I will ask Kyle if I can return to Ace , or can get a different type, because I need a folding stock. Doesn't fit in my trunk if it is open. But this is useless , it isn't suppose to move like this. The lower side wobbling because the pin inside a spring has a movement. I hate it! </div></div>

How common of an issue is this? Is there any play when unfolded and locked in or is it just when you fold it? I ordered the ACE hardware so hopefully Kyle can chime in with a simple fix or explanation? Hell, I thought my Atlas was defective at first, then I realized the play is what makes it an Atlas #swearimnotretarded

Yest it is a play in unfolded position. Others suggested earlier just take it off and get a fixed butt stock because they had a same problem I don't get it how Ace can sell something like this.

my ACE drop-lock hinged Folder on the XLR is solid as a rock .

Thank you Chris!
Softcock, do you have a push button type? Because mine doesn't have to do anything how tight is it. It is the design. When is unfold it is wobble.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my ACE drop-lock hinged Folder on the XLR is solid as a rock .
. </div></div>

Is that the ACE mechanism that it ships with or did you replace it with another unit? Are they tension adjustable in some way?

I have a push button ace. There is a small screw in the stock side of the hinge surface (top outside corner if folded left). If you back it out it will push against the other hinge surface when locked and take out play. I have mine set very tight and there is no wobble. It takes T handled allen wrench (or similar tool) and a good slap of my hand to lock or unlock it, but that is fine with me.

Talked with Kyle today, and as usual he will fix the problem. I will send it back tomorrow, and he will give me an other one. So I hope a problem solved. If I understand correctly he will send me a bit different model.I had a the ACE mechanism that it ships with the chassis.

Considering the F Class competition and this XLR chassis in Remington 308 and Sako quad. If Kyle ever makes a chassis for the Ruger 1022 we're all in trouble cause he'll be too busy to keep up with the orders.

So just for clarification, does the chassis ship with the push button or drop lock ace?

Sorry for the few days of no response on your previous Post .
I made an order last winter when I ordered mine. Ace models of push-button & Drop-lock hinging set-ups were listed on his web-site . I had never put my hands on a Drop-lock hinged before but Kyle suggested it when I was drilling him with pre-purchase questions . I was also just coming-off a AICS 2.0 & so I was asking for a 'solid lockup' for a Hinge on the Chassis .

No adjustment & non is needed on the drop-lock hinge . It is very simple in design but strong & very efficient . Drop-lock hinge took a few throw-downs of shooting sessions to start growing on me but now I like it like a Horny Step-Sister .

Thougt I'd give a few thoughts on my new XLR chassis for my Savage FLCP-K in .308. I will be leaving today for a week long shooting trip and will give a more detailed review when I return. I will have spotty Web service over the next week, so if there are questions Ill try to answer when I can.
First, Kyle was great to work with. It is very refreshing to do business with someone who places such a high priority on customer service. Top notch in all aspects!
Installation was a breeze with the supplied directions. Total time for installation including unpacking, 15 minutes. No gunsmith, no bedding, no nothing, just a rock solid, metal to metal contact between action and chassis. It seemed too easy. I went with the Tactical butstock and had no problem getting the adjustments just right for me. The rifle feels rock solid and the 10 round AI mag fits great and is so much easier to insert and remove than the Savage supplied 5 rounder. Feeding the rifle feels like im inserting a warm stick of butter into the chamber. With the rifle in the chassis, the fit and finish is super tight and blemish free, did I mention, the chassis came to me without a single cosmetic flaw?
FYI I am using a Ken Ferrell 20 MOA base and Leupold Mark 4 high rings. With a Leupold mark 4 6.5-20 50mm obj. scope, I have 3mm or 1/8 in. of clearance to the top of the chassis handguard without any scope covers.
Sighting in at the range yesterday went without incident, once I was zeroed, it held zero for the 25 round session. Midway through I re-checked torque values on all chasis bolts and found no issues. 100 yd accuracy is equal to, or better than the accustock the rifle came with so far.
I will need to find something to add friction to the bottom of the buttstock as the aluminum is slippery and my rear bag wanted to slide out shot to shot...easy fix.
The nature of the chassis system is that it is more "angular" than a traditional stock, I found myself not completly comfortable yet when handling the rifle, Im sure that will work itself out with time behind the rifle. I am very pleased overall with this chassis, It is a great option for a lefty shooter as our options can be limited. I believe the chassis concept which is to say, machined metal as opposed to other synthetic material with bedding is the next step in rifle evolution, just look at the XM2010, and Kyle has a great product!
I will give a field report when I get back next week, or sooner depending on internet access.

So no one has an ACS stock they can throw on really quickly to snap a picture of?

Kyle, have you done one of these for APA's action? Also any chance yet of getting a fte color?

I did my time on the waiting list for an XLR chasis and I have to say it is one of the best gun upgrade decisions I have made. The chief reason is Kyle. His customer service is beyond compare. He kept me a breast of the status of my order, he even called the day it was complete. He moved heaven and earth getting it to me because I had a Military PCS right before it was complete. He called me with a shipping update and 20 minutes later, it was at my door. I will post more about the assembly, ergonomics, and range report at a later date. I wanted to get this posted and maybe help a few of the customers on the fence come over to the XLR side. I can qualify one statement, I have a background in aquisitions, equipment, and weapon testing and I have to give this chasis 5 Stars. Out of the box the ruggedness of the entire system is apparent. That will pay off on Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM Data) which is a testing metric. Go with XLR you will not be disappointed.

Now if Kyle starts to offer more tactical colors and coatings, we might see year long wait lists!!!

Send IT!
texasvmi
Team NTRP Shooter #26

RIP Snipershide Member "CookHJ" Chief Warrant Officer 2 Howard Cook III, Aviation, United States Army

Will a .308 Savage Edge action drop in one of these?

I had a chance to take the XLR chassis out for the first time a few days last week and get aquainted with it.
The people I was shooting with had no idea I had broken the accustock for my 10 FLCP-K recently and had purchased the XLR chassis. When I brought it out for the first time...They were floored how it had transformed the rifle.The XLR is all kinds of cool!
I was in the CA high desert and it was rough/rocky terrain and very hot. I am new to shooting with a 10 round Detachable mag, and found when I was shooting in rough terrain with varied elevation, the rifle rested on the Mag at times, I will have to get a 5 rounder to allow the rifle to rest on the bipod and rear bag when in this situation. Although it was 95F + the Aluminum chassis never became too hot to handle. After the initial 20 rounds I re-checked the torque values and found two bolts in the forend that needed to be re-torqued ever so slightly. Perhaps it was due to the Fat wrench not being reset to the EXACT torque value as I had used at home on inital assembly. No change in POI was noted and no re-torque was needed after 100+ rounds.
I had previously only been able to shoot out to 540 yards with the rifle, and this trip I was only able to shoot out to 400 yards. I can say, however, the rifle is just as accurate now as when the accustock was fitted. I was not gentle with the rifle. It was carried in a voodoo Tac drag bag/mat combo all week and bounced around in the bed of a truck over washboard roads. It was carried as a backpack and set up and packed away multiple times as well as knocked over once. The rifle held MOA all week. The aluminum chassis did get some "beauty marks" on account of the rocky terrain, and it coud be said that it is more prone to nicks and scratches than a synthetic stock. No big deal though. It'll look better with some "character". The mag functioned flawlessly. I love the chassis and can recommend it with out reservation. I cant wait to shoot it more.