• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

I just sent an email to Kyle regarding ordering a chassis. Now the wait begins and the anticipation mounts.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sulcop96</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RobG, my wife is a shooter, soldier, vet and makes things for my team like rear bags and stock packs. She looked over the bench rest on Kyle's site and is sure she can come up with something to fit over that will provide that little bit of cushion but still be small, light weight and not interfere with shooting standing. I may see if Kyle can get me one right away and have her make the cover. Seance I still have an eight week wait if you want to T&E it as I wait I can send it to you? Just PM me.

Sully </div></div>

Hey, just saw this. Thanks for the offer. I actually got mine yesterday. Its a nice piece, a bit on the heavy side but, its really made for bench guns not what I plan to use it for. I am going to try running it at the back end of the tube so it shouldn't weigh down the front end too much.

When your wife comes up with something I'd like to see some pics.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
However, I feel that the tubular hand guard offers more benefits than the cost of the added ring height. The tubular design of the hand guard is light weight and strong. This allows most of the weight of the chassis to be at the back which better offsets barrel weight. You will also notice that the tubular hand guard allows the mounting location for the bipod to be significantly closer to the bore centerline. Both of these factors greatly add to the stability of the rifle and aid the shooter in better controlling the rifle. And of course there are the obvious benefits of modularity that the hand guard affords.
</div></div>

Having moved from a traditional stock to the XLR, I 100% agree with Kyle's statements about the benefits of the tubular hand guard (at least for 'tactical' style match type shooting) as compared to the traditional style stock below the bore. I'm personally never going back to anything without a tubular hand guard for this kind of shooting.

I was initially concerned about the extra bore offset (to the point that I was initially asking Kyle about the possibility of hacking sections out of the top of the handguard to permit less offset), but have found the offset thing to be a complete non-factor in terms of practical effectiveness or extra effort/time/brainpower required to make shots out to 1200+ yards.

Kyle i want to thank you again for being so easy to deal with especially while i was deployed.. GREAT PERSON TO DEAL WITH. I love the quality of the chassis too

CC105957-30B2-4729-B95E-9F3E4B09CBBD-162-0000000495999DB5_zps273c0cf4.jpg

D8F0B9DF-52E2-4BD5-85FE-FC665F031A09-162-000000044AD746EA_zps3f134680.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nutzkicker617</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka T3 Varmint

DSC_3622.jpg

DSC_3616.jpg

DSC_3614.jpg

DSC_3587.jpg
</div></div>

And this is why I should log on more often... this is quite nice!

A gratuitous picture for you guys waiting. I was lucky enough that Kyle had a blemish anodized Surgeon inlet chassis in red stone on hand a while back. Some krylon fixed that right up. Rifle is a GAP built Surgeon 591 308 with 20" Bartlein 1/11.

1001469crop.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrickPony29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A gratuitous picture for you guys waiting. I was lucky enough that Kyle had a blemish anodized Surgeon inlet chassis in red stone on hand a while back. Some krylon fixed that right up. Rifle is a GAP built Surgeon 591 308 with 20" Bartlein 1/11.

1001469crop.jpg
</div></div>

What bipod is that? I like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrickPony29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A gratuitous picture for you guys waiting. I was lucky enough that Kyle had a blemish anodized Surgeon inlet chassis in red stone on hand a while back. Some krylon fixed that right up. Rifle is a GAP built Surgeon 591 308 with 20" Bartlein 1/11.

1001469crop.jpg
</div></div>

Awesome. What is the weight on your setup, as pictured?

Just got mine last week ~ Have to thank Kyle again for his excellent communication and quality work.

I have a question for you guys w/the folders ~ How do you stop the screw on the side-stock from love-tapping the body?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProtocolX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrickPony29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A gratuitous picture for you guys waiting. I was lucky enough that Kyle had a blemish anodized Surgeon inlet chassis in red stone on hand a while back. Some krylon fixed that right up. Rifle is a GAP built Surgeon 591 308 with 20" Bartlein 1/11.

1001469crop.jpg
</div></div>

Awesome. What is the weight on your setup, as pictured? </div></div>

I weighed it a while back, but do not recall. I am away right now or I would weigh it for you. I haven't had much time to shoot or reload and won't for a while to come so it might be for sale soon
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProtocolX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nutzkicker617</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka T3 Varmint

DSC_3622.jpg

DSC_3616.jpg

DSC_3614.jpg

DSC_3587.jpg
</div></div>

And this is why I should log on more often... this is quite nice! </div></div>

+1!! What butt and rail option? Is this from XLR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bear_blade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
+1!! What butt and rail option? Is this from XLR? </div></div>

I'm not him, but looks like the stock is a Magpul PRS -- the folding mechanism used on the chassis is the one from ACE, so you can screw AR buffer tubes into them and use AR stocks (may have taken some work to 'time' the buffer tube to line up the stock correctly). Honestly though, I'm not sure why you'd want to use a PRS other than for 'looks' -- it's more expensive and less versatile than the XLR stock options (no offense nutzkicker).

The handguard is the normal XLR handguard with the full length rail sections (available on the XLR site), and with rail panel covers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess no one is running a 30?</div></div>

I can't say for sure, but I'll bet quacktastic's blue .223 on page 26 has a 30" barrel (based on the barrel length with relation to the handguard, and comparing to my 26" barreled XLR).

I don't know what gen ACE folder I have but I think it's the newest one because I got my XLR late last year but is it supposed to lock in the folded position?

Just popped for a XLR carbon so ill have pics up in about 2 months.

Kyle was great to deal with thank you for the help Kyle.

I just wanna say, I LOVE my XLR chassis. I have had it about 6 months and I pulled it back out of the safe and tore it down because I was thinking about skim glass bedding it. I obviously had forgotten how precise the machine work was. Its an absolutely perfect press fit as-is. Skimming would be wasting time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess no one is running a 30? </div></div>

Does a 29.X" from barrel nut to muzzle brake count? This is my Savage 300WM with Criterion barrel. Machine work was done by Phoenix Custom Rifles.

2ihxg82.jpg

6fqlx0.jpg

2qi4m7p.jpg

Sorry for the shameless "For Sale" plug.

Can anyone tell me what size pelican case a folder with a 20" barrel will fit in? I'm waiting on my stock from Kyle right now and want to get a case before the stocks delivered.

WooHoo!!!

Just got the call from Kyle yesterday (3 weeks early!!!) that my chassis is ready to ship (actually shipped last night and will be here next Monday). Unfortunately still working on my barreled action since I thought I had 3 weeks to go. I'll have some pics up in a few weeks once everything is put together. Going to cerakote parts of it in Corvette Yellow (in similar fashion to quacktastic's: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=54431&p=2093639&viewfull=1#post2093639). Not very tactical in Corvette Yellow, but I want it to be unique.

Specs:
Savage 4.4 Short Action (accutrigger, replacing bolt body with PTG fluted (cerakoted in Satin Aluminum) and bolt head with PTG Precision Milled 308, bolt handle is going to Phoenix Custom Rifles for a Phoenix Bolt Knob)
CBI 26" 1/8 Twist 260 Rem (varmint profile - barreled action will be cerakoted in Graphite Black...target crown for now, but will eventually install a fat bastard)
Vortex PST 6-24x50 MIL/MIL FFP sitting in Vortex Precision Matched Rings (30mm High)

WooHoo!!!

Just got the call from Kyle yesterday (3 weeks early!!!) that my chassis is ready to ship (actually shipped last night and will be here next Monday). Unfortunately still working on my barreled action since I thought I had 3 weeks to go. I'll have some pics up in a few weeks once everything is put together. Going to cerakote parts of it in Corvette Yellow (in similar fashion to quacktastic's: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=54431&p=2093639&viewfull=1#post2093639). Not very tactical in Corvette Yellow, but I want it to be unique.

Specs:
Savage 4.4 Short Action (accutrigger, replacing bolt body with PTG fluted (cerakoted in Satin Aluminum) and bolt head with PTG Precision Milled 308, bolt handle is going to Phoenix Custom Rifles for a Phoenix Bolt Knob)
CBI 26" 1/8 Twist 260 Rem (varmint profile - barreled action will be cerakoted in Graphite Black...target crown for now, but will eventually install a fat bastard)
Vortex PST 6-24x50 MIL/MIL FFP sitting in Vortex Precision Matched Rings (30mm High)

OOOHHH maybe mine will be 3wks early too : P

I am getting ready to place my order to. I cant wait.

Does anyone know what colors if any to choose from?

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Kyle, mine is ordered. Time to wait.

Last edited:
I got out and took some pictures of my 338 today. Enjoy!

Rifle Specs:

338 Norma Mag ~ Badger M2008-L receiver ~ XLR Extreme Evolution HD chassis ~ 28" Benchmark barrel ~ Dagley brake ~ Vortex Razor HD scope ~ Spuhr 35mm Mount ~ Murphy custom 60MOA base ~ Timmney trigger ~ LRA SC-II Bipod

338norma073_crop_zpsa7b0ab4d.jpg

338NORMA079_crop_zpscd39742a.jpg

338NORMA087_crop_zpsbc1ce154.jpg

338norma091_crop_zpsbd513336.jpg

After several years, I'm sorry to say, and I loathe my decision to this day, I had to sell my rifle.

This chassis was the final step in my rifle's evolution (no pun intended), but due to some unforeseen and untimely circumstances, I had to sell it. I'm now out of the rifle game until my situation changes, but you can trust that through Kyle (XLR)'s impeccable service and craftsmanship, his product gave me the ability to be a better shooter, learn the fundamentals and engage my targets accurately and reliably without the common excuse of equipment error. I will in the future come back to XLR as they have provided me with nothing but far above the industry standard of service and reliability.

What made it worse was as I'm selling my rifle in a PPT, everyone in the shop was oogling my rifle asking details and why I was selling it, insult to injury if you ask me.

Thanks again Kyle for everything over the last few years, I'll be sure to do business with you again and keep promoting your product here in Northern California.

-Will

My names Jeremiah and I'm a newbie. I wanted to say that I am waiting for my XLR Evolution chassis that I ordered February 5th and I am also dying in anticipation. I ordered mine for my Remington 700 SPS Tactical. My barrel is 26 inches in length instead of the standard 20 inch barrel so I can't wait to see how my rifle turns out. :)

Rob G, I am still getting the bench rest plate for mine and I am waiting for a sniper skid plate A3 size as this will fit almost perfectly over the bench rest plate. Just attach the velcro and "poof" there it is. I will have to check the weight as well but for call outs and such my normal stalking distance in measured in feet not yards so the extra weight is not a big deal. My tripod cradle is also wide enough for the plate and will create a better fit and allow me to adjust up to a standing level as well. Being 5'5" has its advantages sometimes. Anyway, I abandon my wife's efforts when I reviewed the sizes of the A3 to the plate and found it was almost a perfect match (around 1/4" over on each side of the skid plate)

Sully

finally ordered mine yesterday.... about to get my 700 back from Mark at accurate ordinance....brand new bartlein and nxs 8-32x56.....the problem you ask???? stuck on "army happy time" till july and will not be able to use it untill then

Sully, thanks for the info. I have the plate mounted up but have yet to use it as intended. I did some shooting off my pack and it definitely helped in keeping the gun from rotating. Where'd you pick up the skid plate?

Rob G, mine is borrowed from another sniper on the team and he got if from Brownells a ways back. Mine is on order from Steve at Traid but they are not in yet. You can go on his site and request email notification when they ship out. I am hoping to have my Howa XLR and the skid pad all in at the same time so I can post photos once I have it all. I can grab my buddies and shoot you some photos of the A3 if you like? He uses his on his Manners GAT stock and it attaches from the bottom.

Sully

Kyle, who did the ATACS for you? It appears a bit darker then the other ATACS patterns and more in line with what would work in my AO.

Sully

There was some mentioning about a chassis for the Ruger MKII on page 2 or 3 and a question about the possibility of running the chassis with Ruger poly mags at about page 11.

Did this chassis ever get of the ground and have anyone tried the Ruger Poly`s ?

Enquiring mind would like to know. :)

Sully, Northwest Hydro-print did my ATACS. I sent in the chassis with the black anodized finish as a base.

Comber, We unfortunately do not inlet for the Ruger M77 due to several reasons. I have also not tried a Ruger polymer magazine to see if they work.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Excellent now i found who is going to do my xlr chassis.
Kyle have you had a carbon xlr dipped yet?

Nice, i think thats what i am going to do with mine, except i may leave the carbon HG.