• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

YHM Model 57 thoughts

M198gunner

LtCol
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
CONUS Southeast
I am looking to pick up another AR for the wife and she like the looks of this one but at around $2000 want to ensure it is worth the money. Found one for $1750 so that is not as bad. I have not used any YHM products to date. I know that some of worth is in the eye of the buyer but still. Have not seen many reviews on it for accuracy, fit and function outside the magazine articles introducing it.

Looking for actual shooters or those who have handled its reviews or other YHM rifles. Wanting something that is lighter overall, but would like to get one she likes.

When I finally get back from overseas and settled I plan to start building my own but can you really have to many rifles?

Thanks in advance Gunner

That price tag seems extremely high for what it is. I grabbed the stripped upper for $140 from Primary Arms and used a lower I already had SBRed for an 11.5" Noveske switchblock build. I bought it purely based on the unique aesthetics and hoped it'd be a tad lighter than other uppers - which it isn't - but it's worked out fine. It fits pretty loose on every lower I have and doesn't seem to like the PWS Enhanced DI carrier, but other than that it's proven to be just as accurate for me than anything else. The main issues I would have are two fold. One is the price and the other is the lower. Outside of, once again, an aesthetically unique lower design the YHM doesn't do anything others will. In the case of the lower it offers less than what you'd expect in a rifle at that price (no ambi controls, tensioning or over travel adjustment capability, etc). I'd go with a Seekins receiver set 100% of the time over the YHM. Just my 2¢ based off of the value I perceive from my build.

Last edited:
If you want to drop that kind of coin, get a M&P VTAC II. I know little about YHM, but I love my VTAC.

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

Thanks All,

I did not realize for the money it did not have the ambi controls, tensioning or over travel adjustment capability which I would now consider to be common. With that it does seem overpriced a bit.

Will have to have a talk and maybe just build one for her. For that kind of money it should fit tight to lowers and if not have the tensioning to do so.

I will admit, I do like the look of the barrel, just my two cents.

Thanks again, Gunner