• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM R9 or REX MG7 K

Grasshopper308

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2012
Have it (I think) narrowed down to these 2 cans. Mainly will be living on a PSA AKV 9mm PCC. Until I can source threaded barrels for my pistols. I don't have any threaded pistol barrels in the armory.

Which one and why? Price wise are very close, $100 bill more for the REX.

Also, will be using some sort of quick detach. Looking at either tri lug or micro keymo / other options.

Thanks for all your opinions in advance.

Rex silentium...cause they look cooler and no barrel restrictions and better warranty...and cause I have one in jail.

I've got an R9 in jail.I bought it based on my experience with the resonator ii 30 cal can from YHM. If it performs as well on 9mm as the 30 cal can does on 223rem, I will be very happy.

Rex builds nice cans. I will have one in my collection someday...Probably a Mod-X .30 caliber can.

A few other good options are the Rugged Obsidian 9 and Dead Air Wolfman. Both are modular, and you can run them in short or long configuration.

Otter Creek Labs has a new ultralight 9mm PCC can coming out. Not sure when, but maybe @AndrewKing can give you some more info on the can specs and ETA.

TBAC also has their new Fly9 ultra light 9mm PCC can in testing now.

I love the Rex cans. They are sweet cans already and when you factor the price they are even better. But the YHM9 is a sweet can too. If you can find one in stock for $100 less, I'd snag it and get the wait started.

I have not tried any of the YHM cans, but I've had a .358 MG7 for almost 2 years now, and I have a MGX 4 baffle .224 can in jail. They're pretty awesome cans. They look fantastic with the raw finish and the wider 1.7" body. They're cut to the 1.375x24 standard so they take basically any mount system. I run the Griffin Plan A on mine, which keeps them light weight and shorter with the minimalist muzzle devices.

I run it on an AR and my .357mag lever gun. Even with the .358" bore, its noticeably quieter than my SOCOM RC1, and its hollywood quiet on my lever gun with .38spl sub loads.

I have an R9, bought it as an AR9/sub gun can. It is fantastic in the role, used on 5" and 10.5" barrel 9mm hosts, future .357 lever gun fun, and occasional but rare pistol use, and for the weight and length, I think it is excellent. I wanted a 1.5" can, for my use.

I didnt care at all about barrel length on other guns - they would be tertiary use at best on anything not a 9mm. Specifically other cans for .300blk or any rifle cartridge.

I am very happy with the decision, and would do it again for the same purpose. If other things took priority, I would look elsewhere, and specifically the R9 was not my first pistol can.