• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You can all just stop saying 'soft shell' taco

oh, lorde...europeans at it again :ROFLMAO:

"Conversely, the origin of the flour tortilla is a little more complicated. According to food historian Melissa Guerra, the Spanish colonizers refused to eat corn as they deemed it unfit for human consumption upon their arrival in Mexico. Once flour tortillas became available, the Spanish catholics tended to prefer the new flour tortillas due to wheat's association with the body of Christ. Then, as Jewish immigrants fled the Iberian Peninsula during the Spanish Inquisition, many settled in Northern Mexico, including what is now Texas. Since corn was not kosher, Guerra believes that the Jews then started making flour tortillas, which continue today to be the tortillas of choice in the region."

Really?

Opera Snapshot_2021-10-20_045544_www.themeparkreview.com.png

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642
@TheGerman You're going to need to fly down to Mexico City and inform the vendors that what they are selling on the street are, in fact, not street tacos...

• Love
Reactions: Dirty D
Have we covered fish tacos? Sorry I didn’t read the whole thing lately, but I’ve never been inclined to eat a fish burrito so it’s a taco by default. Happens to have a soft shell as well 🤔

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Have we covered fish tacos? Sorry I didn’t read the whole thing lately, but I’ve never been inclined to eat a fish burrito so it’s a taco by default. Happens to have a soft shell as well 🤔
Sounds like some why peepole bullshit, but surprisingly they eat them in Mexico

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
I think the Germanic dude is all cornfuzzled and shit.
The difference he seems to be missing is the old time corn vs. flour tortilla debate.
All true Mexican tacos use corn tortillas.
The shit you get at TGIF, Qdobo, or Chipotle is usually flour tortillas.
You will never see a hard fried corn tortilla in Mexico unless it is called a tostada.
You get that hard fry with ceviche, not taco meat.
Do I really need to whip out my degree in culinary arts (large dick) and beat you around the head and shoulders with it ?

• Haha
Reactions: Dirty D
I love homemade corn tortillas the package stuff is bullshit, but homemade flour are good as shit too. Just depends on my mood.

Even better than a homemade corn tortilla is a pupusa, though not eaten the same. Though I’ve made “tacos” using a pupusa as the tortilla 🤤
It’s good as shit I tell you hwut

Last edited:
I love homemade corn tortillas the package stuff is bullshit, but homemade flour are good as shit too. Just depends on my mood.

Even better than a homemade corn tortilla is a pupusa, though not eaten the same.
I am able to get fresh pupusa. They used to serve them in my kids school. The ladies would come in and make them fresh every Thursday and parents were invited. They still have the small restaurant I can goto since my kids moved onto a different school

I’m just going to go ahead and throw a wrench into this thread.

Ladies….
THIS is a taco

C8750E5A-65B2-4B9E-B59F-9DF99598D596.jpeg

real tacos have soft corn tortillas.

Being born and raised in California makes me an expert on Mexican food.

/close thread.

Attachments

• 20200823_133344-2.jpg
    20200823_133344-2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
real tacos have soft corn tortillas.

Being born and raised in California makes me an expert on Mexican food.

/close thread.
I grew up around so many Mexicans they sprinkled tequila on me and claimed I was an honorary Mexican.

I don’t see lime slices, pickled onions, or salsa of any kind. Also the meat looks kinda dry, fail.

Barbacoa tacos are life.

Reactions: zeroz
I grew up around so many Mexicans they sprinkled tequila on me and claimed I was an honorary Mexican.

I don’t see lime slices, pickled onions, or salsa of any kind fail.
stock google pic, you forgot radish slices and grilled peppers also.

Reactions: akmike47
stock google pic, you forgot radish slices also.
You don’t really see that here, I can only assume it’s a western Mexico thing but I could be wrong.

Usually add a slice of aquacate and some green sauce tht light your ass up too just because it’s good as shit.

just to add to the state of confusion

He’s a Canadian in California, fuck his thoughts lol. He does make some decent shit though and can be entertaining. More cooking shows need copious amounts of F-bombs

Reactions: Inifinty
Had tacos yesterday. Old el paso shells, old el paso refried beans, ... It was traditional old el paso mexican, except the salsa. Poured some fresh arbol salsa over it. It was made in atlanta, so probably salvadorian.

The salsa I was 'treated' to while in Mexico City, as well as in Cancun and Progresso was thin, watery, and bland. While I will accept "Yeah, but you were in a tourist resort" for the stay in Cancun, this was not the case in Progresso or MC.

The salsa I was 'treated' to while in Mexico City, as well as in Cancun and Progresso was thin, watery, and bland. While I will accept "Yeah, but you were in a tourist resort" for the stay in Cancun, this was not the case in Progresso or MC.
Progresso and MC are also tourist city’s. Cruise ships drop off thousands of people in progresso.

Progresso and MC are also tourist city’s. Cruise ships drop off thousands of people in progresso.
Absolutely, however, the place in Progresso where we ate was definitely NOT on a tourist map...

As for MC, I was there on business and being ferried around by the locals I was working with- and eating at their local haunts.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Absolutely, however, the place in Progresso where we ate was definitely NOT on a tourist map...

As for MC, I was there on business and being ferried around by the locals I was working with- and eating at their local haunts.
When multiple ships are in port it’s gets found, the place isnt that big.

People eat shit food and like it that live here too