• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You can all just stop saying 'soft shell' taco

Because if it has a soft shell, its a fucking burrito.

Enough of this transgendering food bullshit; if it has a hard crunchy shell, its a fucking taco. If its wrapped in something soft, its a fucking burrito. End of story.

Taco 'filler' in a soft wrap? Burrito. Just stop.

Fight me.

/letsgoBrandon

Amen!!!

And another thing. Beef goes inside both. NOT shrimp, not fish, not chicken. It's BEEF!

Reactions: EddieNFL
I bet I could beat the Germans coffee skills, but I agree with your the taco comment. None the less if I'm not concerned about food poisoning and getting robbed are the tacos worth eating?
I’ve eaten tacos all along the west coast and only the shat at Taco Bell got me sick.
I can’t say I have ever been afraid of the neighborhoods either.
The scariest thing at a proper mexican food place is the white peoples!

What is it if it has a hard shell folded into a soft shell to catch the crunchy bits?
Is there an Alternative taco? I had to find out. Tofu? o_O

tofu.jpg

You spread refried beans on the flour tortilla and then wrap it around the fried hard corn shell.

It's called a Double Decker and taco bell invented it 30 years ago.

The places I frequent simply ask, "corn or flour?"

(Corn is always asked first)

In fact, they don't serve "hard shell" or "soft shell" tacos.
If you ask for it that way, they will correct you.

They do sell the tostada though.

Reactions: Bender
You guys need some decent food.
A good pie will clog your airway and arteries, stopping that corrosive oxygen from destroying your lives.
It can be had for any meal, and great with beer...except Foster's, we only export that weasel piss to stupid foreign lands.
Screenshot_20211014-051349_Chrome.jpg

i have only had birria during the holidays, as a stew, but tacos could be good.
Check it out. I saw a mention of them on another forum and did some more snooping. I found a place close to where I work that sells them and picked up a few orders to try. They did not disappoint.

ill be damned if im taking taco terminology class from a damn-near-Canadian Ben Affleck. Frickin yankees. :LOL:

way too much cilantro. you only over-cilantro things if you're trying to hide the taste of something else.
If we're going down the nomenclature, jargon and terminology road.......

I think, as a Damn Yankee, we should address your mis-labeling of same.

I was born in Pittsburgh

I went south

I stayed there

"Yankees" are carpetbagging northerners.....

"DAMN Yankees" are the ones that like it here, just the way they found it, that they won't go home....... ;)

I will say i have eaten at hundreds of taco shops all over the sw. hands down best is Saritas in casa de oro, san diego cali. Their salsa verde is out of this world. They put cotija on their carne asada nachos and fries.

second was a place very close to there. Food was average but their orange(not red) is great, although not spicy. Just very different and tasty. They are in rancho san diego, near the grocery store.

Az has mediocre taco shops, although i like Backyard taco(chain now), their orange(habanero) salsa is hot as fuck but delicious. They cook their meats over mesquite wood right behind the counter so you can see. The smells are heavenly. They do tend to overcook their carne though.

I will say i have eaten at hundreds of taco shops all over the sw. hands down best is Saritas in casa de oro, san diego cali. Their salsa verde is out of this world. They put cotija on their carne asada nachos and fries.

second was a place very close to there. Food was average but their orange(not red) is great, although not spicy. Just very different and tasty. They are in rancho san diego, near the grocery store.

Az has mediocre taco shops, although i like Backyard taco(chain now), their orange(habanero) salsa is hot as fuck but delicious. They cook their meats over mesquite wood right behind the counter so you can see. The smells are heavenly. They do tend to overcook their carne though.
Probably because mesquite burns much hotter than live oak does. So they scorch the shit out of it

Reactions: Jgunner
I hate to bring some serious discussion to this thread but; birria tacos

you’re welcome

l.jpg

o.jpg

As far as:
"Yes, all of it. I fucking love Mexican food. Well, wait. I love the meats. I’m trying to cut down on rice and beans"

Opera Snapshot_2021-10-13_203150_orderbirrieriaguadalajara.com.png

Last edited:
Reactions: The D

Taco El Gordo in a Chula Vista, CA. Get the tongue tacos.

Reactions: Jgunner
Flour tortillas for breakfast / burritos chincharones not for everyone. The snooty mexicans at work wouldn't eat them. Extra for me.

Sky is the limit with varieties of Tex Mex and how it's served.

If you take mexican spices the usual peppers and onions, ect and make tacos out of kangaroo meat is it Mexican food?

What if instead of fish or shrimp you fried softshell crab and put in a taco shell, exactly how do you describe that.

The best cabeza torta I ever had was in Shreveport Louisiana.
At an old gas station that was turned into a dining room and the kitchen was outside in a food truck. Drove home accross the river in Bossier ate, got back in the truck to go get another one.

My wife made burritos tonight they were awsome

Reactions: Snipe260
Because if it has a soft shell, its a fucking burrito.

Enough of this transgendering food bullshit; if it has a hard crunchy shell, its a fucking taco. If its wrapped in something soft, its a fucking burrito. End of story.

Taco 'filler' in a soft wrap? Burrito. Just stop.

Fight me.

/letsgoBrandon
now that Krautistan has been conquered and repopulated by the Muslims, I thought that the jihadist version of a burrito, the shwarma, was the new national food?

Just to show how f-ed up figuring out rules for Mexican food is.

Street Tacos
Normally 2 small tortillas flour or corn but both served soft with only meat, onions and cilantro.

Doesn't exactly follow taco rules at all but universally accepted.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Classic Tex-Mex supper burrito.

2 lb ground beef
2 spice mixes or diy
4 large serrano peppers diced
1 onion
Cilantro
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can ranch style beans

Put spices in as batches
Put beans in last, cook slow after that or they will scorch.

Tortillas browned on both sides, I put my shredded cheese on after flip to melt a little. It wont fall off.

You can add more things but good strait up and will feed 4 easily.

Don't skip browning / blistering the tortillas. (Comal)

At the time it was a good way to feed the wife, myself and two teenage boys for less than junk food burger prices.

Occasionally I would share one at work and get a "not bad for a white boy".

Reactions: The D
Classic Tex-Mex supper burrito.

2 lb ground beef
2 spice mixes or diy
4 large serrano peppers diced
1 onion
Cilantro
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can ranch style beans

Put spices in as batches
Put beans in last, cook slow after that or they will scorch.

Tortillas browned on both sides, I put my shredded cheese on after flip to melt a little. It wont fall off.

You can add more things but good strait up and will feed 4 easily.

Don't skip browning / blistering the tortillas. (Comal)

At the time it was a good way to feed the wife, myself and two teenage boys for less than junk food burger prices.

Occasionally I would share one at work and get a "not bad for a white boy".
This sounds delicious. But it’s not a burrito, it’s a fully-enclosed extra large soft shell taco

LMAO @ this thread :ROFLMAO:

corn likes to tear so it has must be smaller in size.

flour = gluten = stretch

because it stretches, you can burrito it

... like science

If you roll and fry your corn tortillas instead of folding them over, it's now a tacito.

Fry flat and top, tostada.

None of it really makes any sense at all. The same seven ingredients presented differently are a way to have 15 item menus .

Let's not even consider having pork, fish, octopus, shrimp or chicken around to confuse us.

It's a racket. I had a kangaroo taco at a yuppy joint in Fort Worth.

WTF

Reactions: LawnMM
Truth is tongue has a strong beef flavor and if done right is awesome. I like it at Korean BBQ too.

I always get stressed out at the Korean BBQ places because the only ones worth a shit are 1-off family owned places where there is some 149 year old Korean lady working at who will go around and berate you if you put too much on your plate and didn't eat it.

I dont know why, but I'm always scared of the ancient Korean women at those places.