• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your Definition of a Sniper Rifle

Re: Your Definition of a Sniper Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does that mean that a sniper's rifle is only a sniper rifle when the sniper is actually shooting at a human?</div></div>

Again, this is silly. Here is another example.

I carried a "sniper rifle" (or as we called it a counter sniper rifle) in LE.

I got a call from the patrol LT telling me to respond to a certain area where they were looking for a dog. The dog in question was a stray that had bit a kid. They have been trying to catch this dog for three days. The doctor finely said, if the dog wasn't caught and tested before midnight, the kid would have to go through a series of rabie shots (quite painful).

The LT simply told me to go get the dog. I did. The dog was tested, no rabies and no rabie shot series.

So now tell me, this was a dog, not a human. So is my LE Sniper Rifle no longer a sniper rifle.

If I remember right when I was in sniper school we were taught that sniper targets could also be equipment, as in destroying radios and such. Or in LE, some "snipers' carry pellet guns to take out street lights and such. Wouldn't that also be a sniper rifle??????

Where does the "human only" bit come in.

Again this is silly, but I'll admit, entertaining. </div></div>

I agree it is silly. It is silly when someone tries to be something they are not. In law enforcment or military people are trained to use their rifles against equipment or peolpe to gain an advantage over someone or something? L.E. May include animals but isnt military primarally to gain the advantage over other peolpe, either by shooting the person or the equipment they may use?
They are using their rifles for the PURPOSE they were built.
The military does not have many precision rifles in a combat area to see if they can shoot small groups on paper.

A little boy can run around in batman pjs but it doesnt make him a superhero. A guy can build precision long range rifles and shoot them well. Doesnt make him or his rifle a sniper rifle, despite what he plays out in his mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why dont you enlighten us as to what the difference is between a custom rifle a guy shoots targets with it, and the precision rifle built for the military and issued to a soilder with the sole purpose of taking out military targets. </div></div>

Nothing. I thought that was what I had tried to convey to you. The rifles can be the same.

I have one of the M40A1 return stocks on my 308. That stock was deployed to and used for the purpose of being a sniper rifle by your definition. Because I now have and use that stock on my rifle, do I have half of a sniper rifle?

Here is a picture, because as silly as this thread is, everybody likes pictures.

As returned from service...
P1020377.jpg

Nope. You have a 308 in a beat up old used stock. What something can be used for and what they are used for is completely different.

Just curious, do you think that your 308 in the picture is just as valuable as it would be if the stock had the original rifle in it that was used by the marines?

How about if I could make the arguement that a 2 inch revolver could be used as a sniper weapon.

I am still certified as a LE Sniper Instructor and still teach LE Snipers.

In my classes I also cover criminal snipers. Many here don't believe there is such an animal. That is a false and dangerous thought.

Anyway, "protective distance" is the key to understanding what cases are sniping cases. Protective distance does not necessarly mean distance per se, but where a shooter feels he can maintain remoteness from his victom and not be threatened by the victom or bye-standers.

So in the case of a criminal sniper using a pistol. Assume he wants to do in his victom at a ball game. He can use his "sniper weapon" while in this case, a pistol, by using the "protective distance" of the crowd noise.

I realize that many here seem, to only think of sniping in military terms which is fine if you're military. But there is also Civilian Law Enforcement and the cops need to understand and realize there are criminal snipers, and what determines what is a sniper and what doesn't because that determines the correct tactics in dealing with the criminal.

Another example of non-sniper trained snipers that were used in Vietnam and Afgahn. That being some kid given a junk rifle and paid a few bucks to take pop shots at American Bases, not really hitting much but interferring with the moral of the soldiers. That is sniping regardless of the training and rifle.

There are three types of snipers, ego-harmonious, ego-nonharmonious and psycohotic. Best know which you are dealing with in counter-sniper operations. (By the way, Military Snipers fall into the first catagory).

A sniper rifle (or weapon) then can only be definded as a rifle (or weapon) used by a sniper.

As to hunting rifles vs military trained snipers etc etc. A case in point was in Cheyene a couple years ago. A trained, experienced military sniper shot his girlfiend (or wife, ex-wife, don't remember exactly) from a "protective distance" using a 270 bolt action hunting rifle. It was from quite a distance and through glass. Killed her too.

Was not that a "criminal sniper" using a "sniper rifle"???

There are those who say the DC Sniper wasn't a sniper but just a criminal. I contend he was a criminal but a criminal sniper. Hard for military snipers to grasp.

In my opinion, the whole problem started because some idiot in WWI coined the term "sniper" when none of us (that I know of) shoot snipe.

Since then we've all been on ego trips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious, do you think that your 308 in the picture is just as valuable as it would be if the stock had the original rifle in it that was used by the marines? </div></div>

To me it is. It would be difficult to put a value on something that can't be purchased.

It is nice to put your hands on a piece of real history.

Any real experience should add value to an item. Of course if you buy it and want it to be functional also, it may have less value in really poor condition (like an original SPR with a KAC FF handguard that has become really flexible over a lot of use).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is nice to put your hands on a piece of real history.

Any real experience should add value to an item. Of course if you buy it and want it to be functional also, it may have less value in really poor condition (like an original SPR with a KAC FF handguard that has become really flexible over a lot of use).
</div></div>

I agree the stock is a piece of military history. And from what I have seen it adds a TON of value to thise stocks. It does not transform his rifle into a sniper rifle. If he ever shorts out and climbs a clock tower with it and wields it againts people then he will have himself a bonafied sniper rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with you. On the criminal side too. Because what ever weapon was used it was used on people</div></div>

And then we had the criminal attack where the criminal sniper was poking holes in the Alaska Pipeline in the late 70s early 80s.

Again the target does not define the sniper or his sniper system

Why would that qualify him as a sniper? More like a vandal.

Here in washington forest areas have been closed down to public shooting because of people leaving garbage after shooting the crap out of it, and sometimes because people shoot logging equipment. That makes them irresponsable vandals. Not snipers. In the hunting regulations they refer to the act of shooting powerlines as vandalism, not sniping powerlines.

If any weapon could be used by a Sniper than we should call <span style="text-decoration: underline">all</span> rifles "Sniper Rifles". Is that what you are saying?

To me the intended purpose of the rifle would determine it's name. And there is only 4 ways a guy could own a true Sniper Rifle.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">1)</span></span> He is issued one by the Government for the intended purpose.
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #CC0000">2)</span></span> He owns one that was formerly used for that purpose and is now a piece of history.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">3)</span></span> He takes a weapon and begins shooting at people from a concealed position SNIPER and his rifle thus becomes a sniper rifle.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">4)</span></span> He has one made specifically for the purpose of sniping people.

Alot of the builders that build Sniper Rifle clones call them just that, <span style="text-decoration: underline">clones</span>, or they say <span style="text-decoration: underline">spec built</span> because they are not being sent to a person that intends to shoot other people. Or because they are cloned to match an issued military spec Sniper Rifle.

I agree that if a guy grabbed a hunting rifle and started shooting people from a concealed position it would become a Sniper Rifle used by a Sniper. Many of the early Sniper Rifles were just Remington 700 'Hunting' rifles with a scope. When those rifles were deployed for their new intended purpose by trained snipers they became a Sniper Rifle did they not? They were being used in a new role. I bet the guys hunting deer back home at the time were not reffering to their Remington 700 hunting rifles as 'Sniper Rifles' now because Snipers were using the same model in active duty.

So what classifies a rifle a sniper rifle? It has to be the intended purpose to differentiate it from other tools. For example a Hammer. There are hammers that are intended for a general application and there are specific hammers for a specific purpose. To differentiate we say "Claw Hammer" or "Body Hammer". If we didn't differentiate we could go around calling every rifle a 'sniper rifle' and that would be confusing just like calling a Claw Hammer a Body Hammer, it is not the same tool. In a toolbox full of 'Hammers' which hammer would you grab if someone said: "hand me the hammer"? You would likely respond: "which one?" and it would depend on the task right? How about if i say: "Varmit Rifle" What comes to mind? The animals that will be killed with that tool? What purpose was it built for? If i say: "Elephant Gun, Dangerous Game Rifle, Deer Rifle, etc." Different tools for different animals. For the most part a Sniper Rifle is made with a specific animal in mind, people. Since it has limited applications, if it is not being used for Sniping or by a Sniper i don't think its correct to refer to it as a Sniper Rifle. And most of the guys that do usually have a fantasy of being a Sniper or want to be viewed like one from other people.

I don't think it's about being "butthurt". LOL. I think it was meant to be a comical and amusing pet peave.

End of rant.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Let me illustrate with Pics</span></span>
grin.gif

M40.jpg

Wannabe.jpg

A sniper rifle is a rifle that if you shoot at someone and miss, he'll shoot back at you with something just like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A sniper rifle is a rifle that if you shoot at someone and miss, he'll shoot back at you with something just like it. </div></div>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
EXACTLY!!

Just trying to throw this in a different direction and seeing what happens, isn't a sniper a person who uses concealment to his advantage to take precision shots at selected targets at various distances with a weapon(rifle,pistol,hell a ballistic knife for that matter) and staying concealed to eliminate, confuse,or demoralize his enemy. So we all shouldn't be calling it a sniper rifle we should be calling it a snipeing rifle
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDStroup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just trying to throw this in a different direction and seeing what happens, isn't a sniper a person who uses concealment to his advantage to take precision shots at selected targets at various distances with a weapon(rifle,pistol,hell a ballistic knife for that matter) and staying concealed to eliminate, confuse,or demoralize his enemy. So we all shouldn't be calling it a sniper rifle we should be calling it a snipeing rifle
grin.gif

</div></div>

Objection!!!! Asked and answered!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Let me illustrate with Pics</span></span>
grin.gif

M40.jpg

</div></div>

How do you know this is a sniper rifle if you can't see if he is shooting at a human?

I could take a picture of a rifle exactly like that here in my shop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How do you know this is a sniper rifle if you can't see if he is shooting at a human?

I could take a picture of a rifle exactly like that here in my shop. </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt">And here you are holding it right?</span>

Wannabe.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[snip]

So what classifies a rifle a sniper rifle? It has to be the intended purpose to differentiate it from other tools. For example a Hammer. There are hammers that are intended for a general application and there are specific hammers for a specific purpose. To differentiate we say "Claw Hammer" or "Body Hammer". If we didn't differentiate we could go around calling every rifle a 'sniper rifle' and that would be confusing just like calling a Claw Hammer a Body Hammer, it is not the same tool. In a toolbox full of 'Hammers' which hammer would you grab if someone said: "hand me the hammer"? You would likely respond: "which one?" and it would depend on the task right? How about if i say: "Varmit Rifle" What comes to mind? The animals that will be killed with that tool? What purpose was it built for? If i say: "Elephant Gun, Dangerous Game Rifle, Deer Rifle, etc." Different tools for different animals. For the most part a Sniper Rifle is made with a specific animal in mind, people. Since it has limited applications, if it is not being used for Sniping or by a Sniper i don't think its correct to refer to it as a Sniper Rifle. And most of the guys that do usually have a fantasy of being a Sniper or want to be viewed like one from other people.

[snip]</div></div>

your hammer analogy doesn't work for me. those tools are physically different. you can pick one up and know it is a framing hammer and pick another one up and know it's a ball peen hammer. now if one hammer was built and functions exactly the same but one person uses it as a for one use and another person uses it for something else, the tool is still the same tool. same thing with your varmint rifle analogy. an issued sniper rifle and one that someone has built exactly like it are still the same tool. sure, the end use is probably going to be different but it's still the same exact tool.

i'm a big fan on not fucking with someone's for sale ad, no matter how retarded i think they are. if you don't like what they have to say in their ad, don't buy from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I could take a picture of a rifle exactly like that here in my shop. </div></div>

Wannabe.jpg
</div></div>

no, that's me with my m4.

So, you're saying the term "sniper" is just a label that the rifle gets only after it's shooter shoots at someone?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Wannabe.jpg
</div></div>

no, that's me with my m4. </div></div>

Now I know what the 300 stands for in your screen name.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now I know what the 300 stands for in your screen name.
grin.gif
</div></div>

close. that's the minimum weight of the women i date. i'm way over 300 myself.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[snip]

[snip]</div></div>

your hammer analogy doesn't work for me. those tools are physically different. you can pick one up and know it is a framing hammer and pick another one up and know it's a ball peen hammer. now if one hammer was built and functions exactly the same but one person uses it as a for one use and another person uses it for something else, the tool is still the same tool. same thing with your varmint rifle analogy. an issued sniper rifle and one that someone has built exactly like it are still the same tool. sure, the end use is probably going to be different but it's still the same exact tool.

i'm a big fan on not fucking with someone's for sale ad, no matter how retarded i think they are. if you don't like what they have to say in their ad, don't buy from them. </div></div>

Your right about that. I normally dont either. This guy and the way he went on and on just got under my skin a little. And I never said anything negative about him on the forum, I only asked what i asked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[snip]

So what classifies a rifle a sniper rifle? It has to be the intended purpose to differentiate it from other tools. For example a Hammer. There are hammers that are intended for a general application and there are specific <span style="font-size: 8pt">hammers</span> for a specific purpose. To differentiate we say "Claw Hammer" or "Body Hammer". If we didn't differentiate we could go around calling every rifle a 'sniper rifle' and that would be confusing just like calling a Claw Hammer a Body Hammer, it is not the same tool. In a toolbox full of 'Hammers' which hammer would you grab if someone said: "hand me the hammer"? You would likely respond: "which one?" and it would depend on the task right? How about if i say: "Varmit Rifle" What comes to mind? The animals that will be killed with that tool? What purpose was it built for? If i say: "Elephant Gun, Dangerous Game Rifle, Deer Rifle, etc." Different tools for different animals. For the most part a Sniper Rifle is made with a specific animal in mind, people. Since it has limited applications, if it is not being used for Sniping or by a Sniper i don't think its correct to refer to it as a Sniper Rifle. And most of the guys that do usually have a fantasy of being a Sniper or want to be viewed like one from other people.

[snip]</div></div>

i'm a big fan on not fucking with someone's for sale ad, no matter how retarded i think they are. if you don't like what they have to say in their ad, don't buy from them. </div></div>

So if the excat same tool is correct. I can can get the spec M40A1 stock from mcmillan, spray paint it with krylon add some duct tape beat the piss out of it, and then sell it for twice as much or more than i paid for it, because it is excatly the same as the return stock that radcustom has.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

So if the excat same tool is correct. I can can get the spec M40A1 stock from mcmillan, spray paint it with krylon add some duct tape beat the piss out of it, and then sell it for twice as much or more than i paid for it, because it is excatly the same as the return stock that radcustom has. </div></div>

who said anything about selling anything for more than you paid for it? what does that have to do with the definition of "sniper rifle"? the guy in your op used "sniper rifle" in the title for his ad. know what? you clicked on it and i bet a bunch of other people did too. if he just put "rifle" in the title, do you think as many people would click on the ad?

So i can paint up a mcmillan m40 stock and list it for sale as a "return" to get people to click on the add. Then in the descripition go on about how it is a stock from a sniper rifle used by the marines.
It is the same thing as listing a custom built rifle as a sniper rifle if it has never been one.
Call things what they are not what you wish they were.
It does not discredit the craftmanship, quality or accuracy of a custom rifle to call it what it is. But quailty work and accuracy does not make it a sniper rifle.

The sniper has special abilities, training, and equipment. His <span style="color: #FF0000">job is to deliver discriminatory, highly accurate rifle fire against enemy targets </span>that cannot be engaged successfully by the regular rifleman because of range, size, location, fleeting nature, or visibility. Sniping requires the development of basic infantry skills to a high degree of perfection. A sniper's training incorporates a wide variety of subjects designed to increase his value as a force multiplier and to ensure his survival on the Battlefield. The art of sniping requires learning and repetitiously practicing these skills until mastered. A sniper must be highly trained in long range rifle marksmanship and field craft skills to ensure maximum effective engagements with minimum risk.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armytrng/a/sniperschool.htm

So if your rifle hasnt been used in this manner it is not a sniper rifle.
Notice ENEMY TARGETS.
If you have not been trained on a rifle to do this job your not a sniper.
If you dont have a rifle built for the purpose of this job, you do not have a sniper rifle.
If the rifle you posses has never been used in this capacity you do not have a sniper rifle.

One more thing. Criminals. If the media wants to refer to some dude who is comitting murder by shooting from a hiding spot a sniper, good for them. If they want to refer to a guy destroying private property with a rifle as a sniper good for them. I call them criminals and murderers. And murder weapons. Calling a common criminal a sniper, who is killing innocent people, to me somehow discredits snipers who feel that their job SAVES lives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i'm a big fan on not f**** with someone's for sale ad, no matter how retarded i think they are. if you don't like what they have to say in their ad, don't buy from them. </div></div>

Although i have done that (jokingly) once in the past, I agree. Although i have witnessed in the for sale ads here that when someone posts an inaccurate ad someone steps up and corrects them in the interest of protecting the buyer and honesty.

What about the Remington 700 Hunting rifles? Back home they were still Hunting Rifles. The soldiers used them as Sniper Rifles in conflict. To the soldier it was a Sniper Rifle, and to the Civillian a Hunting Rifle. Same rifles, so what made one a Sniper Rifle? (answer) <span style="color: #CC0000">The one using it and the role it was used in!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i'm a big fan on not f**** with someone's for sale ad, no matter how retarded i think they are. if you don't like what they have to say in their ad, don't buy from them. </div></div>

Although i have done that (jokingly) once in the past, I agree. Although i have witnessed in the for sale ads here that when someone posts an inaccurate ad someone steps up and corrects them in the interest of protecting the buyer and honesty.

What about the Remington 700 Hunting rifles? Back home they were still Hunting Rifles. The soldiers used them as Sniper Rifles in conflict. To the soldier it was a Sniper Rifle, and to the Civillian a Hunting Rifle. Same rifles, so what made one a Sniper Rifle? (answer) <span style="color: #CC0000">The one using it and the role it was used in!</span> </div></div>

The easier thing to do would have been to post a link to the ad and let everyone enjoy the laugh.

It sounds like you have appointed yourself internet dictionarian,(I just made that up) since it doesn't seem to matter to you what anyone else thinks.

Are there any other discrepancies that you have found, or is the incorrect use of the term "sniper" the only one?

Are you"butt hurt" because your world has collapsed and you found out your not a sniper or have a sniper rifle? Those are not my definitions just what is out out there for anyone to read. The only thing is you have yo be grounded in reality for it to make sense. My internet searches did not go into fantasy land. Sorry dude.

Sniper Rifle

P1010005.JPG

Varment Rifle

P1010005.JPG

Ooops thats the same rifle,

Maybe because at one time it was used as a LE Counter-Sniper Rifle, and now its used for prarie dogs.

The big question is, "who really gives a rat's ass. Call em what you want.

Forgot to add, that same rifle is a "turkey" rifle

Kianna%20turkey%202.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The big question is, "who really gives a rat's ass. Call em what you want. </div></div>

Hopefully the guy that thinks he's buying a "sniper rifle".

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Wanting to sell my custom <span style="color: #FF0000">Sniper Rifle</span></span>

I did extensive developement and worked closely with LaRue Tactical to develope this rifle when i was a Lieutenant in the Marines, Army, and Seals. Custom camo. I used this rifle personnally as a sniper in WWI, WWII, WWIII, Vietnam, and Korea. I have 400 confirmed kills with this rifle. Comes with Counter Sniper 4x scope featuring lens coatings that i've been told are made by combining the beryllium with gypsy tears and anal leakage from unicorns.

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">$12,000</span> OBO</span> Keep in mind this is a REAL Sniper Rifle, worth every penny to get your hands on a piece of history.

M41K-sniper-airsoft-bb-rifle-bbgunnuk205.jpg

Wannabies.

And me appearantly. Hey i said it was petty.
Who knew these guys would get Butt Hurt? I am going to see how many times i can use that phrase in a sentence today.

I just hope nobodys dad over to my house to beat me up for shattering the dreams of their little boy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you"butt hurt" because your world has collapsed and you found out your not a sniper or have a sniper rifle? Those are not my definitions just what is out out there for anyone to read. The only thing is you have yo be grounded in reality for it to make sense. My internet searches did not go into fantasy land. Sorry dude. </div></div>

Nope, sorry to disappoint you. For me to be "butt hurt", I would have to give a shit. You know, like you did with the guys ad.

I only indulged your fantasy to keep you from gaining too much ground on my post count.
laugh.gif
Don't get too "butt hurt" over it.

By the way, what is your definition of Butt Hurt?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the way, what is your definition of Butt Hurt?
</div></div>

Thats between you and 300Sniper
wink.gif

My fantasy. I really think you are one strange dude. What part of this discussion has been fantasy? Aside from you thinking you own sniper rifles.

And butt hurt. No idea. But it is a funny phrase.

Have i gained any ground on your post count?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing. Criminals. If the media wants to refer to some dude who is comitting murder by shooting from a hiding spot a sniper, good for them. If they want to refer to a guy destroying private property with a rifle as a sniper good for them. I call them criminals and murderers. And murder weapons. Calling a common criminal a sniper, who is killing innocent people, to me somehow discredits snipers who feel that their job SAVES lives. </div></div>

Perhaps you should call all the media outlets and inform them they are incorrectly using the term too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My fantasy. I really think you are one strange dude. What part of this discussion has been fantasy? Aside from you thinking you own sniper rifles.

And butt hurt. No idea. But it is a funny phrase.

Have i gained any ground on your post count?
</div></div>

The part about you asking a question and then arguing your answer; or, the part where you think it is of some importance what terms someone else uses to describe their rifle.

Take your pick.

Maybe a little. Keep trying.

Hey thanks man thats a good idea. You do realise alot of people will get "butt hurt". Are you prepared for that?