• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Your farthest hits ever?

Re: Your farthest hits ever?

1015 yards on a target 30"x36" with .308 AIAW using 155 Lapua scenar

Ditto what strickland said, except we didn't have any Army guys on our gun and extend range to 16 miles.... oo rah.

taiway1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ditto what strickland said, except we didn't have any Army guys on our gun and extend range to 16 miles.... oo rah.

taiway1.jpg
</div></div>
Now that's what I call reach out and touch someone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do handguns count? IPSC target sized steel at 440yds.... .45 Auto </div></div>

I hear ya. Did the same on an IPSC target, Kimber .45, just @ 600yd. Out of 10rds got one on the paper, just f'n around walking em in there, aiming Keith style...

Had a girlfriend in Japan once.
Oh, not that kind of hit - nevermind
laugh.gif

I'll add Philippines, Australia, Hong Kong and Korea if we are talking about those hits
wink.gif

No they were all women. I checked ahead of time. Maybe you should start checking so you don't keep having those problems you always seem to have with the "ladies"
wink.gif

Rockchuck, 572 yards. Remington 700 BDL 22-250, Leupold VX-II 4-12. 6"x6" steel, ~600 yards. DPMS .204, Leupold VX-II 6-18.

ground hog 1240 yds 300wsm 210 gr bergers killed it one the 3rd. shot

Furthest first round hit is 1650 yards on a 30 inch target.

Best showing at distance 8 out of 12 hits on a half silhouette target at 1930 yards.

Furthest kill on game, 823 yards on a big 173" mulie.

Furthest hit on target is 2245 yards on a 12" rock, took 5-6 rounds to hit the rock but all shots were in a very small group.

Honorable Mention: Furthest distance shot 2650 yards at a 15 inch target, only got a few rounds and the winds were blowing 40+ mph so didn't hit but got dang close.

Black winged scavenger @ 625. Cold bore .308 Win.
19x22 Silhouette gong @ 1k often w/.300 Win
Coyote running straight away @ 485....very lucky on the holdover

650yd doe body shot 2nd round, would be the furthest.
300 doe head shot facing away, we got it on camera when I looked up there was only red vapor. I think thats called a catastrophic brain shot if Im not mistaken? I humbly recognize that I have gained no bragging rights on this thread as I have read each one. My favorite is the "Taiway to Hell!"

not sure exactly as to the range, but if I had to guess I would say roughly 2100 meters with a MK19 on an APC. I had the gun off the T&E and was holding it at close to a 45 degree angle. three weeks ago at FT Drum.

On an animal I would say 125 yards, button buck with remington 11-87 with sobot slug, one shot broadside DRT. double lung, clipped the heart and shattered the far shoulder.

650 yards on a silloutte, will hopefully reach out to 1000 sometime this month

animal- probably around 100 yard shot on a rabbit with .22LR

A few Xs and 10s 1K paper; steel 1K (don't remember size); 12X15 steel @ 915 - all with .308 the last was two weekends ago with 168s testing a load.

On game 485 yards on whitetail deer with 308. Yeah I like 308s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Denz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your farthest hits ever?

well i once drove 12hrs straight to hit it... </div></div>

Been there done that but we are all young and dum at some time:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Denz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your farthest hits ever?

well i once drove 12hrs straight to hit it... </div></div>

Been there done that but we are all young and dum at some time:) </div></div>
10-4 to those

no wind and whitetail was 1/2 mil in the leupy so I dialed up to 800 yards and she fell...had to shoot her twice though.
cry.gif

around 3700 meters with a 7.62mm

of course the target was an armored vehicle at Ft. Drum and I was shooting 6-8 shot bursts with an M60 well beyond the sight calibration scale (1100m) and was simply walking it in with the T&E for shits and giggles and a bet. The tracers were well burned out before impact. Took about 4 or 5 bursts to get them on target.

that was the bet......
the payoff.....
that I didn't have to clean the pig!

ETA2....my best miss, shooting LAW rockets at Camp LeJeune, I hit it. J/k At about 200 or 300 meters (I forget) was shooting at the old 1950-60 vintage amtracs about the size of a house trailer. About midship is a port window and a starboard window. Yup, I sent the rocket in one and out the other. Well it was my aiming point. Poor choice I guess.

ETA- farthest shot on game...480 yards on a woodchuck with a .22-250 rem vamint master and a tasco 6-24x scope.

Got the 1140 at ASC with 308 a couple of times but a second round connect recently on a groundhog @ 937 with the TRG-22 spitting 155 lapuas at 2930 was my best.He rolled flipped and twisted for 15 yards but expired above ground.

Prarie Dog at 700yds with 6-284 and 14 inch steel at 2200yds with 375ct

walking Stinkbug at 60yds with USFT air rifle.3 inch steel bell at 150yds with same rifle.

4inch plate at 250yds with 22 rifle

not longest shot but i thought worth mention
292 yds. prarie dog
17 hmr from pu seat

1450m larue target .338 lapua
145m 6 inch plate 1911 .45 first shot

Large steel tank, ~24,000meters, M198 155mm howitzer. Effects on target with 6 different howitzers and ~100 rounds of ammunition.
grin.gif

Oh, come on, someone had to go for the absurd answer ...

A week or so ago I was working on a small juniper bush sitting by itself on a fairly dry hillside where I could observe splashes. Range was about 1920 yards. Had 82 moa el dialed (maxed out the MK4 16X) plus held 2 mils. Had only 5 moa windage dialed as it was close to calm. Round was 30-06 starting 208s at 2650 fps. I was aiming at the base of the bush, in three shots I was digging roots.

I hit the 12" 1200yrd gong
sako trg22 308
I ran out of clicks on the nightforce
so I had to use the hash marks to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roach-killer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hit the 12" 1200yrd gong
sako trg22 308
I ran out of clicks on the nightforce
so I had to use the hash marks to.</div></div>

Thats not fair you had a TRG-22!!! It doesn't count.

i don't remember the size of the tgt, 30x40? i milled it at 1100, hold a little high as i always mil short, first round hit 308 rebuilt 700. hit at about right kidney looking at it. the shot was at ASC like 3-4 years ago. i would have to look it up. i think i finished 7th?

J

my buddy hit a toilet at 5 yards with a 22lr... thought he shot him self. Me I couldn't shoot myself in the foot if I tried.

Mine is not much to brag about but I will anyway. I shoot a steel plate (16"X 16") at 750 yards with about 15 to 20 MPH or wind with a tikka t3 270 wsm. I was shooting 140 grain nosler accubonds at about 3100 fps. I also had a 10 shot group with my 22-250 of 3.5 inches on paper at 500 yards. Told ya not much to brag about but again I might as well.

I watched my stepdad hit a moving deer (a little faster than a walk) with a ruger no.1 30/06 and weaver 4x scope sitting on the side of a canyon on the canadian river. He used his knee as a brace. He had no range finder and less than 30 seconds from time of first sight till he shot. The deer droped hard and pushed with his back feet so he decided to shoot again because he was far enough away that it took over ten minutes for me to get to him down the canyon wall and through the brush. I asked how far that was and how in the heck he knew how far to hold over and in front of, he said in the old days you learned what your gun was capable of and you spent all your time in the field learning to estimate ranges...anyways I measured how far apart the bullets were. 4 inches center to center both in the front shoulder. I asked how far it was and he said and I quote "450 to 460 yards." So I looked up how far and flat a 22" 30/06 shooting 180 grains were and even 25 yards off would have been a miss. He was 65 years old at the time told me and that it was a reasonable shot and thats why .30 caliber rifles are his favorite! "Long live the old timers and may we pups shut up and learn cause some things are better lived than read about!"

first round 1024 on a crow, three first round hits on rabbits all on different days and only shot over that piece of land five times ie: five shots fired so missed with two shots (windier days) countless 500 plus

my goal is to get out of the medium range bracket and get out to longer range

the longest I have shot is 1270 and when the maze is cut I will have that bit of land back to shoot and there are rabbits there :)
grin.gif
but would love to poke at one 1500+
laugh.gif

1000 yd larue from tower at rifles only
3rd shot ,missed my wind dope twice
6xc