• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Your farthest hits ever?

Re: Your farthest hits ever?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RODENT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">12" steel disk at 1 mile w/ 300 WSM 208 A-Max. </div></div>

That's impressive. What's your barrel's spec? Do you have it specially throated for the 208 AMAX? Most WSM I know can only take up to 190 grains. </div></div>

The reamer was designed to a minimum SAAMI Spec and does have a long lead in the throat. Tom Sarver of Thunder Valley Precision Rifle came up with the exact specs and had the reamer made. 65gr of H4350, Norma brass and CCI BR-2 primer 3074 fps.
DSC03091-1.jpg

DSC03093-1.jpg

DSC03090-1.jpg

DSC03094-1.jpg

Lawton 28.5" Barrel
Lawton 7500 Action
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...9476#Post959476

RODENT

PM me if you want more info.

I haven't had much of a chance to do any really long range stuff, but I have what is MY best with a rifle and a pistol. Both of these are not super human by any means, but it is still MY personal best to date.

3" styrofoam cup, 175 yards, Glock .40S&W, 2 shots back to back hits (no sighters), witnessed by my good friend Kirk, it was his pistol.

12"x18" steel plate, 400 yards, FN-SPRA1 .308 (Jezebel, sold to a Hide Member), 3 shots back to back hits (no sighters), witnessed by me and the birds flyin by and one very pissed off coyote, 1-3/8" group.

Hopefully with my new stick and bein here in Colorado with some longer range capabilities, all of this will improve a bit.

DK

Best group of my life:

300WM- reworked PSS (basically the same thing as HateCa's Maverick package plus bedding, trigger work and a few other things)
515 yards
3 rounds with about 2 minutes between each shot...

Measured .86" CTC.....I will more than likely NEVER do that again but I did have a group that was about sub 1.5" for 5 shots at 515 yards....and have made plenty of sub 2" groups at 515....(the range I shoot at has a max distance of 515 yards if you were wondering)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Denz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your farthest hits ever?

well i once drove 12hrs straight to hit it... </div></div>

Maybe once upon a time but, these days, I'd just spank it before I'd drive 12 hours, whether that's round trip or one way, doesn't matter.

I have a friend, however, who has flown halfway around the world for it and given up a nice-paying military contractor job because of it and this is after getting out of a nearly 20-year marriage. You'd think that he would have learned by now...

steel-1280 on ar500 21x41" first round hit 3min wind, witnessed

beast- boar hog 585 yrd head shot, second 585+/- on a trot 1 mil lead, witness and confirmed. currently baiting pigs at 900 to work back from

Paper - 1780 yards .68 MOA 3 shot group with 17mph 7 o'clock tail wind correction 30-416 Rigby, witnessed.

Deer - 1006 yards heart & lung shot 300 Win. Mag., witnessed and video.

Steel: 980yds 12"x12" Remmy 700p .308 4.5-14Mk4 178g AMAX mine
Steel 1250yds 12"x12" Remmy in .338LM 300g my buddies rifle

We wanted to set up targets up to 2000yds but it was uneven terrain and 3 mile + walks out and back were becoming less and less fun. Also it was quickly coming close to beer thirty.

Upper torsho steel at 760 and at 960 with my ar-15 government contour barrel. 62 grain fmj @3400 witnessed

Oh and that was with the factory peep site elevation on rear sight was set at 500 for the 760 shot and set at 600 +3 clicks for the 960...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joker59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Upper torsho steel at 760 and at 960 with my ar-15 government contour barrel. 62 grain fmj @3400 witnessed </div></div>
Impressive! I love the 3400 mv! Would you share the recipe?
Thanks

28.5 grains of 844 surplus powder, 62 grain penetrator. and it was acually 3389 to 3396 whats a few fps. this load has broke a bolt face on a bushmaster AR. I would not recommend it. And I do not recommend it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ND Norm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody on the site work for NASA? you could say you shot at and hit the Moon, Mars,etc.
Norm
</div></div>

Ill take that, 60 nautical miles. ERGM.

I'm least impressive here. I also have never had targets past 350 yards so whatev.

Furthest hit was 350 yards with a 308 and a 300 RUM on a 8"x8" steel target

Furthest kill was 210 yards with a 6.8 SPC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">her tits.
</div></div>

BWWWAAAAHHHAAAAAHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vikingwitharifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do handguns count? IPSC target sized steel at 440yds.... .45 Auto </div></div>

shocked.gif

How in the hell?</div></div>

8" steel plate at 215yds....... .40s&w XDM

Pistol:
3rd round hit 275y on 12" steel with open sights Super Redhawk 9 1/2" barrel. 240gr JHP powered by 800x (I think, my dad loaded them)

22LR
250 yard 2nd round hit on 2L soda bottle with 10-22, it fell over and rolled out of sight, one hit just below bottom and 1" right of center. Barely a hit, but still counts

Vnotch Iron sights
500ish yard 1st round hit on a discarded stove in a strip mine with a stock surplus k98 in 8x57M and handloads of 170gr Hornady BTSP with WC846 powder

Scoped
Total hail mary shot around a mile on a scrapped bulldozer plow (same abandoned strip mine), measured 48" tall by about 10' wide. Aimed at left edge hit about center. Walked in over 7 shots, 8th shot hit. 30-06 built from k98 action, throwing 178 Amax with WC846

500yds with AK on a human sized target (irons
laugh.gif
)
800 yds on a slope with 308win (50x40cm target)
1100yds with 50 cal (100x40cm target)

thunder11

752 yards, with a good wind blowing through the canyon (15+ mph).

DSC00973.jpg

4" clays at 1200 yards
142 smk 6.5x284

4" clays at 400 yesterday 22 rimfire in a 10-12 mph half value wind
rem 541-T

I shot a deer from the top of a bluff from about 1250 yards with a Barrett M82A1. I actually hit the deer a little low and blew off 2 of its legs. It was a pretty messy sight when I got up close to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber Donut? </div></div>

.308 - 175gr SMK, 43.0gr Varget.

There were targets at 850 and 1000 as well, but between the wind, my scope going wonky, and my level of n00bness, I couldn't seem to get a consistent POI past 750.

2,000 yds on multiple different size targets (never actually measured them) but were Large with M82 Barrett .50cal.

1k with my .308 and .280AI on steel nothing to brag about really.

Went shooting with a friend this week and we got out to 500yds. with his Tompson Encore .260 pistol. Shooting 10" plates and 2 litter bottles @ 300 yds and 20" plate @ 500yds. Off of sand bags of course.

Never messed with pistols like that before ........very impressive.

just went out this morning and checked dope at a 1000 yards prone
with a friends 308 175 smks

had a paper target and my sighter clay next to it and on the 2nd sighter shot hit the 4" clay !!!!!
only shot the gun less than 30 rounds before that

and then shot a ok group at a 1000 but the second sighter shot pounding the clay was a lot of fun had 34.00 moa dialed and only 2 for wind

thats a lucky 2nd shot !!

wild bear in oregon. shot em at 2342 yds with my acis chassis rem 700

168 fmj wally world ammo, 20 mils of elevation, falcon menace 5-25

took 4 shots to take him down, last shot was headshot.

people at the bar still dont believe me untill i show them photos.
b.jpg

b2.jpg

dressed out at 360lbs, and delicious. was kinda hard gettin in the truck, but wife and her sister helped.

made for a hell of a crock pot dinner though.
b3.jpg

With my Ai .308... 806 yards , head shot to a deer. Almost perfect weather conditions... never be able to make as good a shot as that again... 168gr SMK'S

.22LR... Hit a bunny on the opposite of a tree stump that had broken into a V shape..... 125 yards standing position but resting against the side of a tree beside me..Male bunny was doing the wild thing with a lady bunny when I dispatched him to bunny heaven.

Shotgun : numerous decent shots between 30-60 yards

Pistol: running while I was being shot at.... about 40 yards with the sun in my eyes, sweating like a pig,, head shot

50 feet texas whitetail, heartshot 6x284

1250 yards, Savage 7mm mag, Ridge runners gun club, was hitting a life sized buffalo steel target, had no skill then and was using a tad bit of holdover

You were able to shoot the wild pink bear even through the trees at 2342 yards?Cmon you expect us to believe that!LOL

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were able to shoot the wild pink bear even through the trees at 2342 yards?Cmon you expect us to believe that!LOL

Steve </div></div>

he does have foto's to prove it

Gatorade bottle at 500 yards 1st shot 15-17 mph cross wind. 7mm rem mag 180 grain berger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cobb_50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wild bear in oregon. shot em at 2342 yds with my acis chassis rem 700

168 fmj wally world ammo, 20 mils of elevation, falcon menace 5-25

took 4 shots to take him down, last shot was headshot.

people at the bar still dont believe me untill i show them photos.</div></div>

Believing this was hard, saw the pictures and shut my mouth!

The shot I'm most proud of wasn't all that far but it was a tough shot for me anyway. Headshot on a running bobcat at 185 yards. Suprised the shit out of me!!

Hopefully there are a few guys here that have taken the same class to back up what I'm about to say, because I've had a few people straight out call me a liar.

At the end of one of the PR classes I took we shot 4" clay pigeons that were propped up on the back stop while laying prone at 1000. I won't tell you how many shots I fired before scoring my first hit though....I would like for someone to be atleast mildly impressed that I did this, and If I told you the round count...you wouldn't.

Chupa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The shot I'm most proud of wasn't all that far but it was a tough shot for me anyway. Headshot on a running bobcat at 185 yards. Suprised the shit out of me!! </div></div>

laugh.gif
The most surprising that I have made, wasn't a long one either. I am a horrible shot with a shotgun( and I do mean HORRIBLE) and we were out dove hunting some years back. I carry a S&W 686 anytime I was out hunting just for shooting rabbits or rats or whatever. We were along the Brazos river and it was hot out and there were no dove flying at all, and the few we had seen I had missed every one. This one dove came flying down the river headed towards us from the left...I started shooting...and had emptied my shotgun without so much as scaring that bird. As the bird passed by me and my friend, I pulled out that 686 and fired 3 quick shots at it. On the third report, that bird exploded into a cloud of feathers at about 30-35 yards. This was about 14 years ago and me and my buddy still crack up about it when we think of it.

Chupa

Javalina @ 720 yds. with a 6BR.
A few hogs between 400 and 500 with a 280 AI
Colorado Mule Deer @ 360 with 300 Win. Mag.
Chicken silhouette at 1000 with 6.5-284 and 6BRX.

Ohhh, almost forgot, shot a 1" X 1" square of ground at 1.5 miles with a 22LR, if you don't believe me, look on the box, it will go that far!!!!

-X3M

12" X 18" silhouette @ 2000 yds a week ago. Best 2 of 5 hit , & the last one missed by an inch.

I have hit a 12 inch target at 1780 yards four shots in a row.
with a 333 RUM. Farthest 308 hit is only 700 yards on 6" steel