• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Your farthest hits ever?

Re: Your farthest hits ever?

antelope at 465 kneeling, no range finder with a 7 stw. My favorite was a flying mallard drake at 30 to 40 feet off the hip with a 5.00 daisy bb gun. I was 13 years old and have never equaled it until a few years ago. 3 pheasants without raising
the gun. In a matter of a couple of minutes I flushed about 75 birds 1 hen and 2
roosters hit the wires.

I shot a prairie dog a 400 yards with a .22 LR. I was using my rifle like a mortar, no sighting, just watching the impacts in the dirt and adjusting for my next shot. I hit him after about 20 shots.

1,019 yards...shot a coyote with a 308 (22 inch Shilen barrel on a Rem 700 action). Missed the wind call on the first try...but I nailed him with 2nd shot. (168 grain Hornady Match bullet...I forget the load specs though, that's been a while back)

1050 yards on a 13" gong
650 yards on a prairie dog

Saw a kid walking 22 lr rounds into prairie dogs well over 200 yards, unknown range, but he a couple with a brick of ammo.
laugh.gif

Using SWAG dope and 7 or 8 shots hit a man sized target at 2100m with the Barret M107.

coyote at 1288 meters(1408 yards). surgeon .308 155 gr. scenar at 2950 fps. 5-25 S&B PM II. P-3 reticle. ranged with a vectronics vector.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BruceLeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot someone in Iraq. That really far isn't it? </div></div>

LMAO...

Shot a rockchuck at 868 yards (measured by Leica rangefinder), Carey, Idaho. Chuck was laying on a rock shelf sunning himself. Rifle was custom built 30-06, scope Leupold 4.5 x 14, Sierra 175 gn MK.
Barry C Jolly

With my 700 LTR .308 w/ Leupold 3.5-10 (now wears a nightforce).

Deer:
1 first round hit at 475 yards. DRT (BH 168 gr AMAX)
1 2nd round hit at 665 yards. DRT (BH 168 gr AMAX)

Groundhog first round hit at 315. (cheap 150 grain winchester SP)

Hit 10" steel at 630 yards in gusty cond. Just opened the range up to 800 yards, haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

Glock 17 w/ .22 conversion kit. Fired 4 shots at a crow, way out there. One of them hit. Lasered afterwards at 185 yards. Lucky shot. Crows are tough animals. I put a 168 gr AMAX through both longs of a crow today. It blew the far wing off and the thing was still able to walk 3 feet.

Been shooting for 5 years. Didn't move to centerfire till 3 years ago.

-dan

1231 yards on a 16 x 22 iron maiden. 15mph cross wind. Boltripper witnessed.

1500 Yards at a 17" X 24" steel target with a AIAWSM 338 LM using 300 SMK with a 20-25 mph wind at 3:00 o'clock.

my meger additions,

three inch steel tie breaker at a 8 western states regonal silouette match 200 yards with 10" production TC contender 30 harrett standing offhand iron sights.

after the front sight fell off my 1911 .45 acp a guy told me it looked like I was done for the day, so I double tapped the 12" steel 100 yard gong. bang bang , , , tink tink.

Distance 57 feet, I hit my sister with a rock thrown at her while she was moving away at an oblique angle, and at a dead run, 5-6 mph. No wind, sunny, temperatures in the low 90's, 600 ft altitude, 90% humidity.

Ballistic coefficient of the rock is unknown, but was approximately 1.00 caliber and probably in the 500-700 grain range.

Not my farthest hit, but one of my greatest...

Luke.... nice!!!
smile.gif

I think we were hitting steel with 308's out a bit past 1300yrds at Thunder Ranch, maybe Frank can remember...I can't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 12 miles....

m198-4.jpg
</div></div>Those guys are soldires, not Marines
laugh.gif

8" steel plate 5 out of 7 shots at 1022 yds during a club match
GAP built remmy in 260 rem.
139 Lapua

I hit the man silhouette in the Practical Marksman Challenge, it was ranged at 1117 yards and I was shooting off the little plywood barricade with no rear support. I was jacked when they called the "hit" on my second shot!!! Factory 308 Remington VSSF with a 4.5x14 MK 4 on top, shooting 180gr SMK bullets. It was like 52 minutes of dope or something like that!!!!

Dave

1763yds 18x30 300 win mag 210 bergers and 21 mils. 4 straight hits, measuring 12.5".

I hit a old M60 frame with a TOW at 2500M in PTA(Hawaii) back in 1997. Dead On with the grid too! I was 2000M away, and made the call with binos, map, radio, and beginner's luck as a first time FO. Three weeks later we got lasers and FEDS

3 shots in a row at 600 yards open sight CG M96
rangetrip01-25-2009002.jpg

rangetrip01-25-2009020.jpg

rangetrip01-25-2009021.jpg

jonaddis84,

Where do you live in Ohio? Check us out at www.ohio1000yd.com we can shoot out past 2000 yards.We are located in Coshocton Counnty. We have a shoot this Sunday at 10 A.M.

Thanks,
Tom Sarver
740-502-6530

Coyote, first round hit at 672yards, .223AI with 75gr amax.

Steel Larue at 1130 with a .308 and 168 factory match. The splashes looked like the bullet was hitting sideways.

I'd have go to the other side of the cascades to see anything past 600 yards and most times, 200 is the limit for where I go shoot. Got to get out more.

Whitetail buck, 442 yard (lasered), 308, 175 smk

Coyote 440 yds, (80 acre fence line method) 308, 175 smk

5 gallon bucket,5 hits after 2 misses, 1400 yds (gps and wilde confirmed) 338 lapua 300 smk

Watched my brother kill a meadowlark at 1k with a 308 but it was on the KD steel at Badlands.(didn't actually hit the bird, but still killed it, funny shit.)

Farthest this novice has shot, was paper @ 500. M16A2 during boot, silhouette. 241, Expert Score.
grin.gif

Haven't picked up a good rifle for any real distance work, hoping to change that this year... after I decide which rifle I'm after.

on 2-21-09 I was shooting steel at a thousand,and a pigeon landed at 900,I got him on the second round out of my sps tactical .308 with 168 gr. smk 44.5 gr of varget and hornady match brass.

6 point whitetail at 925 yards, 5 minutes later another 6 point at 495 yards.Remington 700 300 win mag. 180 grain BT 6.5X20 Leupold. 2 grounds at 675 yards, Remington 700 7 mag,162 A-MAX. weaver T-16 scope.1 groundhog at 312 yards with ruger 77 22 magnum. Weaver T-10 second shot on this one.

<span style="font-weight: bold">5 of 5 shot first time ever shooting a enfield ,open sight out to 800yrds on a 20x25 plate...that was the coolest i think, the owner looked at me weird after lol ...now i want a enfield!
</span>

80-90 yd Muscrat in a pond with a Glock 21 45 ACP.
65-68 yd Crow with same 45
Bird flying with my Marlin 39A 22lr. No one will belive the distance. Best friend still owes me a truck
smile.gif

Car windows outta a car I thought was going to the junk yd
at about 50 yds with A BB gun. Age 12. Not that great of a feat.
The distance I ran to keep from getting ass whooping from my pops.....amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vikingwitharifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do handguns count? IPSC target sized steel at 440yds.... .45 Auto </div></div>

shocked.gif

How in the hell?</div></div>

I'm estimating 2.5 to 3x front sight "widths" above the notch and a very supported position.

When I had a Model 10 .38, I got bored with getting hits on a silhouette at 100 yards. That required only a neck/head hold, regular sight picture.

Not my farthest, but the one that got me started on believing what *I* could do with the right tools:

Old hubcap, 75 paced yards and hung on the caliche wall of the old gravel pit we were in, 4-inch Model 19 with Speer 146-grain JSWCHPs and a full-power load of the old WW295.

One-handed, single action.

Knocked it down on the first shot. Went forward and found the hit was inside a 6-inch "ring" in the hubcap's 1960s Detroit design.

Made quite an impression on my 14-year old mind. Or was I 15? I *was* a punk back then, that much is for sure.

I'll have to think about it for rifle. Or set up a milk jug or 2-liter jug this Saturday...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No they were all women. I checked ahead of time. Maybe you should start checking so you don't keep having those problems you always seem to have with the "ladies"
wink.gif
</div></div>

Must have some of those moments of

Ohhhh, Lola!

OH!!! LOLA?!?!?

[cough/spit] I don't care HOW good you kiss! [SLAM!!!]

Never had one of those myself. Sleeping with strangers always seemed to require that I get so...vulnerable. From a crime-prevention standpoint.

You guys make me laugh.

At game, my longest now is 770 yards first shoot in 30 MPH winds. Prone I had to hide behind the pickup to keep the wind from blowing me around. Luckily the wind was calmer down the draw I was shooting into. Which is why the deer were there
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BruceLeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot someone in Iraq. That really far isn't it? </div></div>
YEAH THATS PRETTY FAR

this past June I shot 3 prairie dogs between 904 and 908 yds. First shot missed, very close, next 3 shots were kills. GAP 243 Win shooting 115 dtacs with a 5.5x22x56 Nightforce. Ranged with 2 lasers, mine and the guides.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RODENT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">12' steel disk at 1 mile w/ 300 WSM 208 A-Max. </div></div>

That's impressive. What's your barrel's spec? Do you have it specially throated for the 208 AMAX? Most WSM I know can only take up to 190 grains.

308 (M40A1)
1385 yards (NO BULLSHIT)
5-6 sighter's (Damn thing was ALOT farther away than we thought!)
then 9 for 10...watched the pop-up target drop every time but the last round...it was a silhouette green plastic form, you know the ones shaped like a human torso and head...never went down range to see what the groups were like, and I sure as hell wish I had....