• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Your load for banging steel with .308

Cullenwruth

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
New to reloading. What's yalls favorite .308 load for shooting steel ECONOMICALLY out to around 800yd. This is the load that you can go shoot all day and not feel too guilty about it.

Re: Your load for banging steel with .308

Up at the top of this forum is the "reloading depot". In it are threads for different cartridges. There is one dedicated to 308. It has many, many, many posted loads.

Give it a looksey.

Economical loads usually involve a cheaper bullet. That is really the only place you can save much money. Shooting light charged loads really doesnt save enough powder to make a big difference.

Hornady and sierra bullets seem to be priced right. And they are gooder than hell. You can save a lil on other brands but performance for dollar wont be as good I wouldn't think. Good luck

I dont see how to save any money without picking up brass at the range. If you buy $5 cheaper bullets per box you only save .05 per round. just load up some rounds and have a blast.

I shoot 175g pulled smk's out to 1k and haven't noticed a difference from the regular bullets plus they were alot cheaper!43.5g varget in win cases and tula primers for my 700p. That is my economical load compared to the .50 and .338