• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zermatt TL3 to a muzzle loader (list on #162)

Tossing 300 XLD’s over 102gr of H4895 @3100 26” barrel
Thanks. Did you have any accuracy at lower charges of the 4895?

I am only at 2500 fps right now with 65 grains of h4198 and the 300 XLD and 23" barrel. But I do not have a brake on yet due to unforseen circumstances...so thats as far as was doable for me recoil-wise.

I am also curious if anyone else here has tried different powder such as vv n120 or imr 3031 since it is hard to come by the exact powder guy wants these days.

N120 is a little faster burning than 4198, most go a few grains lower with N120.
3031 is very temp sensitive.

Reactions: Sbenc
I started at 100 gr and went up. Accuracy was great no matter what charge I used. I just stopped at 3100 fps as that’s all I need….actually way more than is needed, but goals and such ha. Worst group was around .4.

I would not go near h4895 without a brake.

Reactions: buggz and Dawhit
I started at 100 gr and went up. Accuracy was great no matter what charge I used. I just stopped at 3100 fps as that’s all I need….actually way more than is needed, but goals and such ha. Worst group was around .4.

I would not go near h4895 without a brake.
Thanks for the info. Are your modules the "hard" alloy ones? I am wondering how to know when pressure gets too high. I noticed arrowhead site says they will not show pressure signs, and the hard alloy is what i received with my barrel. I am thinkin maybe i should order a set of the regular alloy to find a load with

I think y
Thanks for the info. Are your modules the "hard" alloy ones? I am wondering how to know when pressure gets too high. I noticed arrowhead site says they will not show pressure signs, and the hard alloy is what i received with my barrel. I am thinkin maybe i should order a set of the regular alloy to find a load with
I think you will be alright, but I’m not too worried about pressure when you see what some guys are pushing out here and having a 5-6” @1.25”. I’m telling you though, if you’re not a speed chaser then it won’t matter, just don’t go near max. It’s a lot easier to make a ML accurate than a rifle. So many less variables, angles, tensions, seating depths, etc….just toss powders accurately, size your bullets, and seat the same each time and it should hammer. I’ve had a Mcwhorter and now one of these and both are/were boringly accurate. I wouldn’t go over 105 gr with H4895 and check hanks message boards for loads with H4198, lots of info on there for modern smokeless!

I'm shooting a Parker 275 black max with 71 grains of h4198. Getting 2824 and do not use a brake. Mine is not from pva but completely comparable.

Accuracy is definitely easy to find with them.

Another KS public land buck dropped with the PVA Prefit. Liquified the vitals. Might have to build another one ha

AC759E0D-E3D4-41A1-AF9C-47BEAB73C755.png
4E282BD5-F053-4BA4-89C9-F110A01E8995.jpeg

Well I guess I'm wafting for more to come in stock. Hopefully won't take LW or whomever PVA is using 10mo to restock (with this supply chain climate who knows?)

I'll be building one of these on an Origin with an HLR T3 lug. Got an EH1 w/ M5 minichassis at Manners for a couple additions and modifying the barrel channel for this. Got a Hawkins hunter dbm on it so I can spin on another caliber barrel In the meantime. Also mocked up a single shot sled to fit flush(close enough) with a Hawkins hunter DBM. (Pic is the same bottom metal on an LRH).

Photo Feb 01, 10 48 48 PM.jpg

Love to hear more if anyone has had any other experience with them.

Anyone been shooting one of these lately, specifically with a 325 gr bullet? Thinking of going with a 325 and around 100-105 gr of H4895, but wanted to check if anyone else has dabbled with this load combo.

I never posted a pic of the finished product, got it back from LRI around February for fluting and cerakote. I can’t wait for the Kansas Muzzle-stuffer season in September!
64FBE888-3A00-4274-9636-61C0D8DEC241.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm wafting for more to come in stock. Hopefully won't take LW or whomever PVA is using 10mo to restock (with this supply chain climate who knows?)

I'll be building one of these on an Origin with an HLR T3 lug. Got an EH1 w/ M5 minichassis at Manners for a couple additions and modifying the barrel channel for this. Got a Hawkins hunter dbm on it so I can spin on another caliber barrel In the meantime. Also mocked up a single shot sled to fit flush(close enough) with a Hawkins hunter DBM. (Pic is the same bottom metal on an LRH).

View attachment 7800700

Love to hear more if anyone has had any other experience with them.
I have one on an origin, one tip for the origin which i havent seen anybody mention is that you need a super thin wall socket to get to the breech plug through the action. I had to grind one down to get it thin enough. Even ordered the one from arrowhead rifles (which is actually just a craftsman socket) and it was too thick to fit in.

Very nice build. Never went through with my build. Loading primer modules from the bottom seemed awkward after looking at it more and PVA went silent when I asked if I could send them a barrel since they were out of theirs.

Question - any concerns with all the white on the stock for whitetail hunting?

Very nice build. Never went through with my build. Loading primer modules from the bottom seemed awkward after looking at it more and PVA went silent when I asked if I could send them a barrel since they were out of theirs.

Question - any concerns with all the white on the stock for whitetail hunting?

The color isn’t a concern any more than the blaze orange hat and vest I’m required to wear when using it. Both deer that were harvested last year were shot from a blind. I built it for my son to use on a piece of public land during the youth season that doesn’t allow centerfire rifles, he’s 6, so I knew we would be in a blind. I use it late season in three different states that are usually snow covered, it blends right in….just that orange vest and hat……

Anyone been shooting one of these lately, specifically with a 325 gr bullet? Thinking of going with a 325 and around 100-105 gr of H4895, but wanted to check if anyone else has dabbled with this load combo.

I never posted a pic of the finished product, got it back from LRI around February for fluting and cerakote. I can’t wait for the Kansas Muzzle-stuffer season in September!View attachment 7866207
That thing is sexy. What barrel Contour/length did you go with?