• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

I've said it before and I guess I'll re-iterate it again.

Give them time. Introducing a new scope to the market is easy when you go to an OEM and tell them what specs you want. It is really difficult when you are doing it in-house.

I expect the scope to be good, but I am not placing any unreasonable expectations on it and I do not think it is wise to speculate too much on how exactly it will perform.

All the people who are in a rush to buy one, are in a rush because of the people involved. You trust them to make a worthwhile product. Well, how about you give them the time to do it right?

ILya

I don’t think anyone disagrees with your logic on letting them do it right.

I think the anxiety comes from them basically saying they had it just about wrapped up and would be ready by June. What they should have said was we are almost there and we are going to release sometime in the future once we are happy we have an outstanding product.

They also came out and said they were expecting to send the first batch out to dealers and key individuals and gave an approximate date of 30 days. They missed that by quite a bit as well.

So, it’s not the timeframe of the product development that is starting to irritate people. It’s the putting out dates and then not even coming close that does it.

You don’t brag about having the best in the business that already know what it takes to do this, and then miss every single target date you set without people noticing.

Don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Just be honest and say it’s harder than expected to get this thing off the ground and you’re still working f on it.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with your logic on letting them do it right.

I think the anxiety comes from them basically saying they had it just about wrapped up and would be ready by June. What they should have said was we are almost there and we are going to release sometime in the future once we are happy we have an outstanding product.

They also came out and said they were expecting to send the first batch out to dealers and key individuals and gave an approximate date of 30 days. They missed that by quite a bit as well.

So, it’s not the timeframe of the product development that is starting to irritate people. It’s the putting out dates and then not even coming close that does it.

You don’t brag about having the best in the business that already know what it takes to do this, and then miss every single target date you set without people noticing.

Don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Just be honest and say it’s harder than expected to get this thing off the ground and you’re still working f on it.

Sometimes last 1% of the work takes 50% of the time. I doubt they are trying to mislead anyone. Deadlines move. A lot.

ILya

Reactions: MarinePMI
I'm going to sit this one out for a year or so and see what transpires. As much as I would love to be one of the first, I'll let someone else be the guinea pig on this one.

Reactions: toader
I'm going to sit this one out for a year or so and see what transpires. As much as I would love to be one of the first, I'll let someone else be the guinea pig on this one.
I wish I had your resolve, but I too often find myself as the guinea pig on these... because I can't... seem.... to..... help...... myself!

Yeah I hear you. I wish that optic manufacturers had a rental program much like the photography world. I’ve rented 5-10k worth of gear for next to nothing compared to buying it. Of course if you wreck it you own it.

Yeah I hear you. I wish that optic manufacturers had a rental program much like the photography world. I’ve rented 5-10k worth of gear for next to nothing compared to buying it. Of course if you wreck it you own it.
There used to be a shop that rented sport optics, but I can't find them anymore so guessing they are no longer in business. The good news is the resale value of quality glass is pretty good, and if you buy from the classifieds for a good deal, you probably could sell it for less of a loss than renting it would be. Tell you what, if I get a ZC527 early on and decide to keep my Minox, I'll rent out the ZC527 at a weekly rate :)

Reactions: gebhardt02
Look how long the Revic PMR 428 took from concept to production. Give these guys at least the same amount of time.

Reactions: gebhardt02
I'm watching and waiting. I don't buy hype, but all planets are aligning for ZCO to disrupt the industry with a no bullshit performer. I'm a little leary about having to buy another special sized ring set that isn't compatible with anything else I own, but I suppose that's just part of the precision rifle game.

I don't know why I'm so hyped for the ZCO's, maybe it's because Jeff Huber is behind it, maybe it's because Frank freaked out over the pre-release model at SHOT Show (and Frank doesn't freak out about many optics) or maybe it's just because I hope ZCO will be TT quality optically and mechanically but at a price $1000+ less... either way, if I have the money, I'm going to be an early adopter so hopefully when the ZC527's finally do start shipping, I will be in some of the first batches and will compare to my Minox ZP5 5-25x56, but here's the thing, I absolutely love my Minox and think it's the best thing since sliced bread for the price... the MR4 is my favorite reticle right now and at 34oz it comes in under my threshold for my tactical/hunter rifles, I don't see the ZC527 pushing out my Minox, but I am curious to see how it compares overall. The ZCO that has really piqued my interest is the ZC420, I have an affinity for short scopes and have had the Schmidt US 5-20, US 3-20, Tract Toric 4-20, Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 and most recently the Kahles K318i, the K318i is an amazing little scope but I'm hoping the ZC420 is even better.

Sometimes last 1% of the work takes 50% of the time. I doubt they are trying to mislead anyone. Deadlines move. A lot.

ILya

With some of my projects I have undertaken, the Mark 1 product has achieved 95% of what I wanted, but in trying to get to 100% it takes 4 or 5 attempts to get there, with Mark 2, 3, 4 improving aspects but throwing up unexpected issues.

The Tikka T1x has been delayed other 6 months from it's expected due date, but I would rather wait 6 months and have a product that works 100% than one that needs to be sent back for warranty claims.
Just look at the stigma associated with the Steiner TX series, Vortex PST Gen 2 and Burris XTR 2 glass, not to mention Leupold Mark 6!

It only takes a couple of months too get a bad reputation, but can take years to fix it.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I can't believe we are still talking about this. Let them finish the scope in peace. If I couldn't wait any longer for the release another company would surely take my money and I would just move on. Crying about the delay on the internet isn't going to get anyone a scope any faster.

Reactions: bjay
I can't believe we are still talking about this. Let them finish the scope in peace. If I couldn't wait any longer for the release another company would surely take my money and I would just move on. Crying about the delay on the internet isn't going to get anyone a scope any faster.

I do agree. I couldn’t let my AI be bare any longer, my other NF scopes went to other projects. It’ll help me get through the winter month withdrawals until these become available.

Hopefully around April they will be out then I’ll pick one up when I’m in Denver.

With some of my projects I have undertaken, the Mark 1 product has achieved 95% of what I wanted, but in trying to get to 100% it takes 4 or 5 attempts to get there, with Mark 2, 3, 4 improving aspects but throwing up unexpected issues.

The Tikka T1x has been delayed other 6 months from it's expected due date, but I would rather wait 6 months and have a product that works 100% than one that needs to be sent back for warranty claims.
Just look at the stigma associated with the Steiner TX series, Vortex PST Gen 2 and Burris XTR 2 glass, not to mention Leupold Mark 6!

It only takes a couple of months too get a bad reputation, but can take years to fix it.

Glad I just snagged my T1X today from my FFL, now just need a small FFP optic for it. Any suggestions?

Glad I just snagged my T1X today from my FFL, now just need a small FFP optic for it. Any suggestions?

My T1x currently wears a VX6 3-18x44 which is great but I'll likely put a PST Gen 2 on it. Theres a thread in the Rimfire section about what scope for a rimfire and the PST 5-25x50 seems to be very common.
Be a good thread to check out.

So im guessing the next updates will be in 2019?? Man i hope the 4-20 comes out in time for our hunting season down here in hawaii.

Reactions: mattwaage1
So im guessing the next updates will be in 2019?? Man i hope the 4-20 comes out in time for our hunting season down here in hawaii.

Still going after the wild pigs? Or are they open all season?

Maybe at shot show they will have the finished product.Im really looking forward to getting my hands on the 4X20.

Reactions: 808caliber
Pigs, 2 per day, sheep, goats 1 per day limit on public lands open year round.
Here in the states we kill our farm animals differently... jk, couldn't resist. But hunting is a more humane way to kill animals and I bet some ranchers could make some decent money by opening that up, of course PITA (mispelling intentional) folks would have a field day.

Still going after the wild pigs? Or are they open all season?

For pigs im building a 16 inch Nucleus with prob a 1-8 or similar optic. I was hoping to put the zco 4-20 on my goat gun. Goats is aug to oct in a place called makua on Oahu. Other islands get goats all over and sheep / mouflon. Lanai get Deer in like spring time.

I hope they are at shot show with some release date info.Took me a year to save for one.Im ready to buy.

Last edited:
As far as I know none of the scopes have shipped, one of the owners of the company is part of the Hide so I think they would update us right away if they had updated shipping info.

I've followed this thread from afar... But it gives me something to look forward to at shot this next year. I look forward to seeing the scope and NF new mil-xt reticle

Reactions: Patriots1884
What's with the hype on these? Is it because the glass and reticle will be comparative to TT? What features did people see at shot show that made it stand out?

The pedigree of the people behind the scopes started the hype, the features and reticles are added bonuses (add well thought out).

Not sure if I read this correctly but have people paid for these already?

Some dealers took pre orders. I know there were some taking deposits. I’m not sure if any were requiring full payment.

Any that were have since put a hold on taking orders until they are released, and I’m sure either have refunded or given store credit if requested.

@Bkultra What features make it well thought out? I haven't followed this optic at all.

They are not reinventing the wheel, instead they are combining many great features found in multiple different scopes into a single option.

Most of the information you seek can before found on their website and videos from shot show.

Taken from their website:

Right Windage Turret or Left Windage Turret configurations, locking turrets, multiple illumination settings including levels compatible for night vision equipment, fast focus locking diopter, true to indicated parallax adjustment with zero backlash, large adjustment range for elevation and windage travel, built in Return 2 Zero, and easily reset turrets once zeroed. These features are all rolled into a rifle scope only measuring 15.24 inches long and weighing a mere 37.9 ounces.

Is ZCO going to be at SHOT this year?

I’m pretty sure they said they would be and should be in the main area.

Now that they are not setting dates and just saying “we are working on it and will get it as soon as possible,” I’m back on the zcomp train whenever it arrives. I only had an issue with giving out dates an not coming anywhere close to them.

Now that I only need one more optic for my prs/nrl collection. I can hold out for a zcomp if it’s well reviewed at shot and when dealers/testers get it.