• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

It's got crazy good resolution it's certainly on par, you're all asking subjective shit as if my eyesight and your eyesight are the same.

It's got Tier 1 glass, any way you slice it, it's worth the dollars.

I gave you pictures, because through the scope images, even being what they are, a phone held behind a scope by hand, it's a good look.

If you cannot tell by the images, asking me won't make a whole lot of difference. You need a machine to tell the true story, or the real story, however, you want to word it. Just look at the bricks in the wall, you can see the texture.

this picture is pretty damn crispy, or is it sharp as a tack, maybe clear as crystal, how about brightness?

IMG_20190116_151341.jpg

It's got crazy good resolution it's certainly on par, you're all asking subjective shit as if my eyesight and your eyesight are the same.

It's got Tier 1 glass, any way you slice it, it's worth the dollars.

I gave you pictures, because through the scope images, even being what they are, a phone held behind a scope by hand, it's a good look.

If you cannot tell by the images, asking me won't make a whole lot of difference. You need a machine to tell the true story, or the real story, however, you want to word it. Just look at the bricks in the wall, you can see the texture.

this picture is pretty damn crispy, or is it sharp as a tack, maybe clear as crystal, how brightness?

View attachment 7005468

Frank, how would you say the eye box compares to other high end scopes at the upper end of the magnification?

Standing by for feedback on tracking, turret feel, eye box, zero-stop setting and function, auto-off illumination, etc. Glass is subjective. I have no doubt it's "Tier 1," I wanna know how it holds up to use.

All that having been said, if it functions at all as well as it looks, I may have to skip over the new Razor reticle options, break down and sell my TL2, get one of these for my AI, and just run that for awhile!

Looks great having a touch of buyers remorse maybe but there's always that itch for the latest and greatest. I'm interested to see the TT comparisons honestly. It seems like outside of Minox noone has come close to them overall from others opinions be it that of an optical engineer or just an enthusiast.

I am outside checking out the lowlight and it pretty sweet.

The camera is defaulting to flash, but the image is bright and clear still as the sun drops below the horizon.

I will try to get a better pix as one I have sucked, I need to set up two tripods to steady my hand up.

Normally through scope pics are pretty average looking and you can always expect it to look better in person.

If that’s the case here.........holy shit

Yeah, my thoughts. Even though Frank has the shakes and can't freehand a reticle photo like the rest of us professional photography wonders :ROFLMAO:, I could tell resolution was amazing when he said the house was 125y away. I immediately noticed texture on the bricks. That's amazing.

Been a long time since I was as anxious/excited as when I looked at my phone and saw Mile High was calling me. As I was hoping, it was my turn in line. I couldn't dig for the card fast enough. Gonna be a long next couple days waiting for this bad boy to arrive. I've cleared the weekend though.

Reactions: Mile High Shooting
@gebhardt02

At some point are these going to be available with left side windage? If so, does the parallax move to the right side with the illumination?

Also, is this optic pretty much parallax free at a certain point like TT is around 250yds?

Reactions: SAMR
If I saw that correctly, the parallax knob showed at least 600 yards ... that's all that was in the picture that I could see.

If I saw that correctly, the parallax knob showed at least 600 yards ... that's all that was in the picture that I could see.

I’m sure it’s going to go all the way to 1k/infinity.

The TT will move further than 250 on the knob, but is pretty much parallax free past 250.

Looks great having a touch of buyers remorse maybe but there's always that itch for the latest and greatest. I'm interested to see the TT comparisons honestly. It seems like outside of Minox noone has come close to them overall from others opinions be it that of an optical engineer or just an enthusiast.

I dunno. My schmidts more or less equal my minox in terms of resolution and even have better eye box above 20x or so. Neither are quite at the tangent level overall, but really close. Ive had them all side by side by side in many conditions and distances, so I'm not just guessing here. It will be interesting to see how the zco stacks up.

I dunno. My schmidts more or less equal my minox in terms of resolution and even have better eye box above 20x or so. Neither are quite at the tangent level overall, but really close. Ive had them all side by side by side in many conditions and distances, so I'm not just guessing here. It will be interesting to see how the zco stacks up.

I felt the opposite with my minox and schmidts. I feel the glass was easily better and eyebox was a bit better than Schmidt.

Reactions: blbennett1288
I really like the MPCT2. The small gripes I have about he MR4 and SKMR3, the MPCT2 addresses. The glass looks to be top tier.

The only questions I have are about turret feel and parallax adjustment.

I felt the opposite with my minox and schmidts. I feel the glass was easily better and eyebox was a bit better than Schmidt.

I would second lte. The Schmidt and minox are near equals glass wise, but the Schmidt has a noticably bigger eyebox. I don’t really feel this quality is subjective. I had 4 people out with me and everyone agreed the Schmidt, razor and TT had significantly better eye box than the NF and Minox scopes. The glass between the 4 Schmidt’s and 2 Minoxs we have with 5 total people looking through them all felt the glass was a wash looking at targets from 300-1000 yards in full sunlight into sunset. The minox has less (zero) CA, resolution was the same, maybe even a slightest edge to the Schmidt. Depth of field the Schmidt was also slightly better but very very little.

I’m very excited about this ZCO scope and can’t wait to try one out.

Last edited:
I would second lte. The Schmidt and minox are near equals glass wise, but the Schmidt has a noticably bigger eyebox. I don’t really feel this quality is subjective. I had 4 people out with me and everyone agreed the Schmidt, razor and TT had significantly better eye box than the NF and Minox scopes. The glass between the 4 Schmidt’s and 2 Minoxs we have with 5 total people looking through them all felt the glass was a wash looking at targets from 300-1000 yards in full sunlight into sunset. The minox has zero CA, resolution was the same, maybe even a slightest edge to the Schmidt. Depth of field the Schmidt was also slightly better but very very little.

I’m very excited about this ZCO scope and can’t wait to try one out.

If it wasn’t subjective, there wouldn’t be so many opinions.

Several of us that tested them found the minox to be better with eyebox. The Minox I owned had a better eyebox then the gen 2 razors I’ve owned.

Several of us that tested them found the minox to be better with eyebox. The Minox I owned had a better eyebox then the gen 2 razors I’ve owned.

We should meet up at a match soon. I’d love to check yours out and see how it compares. Amazing minox can make scopes that are so nice and others that are pieces of shit. The one I owned before had god awful turrets and the glass was like razor level. The one I have now is night and day better and def an “alpha” level scope. I have several Schmidt’s and a friend has a tangent we could compare side by side with as well. Would be pretty imteresting to see if we still had different conclusions.

Anyways back on topic to ZCO...

He was comparing a minox to a schmidt in terms of eyebox. I would agree that the minox eyebox is similar to; maybe better than a razor. which is decent enough, but i think its hard to say a schmidt does not have a forgiving eyebox. Best of all sitting there easily.

i think glass comparisons are more objective than people chalk it up to. Especially in this sort of environment. Takes a good hour to settle in to what you're looking for. But at the end of it - stretching it out to distance makes alpha glass alpha from the scopes I own (and now sold).

I bet ZCO is going to take off - they are already shot headliner two years in a row.

fullsizeoutput_340a.jpeg

We should meet up at a match soon. I’d love to check yours out and see how it compares. Amazing minox can make scopes that are so nice and others that are pieces of shit. The one I owned before had god awful turrets and the glass was like razor level. The one I have now is night and day better and def an “alpha” level scope. I have several Schmidt’s and a friend has a tangent we could compare side by side with as well. Would be pretty imteresting to see if we still had different conclusions.

Anyways back on topic to ZCO...

I don’t own mine anymore. Another member here does. And I agree, minox seems to be a love it or hate it. Makes one wonder about their production at times. Every minox thread has both sides of the coin.

Reactions: MPR
Ya there are big differences in turrets and glass on the minox examples I've seen. The newer white box ones seem to be the best overall, but there are still good older ones out there. Mine has a really early serial and is excellent, glass is very good and turrets are tactile / clicky. I've seen later serials though that have mushy turrets and one with glass that honestly wasn't much better than a razor 2. I think the Schmidts qc and consistency is better in that regard. I think between me and a couple buddies we own 8 PMiis and only one of them has noticeable optical differences (more CA than the others). Weve had three Minox and they are all different. Neither have CA, but resolution is hit or miss. I think this is why there is so much variance in the reviews. It's not that glass quality is really subjective, it's that some of these scopes are in fact very different.

Ya there are big differences in turrets and glass on the minox examples I've seen. The newer white box ones seem to be the best overall, but there are still good older ones out there. Mine has a really early serial and is excellent, glass is very good and turrets are tactile / clicky. I've seen later serials though that have mushy turrets and one with glass that honestly wasn't much better than a razor 2. I think the Schmidts qc and consistency is better in that regard. I think between me and a couple buddies we own 8 PMiis and only one of them has noticeable optical differences (more CA than the others). Weve had three Minox and they are all different. Neither have CA, but resolution is hit or miss. I think this is why there is so much variance in the reviews. It's not that glass quality is really subjective, it's that some of these scopes are in fact very different.

I have owned 8 of the ZP5 optics. From serial 30 to in the 600s. I have 4 that are in the low 100s that are identical in turret feel and overall function. The latest Mr4 I have has slight mush when dialing back down. All the earlier models I have are very tactile and perfect dialing up and down.

The 30 serial and the mid 30s ones I own are hard into second rev much more so then the 100s, 200, 400, 600 serials. The parallax is the smoothest on the latest 600. Same with the power ring. Smoothest.

So yes you are correct that they are different. The glass on all have been fantastic. But slight feel differences are noticed.

I think this sums up the whole minox conversation. Why is resale bad? Well you roll the dice with them.

Reactions: blbennett1288
Im just wondering how smooth is the magnification lever to turn.

Ive never wanted to spend $3700 more on a scope. Who needs a kidney? I’m young and helathy. It’ll be a good kidney I promise

I have to ask... Why on earth did they put ONE half mil hash mark in the reticle? The whole thing is .2 except that. Like WTF? Just to confuse people on the first mil wind hold? lol

Is there any word on how the re-zero of a ZCO scope works? I didn't see any videos or write-ups of that and I'm curious, since in terms of resetting the zero and zero stop so far TT is the absolute best of anyone on the market by making it super easy and tool free.

Is there any word on how the re-zero of a ZCO scope works? I didn't see any videos or write-ups of that and I'm curious, since in terms of resetting the zero and zero stop so far TT is the absolute best of anyone on the market by making it super easy and tool free.
Loosen the 2 set screws, rotate the knob back to zero. If you are on the 2nd rev, the turn brings the indicator down. The zero stop appears to be solid at .4 or .5 under zero. SIMPLE.

Reactions: scorpio 25
I have to ask... Why on earth did they put ONE half mil hash mark in the reticle? The whole thing is .2 except that. Like WTF? Just to confuse people on the first mil wind hold? lol

There is still the 0.2 mil hold points below. We added the 0.5 mil point above as an easier quick reference if desired. And it doesn't clutter up the image at all.

One other benefit of having the 0.5 mil point above is that reticle ranging for the width of a target can be done right at the center of the FOV as opposed to going out to 4 mils. You have a 0.1 mil break down from the 0.4 to the 0.5 mil. You can keep going with a 0.1 mil resolution scale as needed, again right at the center of the FOV.