• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero stop shim sets for SWFA Super Sniper scopes

Another satisfied customer here with the 3-15x42.

Tim,

So to clarify, which scopes have a voided warranty by using the shims, and which don’t?

Also wondered about an updated status on shipping the shims outside of the US. Thanks.

I have had a set of these on my SS 12X42 MOA for about 3 months now and they are awesome. Just ordered a 3-15X42 MOA and ordered another set the same day. The only thing that the SWFA scopes needed was a zero stop....and now I have that for $22, awesome!

My zero stop kit arrived today and it is super easy to install. I followed the instruction in the video and it works like champ returning to zero.

Received mine on put them on this weekend. Easy as pie. Worked perfect.
The one aspect I felt was missing from my SWFA scopes is now fixed!

Sent order... is there a set for the SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 ?
I believe he sells a set, but SWFA says it will void your warranty. I have an SWFA HD 5-20 and I passed due to SWFA saying they aren't recommended. They allowed it for all of the rest of their scopes, so I think they see something in the 5-20 HD that makes them worry that they could damage the scope. Not worth the risk IMHO.

Reactions: bjay
True about the 5-20. SWFA doesn't like the stops on that one scope. Truth is, there are a lot of them out there running the stops with no issues. It seems that as long as you're kind to the turret and don't bang it down with high torque against the stops all is well. You know, treat it like the precision optical instrument that it is!

Tim - sorry about just getting around to writing a thank you but I ordered the shims for the 12x back in February and installed them in about 5 minutes. super easy install and they work like a charm. just started shooting matches for the first time this year and these have been a god send.

I can't recommend these enough and thank you for making them!

Crazy week. I'm a dyed in the wool NF fan, but this week I bought a Bushnell and an SWFA. The Bushy is very nice, and I have high hopes for the SWFA, probably going to put it on a .22. Ordered a set of the shims today, got a fast response email from Tim. Looking forward to trying them out.

Bought a set of shims for the SS HD 10x42 I have coming. Tim gave me a heads up that shipping could be squirrelly and could take up to two weeks. I got the shim set in 3 days. Outstanding. Waiting on my scope so I can put these to good use. Will update with my findings once I have them installed.

David

Mine arrived in 3 days as well, great service. My scope arrived today too, and I will hopefully get it mounted and zero'd shortly. Looks good so far.

Zero'd my scope today. Tried to remember the instructions I watched last week on how to install the shims. Worked out perfectly, and now my scope has .4 below zero. I actually prefer 1-2 mils below zero, but .5 is what I used to go with, so .4, after one try, seems just fine to me. The shims are nicely finished and labeled clearly, which I really appreciate. If i get another SWFA scope, I will definitely get another shim kit. Good stuff at a fair price.

SLG, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the SWFA scope after you get some time behind it. Which model did you order?

SLG, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the SWFA scope after you get some time behind it. Which model did you order?
I have the 3-15 SFP mil/mil, as well as the 5-20 FFP mil/mil. Sounds like I'm out of luck on the zero stop for the 5-20:-(

The 3-15 is on a CZ 452. It's almost perfect for that role. I don't yet compete with that gun, so 15X allows me to do everything I want out to about 337 yards. At that distance, the only viable .22 target I really have is a 10" plate, so the mag is not really an issue. The center dot is smaller than a .22 hole, so it is very precise up close. So far, it tracks very well, and the glass is really quite good for such an inexpensive scope.
I could really do without the center diamond, and some of the subtensions are less than intuitive, but again, its an inexpensive scope and it is a bit dated. Overall, I'm very happy with it, though it may get moved to a .22 AR, and I may try a Midas on the CZ.

I would put an SHV 5-20 on it in a heartbeat if they did a mil/mil version, but they don't.

I also wish NF would be less stingy with Mil reticles on the SHV line.

I'm also looking for a decent Mil/Mil option for a 452. Do you have any bolt clearance issues with the 3-15? Or are you running tall rings with some kind of cheek riser?

I also wish NF would be less stingy with Mil reticles on the SHV line.

I'm also looking for a decent Mil/Mil option for a 452. Do you have any bolt clearance issues with the 3-15? Or are you running tall rings with some kind of cheek riser?

No clearance issues at all, and I'm running very low rings, since the 419 rail already sets fairly high. The SWFA reticles are fairly primitive, but I think highly of the SFP 3-15, especially for .22 use. I do use a cheek pad, with some foam under it though.

New to this site. I got 2 set of these shims from Tim. 10x 42 and a 16x42 SWFA SS. They were easy to put in place and work well. Tim was very responsive to my questions. Will be putting more of these scopes on my rifles now that a zero stop solution is available.
Rick r

Interesting news. Skylar at SWFA has declared the stops for the 5-20 as good to go now. Use of them will NO LONGER void your warranty.

Thanks Skylar!

And this is exactly the news I was waiting to hear. ORDER PLACED!

This is a great idea loved my 5x20 HD but hated getting lost in the turrets. If I had mine still I would have def grabbed these it was a great piece of glass. Kudos!