• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero stop shim sets for SWFA Super Sniper scopes

I ordered a set of these on Sunday evening and this morning I got an e-mail saying they would ship today. :)

Tim just sent money for the 5-20hd
I didn't include detail on if its for moa or mil.then realized they only come with mil mil on those scopes...good deal!

Emailed Tim prior to ordering shims, really nice guy and helped me out. Kit came faster than expected and was a breeze to install. if you ate thinking about getting a kit, thinl not further, just order it! Well worth the money and you will be very pleased.

I ordered a set of these on Sunday evening and this morning I got an e-mail saying they would ship today. :)

These came in the mail today. It only took a few minutes to install. The different thicknesses are brilliant. Only took a few minutes to get exactly what I wanted so I have a few clicks available below zero.

Tim, a shout out. Thanks for the Stop for the HD 5-20, worked perfect and helping me fix my buds fixed 12 with the over rotation.

Thanks

Ken

Just want to echo all the other positive comments. The shims really add the finishing touch to the SS scopes. High quality, super fast shipping, and Tim is a stand up guy as well! Highly recommend them!

Tim,

Thanks for sending these out so quickly... I just got the shims for the SWFA SS 3-15x42 scope and watched your install video where you state there are 6 total shims (3,2,1,1/2 and 2x 1/4). My kit only had 5 shims instead of 6. The 5 shims are labeled 2, 1, +1, +1/2, and +1/4 where the 1 and the +1 are significantly different thicknesses. I am assuming the thicker shims labeled 2 and 1 are full turret revolutions and the +1, +1/2 and +1/4 are Mil equivalents.

Are my assumptions above correct?

Did I get the full kit for the 3-15x42 or am I missing any shims?

I am giving these to a friend as a gift and want to make sure I've gotten the complete set for the 3-15 before giving it to him.

I'd like to suggest a summary of the kit contents be made (scope kit is for, shim labeling description, and quantity of each shim type included) part of the contents of the glassine envelope sent out with each shim kit ... you could probably get nine copies of these content descriptions on each 8-1/2x11" sheet. This would make it easy for your customers to confirm they'd gotten what was ordered and avoid confusion.

Cheers,

Just want to say these are great and pretty much a must for the swfa scopes if you are running the turrets. I have them on all my swfa scopes.

Thanks Tim for the great product.

Can anyone add any insight to the questions regarding a 3-15x42 shim set I had on post #112 above?

You received the correct contents. We've changed what we send, but haven't updated the video.

Your assumption about the labeling is incorrect. You must use one or the other of the two thick shims. They are thick because they take up some dead space in the turret. The shim labeled "1" takes up the dead space plus one revolution. The shim labeled "2" takes up the dead space plus two revs. Use the thinner shims with a "+" before the number to fine tune where the turret stops. They are labeled not in mils, but in revolutions.

Tim, thanks for the reply confirming the kit is complete as received. Your explanation clears up my confusion. Have a nice day.

I have two swfa 5-20's and I just finished putting these zero stops on both of them. They worked perfect!! Thanks Tim. Shipping was faster than you quoted and the price was great.

Reactions: demolitionman
I installed the shims on my SWFA fixed 10x today. Fantastic. Just a little trial and error using the different shims and got it dialed in just right. Many thanks for offering these.

Just bought set of the shims for my 10x42 S.S., works perfectly. Easy to install, could not be happier.
Thanks

We've changed the configuration of the MOA sets. We were having about 1 in 10 customers who did not have enough shims in the kit to get a good stop at the correct point. We've changed one of the shims, doubling the thickness to go from a +1 to a +2, thus increasing our range by one full revolution of the turret. I suspect this should eliminate the issue.

Well, the first set couldn't have worked better and after my recent SWFA Black Friday indulgence, I have ordered a couple more. Thanks again, Tim!

Need a couple sets for my non hd 1-4x scopes. Shot a 5k run and gun yesterday and got to first stage and couldn't hit a 100 yd steel. Never moved a turret before while running but something happened this time and got my elevation all out of whack. Zeroed rifle under moa the weekend before so I knew it was good.

This is the classic 1-4x has the same turrets as the fixed scopes just shorter design. When I measured the turret zeroed and then bottomed out I would need a .075 shim. The +1 and +.5 of my fixed power shim set give me the .070 I would need.

Just saw you're in Woodland Park Tim, that's awesome. I spent my childhood going back and forth between Castle Rock and Lake George -- Woodland was always a stop along the way and City Market the closest good spot for groceries when we were in LkGeo. Too cool :)

I would like to order via check, I just wanted to confirm the mailing address on post 1 is still accurate.

Any other scopes you guys would be interested in?
How about the Sightron SIII?

It seems that the guy who was making a zero stop for that scope quit selling them around the first of the year. Here's a video link that describes what he made:

Sightron is supposed to be offering their new zero stop turrets as an upgrade to existing scopes, but it appears that it will require a new shorter turret top to work. Besides the expense involved with that, some of us like our existing turrets or have already spent the money to buy their accessory tactical turrets, so an inexpensive shim stop alternative might still be viable.

Just sent in an order for the 5-20 I have on the way from SWFA. Thanks in advance Tim! This solves the single downside I had in my mind for this optic!

Got my shims yesterday. Took exactly 1 week from order date. I installed them on my 5-20x50 HD SWFA SS scope today. They installed easily and the fit is perfect. Work exactly as advertised.

Thanks Tim!

I ordered 2 of the 3-15 and 1 fixed. Can't tell them apart and they're not labeled. Am I dumb? Are they all the same?

Last July I sent Tim a message about loaning him my Sightron to see if he could make some shims for it, but I never heard back from him. At that time, I just thought he wasn't interested. Has he not sent out any shims lately?

My order in July was filled, but I never actually heard from him/got shipping confirmation or anything etc.