• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 1-?x optic for M1A Scout??

falz24

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2011
The M1A scout, to me, is a dual purpose rifle. It serves as a battle rifle but really has the potential to reach out further too. I want an optic that reflects this. Maybe starts at 1x but goes a little higher than 4x like that leupold tactical scope. Maybe 1-5 or hopefully more. Preferably something in the $500 range. No more than $1000. Ideas???? I want to use a smith enterprise scope mount and remove the scout mount. So I would have the freedom to use any kind of scope

I really like the swfa 3-9x and the price is right. But 3x is too powerful. The US optics SN3 1.8-10 sounds great but the price is wrong....

Any input would be appreciated!!!

Re: 1-?x optic for M1A Scout??

If you're mounting an optic on a M1A Scout, you'll need a lot of eye relief in order to take advantage of the Scout mount. You could use an EOTech and attach a magnifier or use a fixed power ACOG. Either one of those has an unlimited amount of eye relief. If neither of those sound good you'll need to look at scopes designed for pistols and Leupold makes a variety of those.
It will be hard to make your $500 price range with an extended eye relief optic, but the pistol scopes would probably best fit your price.

Re: 1-?x optic for M1A Scout??

Sorry I wasn't clear. I want to use a smith enterprise scope mount instead and remove the scout mount. So I would have the freedom to use any kind of scope