• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

130 VLD's in a 9 twist

horsedr

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2012
Oklahoma
Looking for a little advice here. I have a 260 with a 25" 9 twist barrel. I have tried working up a load with 130 Berger VLD's, touching the lands over Ramshot Hunter, and the best group I could get was 1.5 MOA at 200 yards. I was wondering if anybody has had any success getting these bullets to shoot from a 9 twist barrel and if they have, please share load data. OR if you think I'm wasting time and money with these bullets in this barrel, please tell me! Thanks

I have used 130gr JLK's in a 9 twist, 21" Krieger chambered in 6.5x47L at roughly 1'k D.A., 2800fps MV. They shot great, clearly stable. The 130gr JLK is 1.325" OAL however, considerably shorter than the 130gr Berger at 1.400" (I believe that is the Berger OAL). Good luck getting your 9 twist to shoot the 130gr's... it is possible, but perhaps with a different bullet.