• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

168gr vs 175gr .308 POI crossover

Thediscgolfkid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Benicia, CA
Well I looked all over the net for this but couldn't find it so I decided to be the first!

So, I've only attempted at 100yds so far... But the poi of both loads is the same at that range. I have the drop chart taped to my stock (of each load, FGMM 168 and 175) out to 900 yds. At 900, the poi of the 168gr hit at 32.2 moa of elevation. The 175gr hit at 32.5 moa of elevation (20" sps tactical). Just wanted to see if you guys got about the same or near calculations :)

I can't remember all the variables I chose, but I got the FPS of each cartridge equated into the mix, with 2000' in elevation, I think 65 degrees F, and a 2.0" scope height (center of the barrel to center of the scope).

Btw this is with a 100yd zero... I have to drive 2-3 hours to get to the Folsom shooting range, so I haven't had a chance to go yet ;)