• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2.5-10x24 FC2 Versus NP-1 for feral Pig shooting

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
What reticle would be best for this kind of shooting in your guys opinions. Rifle will be an AIA M10 B1 .308 (Modernized Lee Enfield).

Sought of would not mind trying the FC2 and reckon it would work really well on pigs etc.

Re: 2.5-10x24 FC2 Versus NP-1 for feral Pig shooting

Both are excellent hunting reticles, but the FC-2 should help with quick target aquisition.

I have (3) 2.5-10 NF scopes, and my next NF will have the FC-2 reticle.

I worry dot substension is a little course.....this morning am thinking the NP-1 might be the right reticle for me.

The dot is 1.5moa in the 2.5-10 scopes. This is obviously too large for target shooting, but great for close range hunting, IMHO.

On the other end of the spectrum is the NP-R2 reticle. I am not sure why they offer this reticle in the 2.5-10 scopes. I looked through one, and the lines were extremely fine. You could barely pick them up on dark objects.

Thanks folks,

I think either the NP-1 or FC2 will work leaning toward NP-1

For those interested I chose the FC2 this is for running game out to 200 yards the odd 300 yard shot so I thought it would be good for this.

Excellent choice...I have the FC-2 in a 2.5-10x24 on an 18" AR-10 for my hog gun and it is perfect. Great for running shots and quick target acquisition. It should serve you well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent choice...I have the FC-2 in a 2.5-10x24 on an 18" AR-10 for my hog gun and it is perfect. Great for running shots and quick target acquisition. It should serve you well. </div></div>

Oh what Id Give to have autos................a Fully pimped out M14 Springfield one of those socom's and 20 shot mags the amount of game I could wack with one of those would be awsome !!

Friend and I do pretty well with our marlin 45/70's topped with aimpoints and stoked up with 300 gr Hollowpoints tears them a new one here is a pic of a reasonable boar shot recently on a trip North. Bullet is a locally made 300 gr Hollow point "coffee Cup"
laugh.gif

LuckyWallace.jpg

here is another;

BoarUnderBrush.jpg

as you know we cant have autos here.............so I have to make do with an AIA M10 B1 a newly manufactured modernized lee Enfeild that takes M14 mags in .308 still a cool rifle IMHO and this NXS will suit it well.