• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 20 min. Base for Sako action

ghostinthewoods

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
ut
I'm looking for a good 20 min base for Sako action. I've been using seekins but they don't make one. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Believe it or not, Talley actually makes them. We have one more in stock if you want it. I'm not too sure which other manufacturers make them.

Would a Tikka T-3 base fit a Sako? Mountain Tactical makes them, so if so, that may be an option...

An insider tip: Sako Optilock mount. The rings have plastic inlays which can rotate some degrees to compensate for uneven bases. If you put a thin shim between the Optilock base and rings, you can customize your cant.
I plan to do just this with my CTR. The scope is a Kahles CBX 3-12x56 FFP reticle 4, elevation max 125cm/100m. Too little elevation for a 20MOA cant, I want to stay near the optical center with my everyday zero (100m zero) for good low light performance. And I want to be abe to click it up to 700m, the max practical range for the .308 in my opinion.
The solution for this excercise in compromising is a 0,15mm bronze shim under the rear-ring.
BTW, I like to optimise/alter/tinker my equipment.

If it is a regular Sako dovetail the 20 near will have to be drilled and tapped....I'd stay away from the 3 piece picatinneys. Ior picatinny and a Burris signature rings with 20 Mia inserts will also work but scope mounting options are limited plus will sit higher than you will like. .

I have a custom rail made here in NZ by Waitaki Engineering on my Sako 85; I had the top of the action drilled and tapped to fit. It's a good solution if you don't mind having a couple of holes in your action - presumably the Near Mfg etc are similar. Roedale Precision in Germany make a lightweight aluminium rail that slides onto the dovetails if you don't want to drill and tap.