• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 Sniper's Hide Fantasy Football

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
I checked with el Comandante, and he gave me the okay to seek interest from the members. Anyone interested in joining a Sniper's Hide Fantasy Football league? I'm willing set up a league on Yahoo or ESPN and password restrict entries to Hide members. Reply here and if we have enough interest, I'll get things rolling. 10 or 12 entries would make a good start.

It'll be free to join, so top prize gets talk sh!t rights and we'll have to come up with a Hide Trophy.

Re: 2012 Sniper's Hide Fantasy Football

I'd give it a go
smile.gif

Hell, I'll do it. PM me the details of the league.

Having won several leagues over the past 10 years, count me in for this, ESPN works the best for me,

Bill

It's great to have a solid response. I now need a total number of teams before I can create the league, so I'll leave it open to entries for a little while longer.

Thanks!

I'm in if there's still room.

Oh if this would only fit!! "Tyrann Mathieu's School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to do Other Things Good Too"

What's the latest on this? Let's make this happen. If nothing else, we'll get to talk some shit and liven up the Sports forum!

I'll do the final head count on Friday, so that I can get it set. Looks like we have enough to make this fun.

Myself and 25man are going to be team SWAG if thats ok?

We should have 14 participants, which will make for a good league.

The league is not public & the auto draft occurs on the 4th of July. Let the smack talk begin.

Everyone who showed interest should have received an email (to the email address listed in your profile) with a league invite.

I need an email address for :
Bass Ackwardz
Gits

Shoot me a PM with your email address, please.

ACE is right I have been in enough leagues over the years to where people say they are in and just decide not to get involved...unless they have to pay to play :)

If I may suggest that if people do not register the night before the draft (since it is a 5am draft start time) they are most likely not going to get involved...might want to consider consolidating the league by removing the non participants. This way there is no non-playing teams taking good players out of the pool for those of us playing.

I get its for fun but even playing against these teams is not fun since no one is managing them...lol and rosters don't get set, players dont get benched in bi-weeks or taken out due to injury...easy wins sure but rather play against someone and keep the league more competitive.

Just a suggestion to keep it more competitive and fun

Team SAUM is all registered and ready to roll!

Thanks for setting this up.

I'm with you. If a team hasn't been registered by tomorrow evening, they will be removed. I'd rather have a smaller pool of active teams.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2c3Y2i-1mD0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2c3Y2i-1mD0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

looks like we are 8/14. I agree. 10 FF people are about critical mass anyways IMO as far as the competitive pool of active foorball players.

With the draft happening tomorrow morning, I'm making the last call for those who initially showed interest in this league. If your team hasn't been created by this evening, I'm going to cull those unregistered teams.

No hard feelings intended, just moving on with the league.

I've been playing FF for 16 years, and have never heard of a draft starting this early. What's the reason for that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the draft happening tomorrow morning, I'm making the last call for those who initially showed interest in this league. If your team hasn't been created by this evening, I'm going to cull those unregistered teams.

No hard feelings intended, just moving on with the league. </div></div>

Can't the league get a vote to set a draft day? It seems a bit early, why not even have the option to vote for a live draft?

I'm actually fairly pleased with the autodraft. I don't think I could have done a much better job if it had been live. Besides, you never really know who's going to break out and have that Arian Foster-style season.

Let the fun begin... Karzai's Revenge FTW!

Please let me know if there is still room.... We tried this last year and only 4 of us signed up...
laugh.gif

I'm good with what I've got. But if the majority want a "redo" for the draft (live or auto) I'm fine with that too. If guys think their draft sucks, start proposing trades. That's were things get interesting anyway. Thanks to GardDog for getting this together.

I would not be good with a redo... start trading if you don't like who you've got. Frankly, I've had more success choosing the right matchups than getting the draft right at the beginning of the season.

What do you guy think I was just messing around with custom ink.com. The flag would be on the sleeve ...

m7dw93.jpg

2hplw88.jpg

I can't wait. Fantasy Football always makes Sundays more fun.

For those of you with an iPad, ESPN has free fantasy football app that is pretty nice.

I did great benching RG3 and starting Big Ben from the Steelers... duh... Who knew that he'd wear out the Saints in his debut?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I never heard of C.J. Spiller before, that has to be the worst drop of the year
frown.gif
</div></div>
Yeah, thanks for that one. And I guess I should say thanks for sending the Griz down here to get beat by App State too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mtneer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I never heard of C.J. Spiller before, that has to be the worst drop of the year
frown.gif
</div></div>
Yeah, thanks for that one. And I guess I should say thanks for sending the Griz down here to get beat by App State too.</div></div>

Haha, I am a Bobcat fan, so I'm not overly hurt by the Griz loss. We probably won't see Appalachian State until the playoff is that happens.
laugh.gif
Looks like you're off to an awesome start in the fantasy league!

Well, my fantasy baseball team got a bye for week one (Ranked #2 of 12 on a Yahoo public league) and I had hopes for playoff week two......... Let's just say that I won't make week three and can focus soley on football. Geeez, my picthing tanked at the end of this run.

Playing Rodgers in this league and against the SEA DEF, (and Benson and Nelson).

Playing against Rodgers and the GB DEF in another league.
eek.gif

GO PACK!!! GB Packer Football Time!

Dude....... How did Carolina hold RG3 to 13 fantasy points? He was averaging 21 this season.... I can't catch a break...

I know the feeling. I'm getting crushed by Team Honey Badger. This is nothing short of an old fashioned ass whupping. Well, there's always next week.