• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 - Big Dog Steel Challenge @ K&M Shooting Center Feb. 22

Hey guys, maybe it is because I'm snowed in and retreating to the reloading room for a little R&R, or maybe I'm thinking about spring cleaning...Either way its time to purge a little and get rid of some of the bullets, primers and powders I'm not likely to use in the near future. So here it is, I'd like to bring the following list to the match. If you are a registered competitor and intersted in picking up any of the following at the match, please shoot me a PM saying that you want the following and I will bring it down to the match for you. Prices should be fair and obviously there's no shipping.

List:

(1) 1K box of CCI 250 Magnum Primers @ $33

(4) 100 count boxes of 175gr, 7mm SMK's. (3) unopened & (1) opened @ $115

(5) 100 count boxes of Berger 168gr, 7mm Target VLD's, matching lot, all unopened @ $200

(1) 100 count box of Berger 180gr, 7mm Target VLD's, unopened @$40

(2) 1lb containers of Retumbo, matching lot, unopened @ $40

(1) 5lb container opened + (1) partial opened one pound container of RL22 @ $100. I believe the 5lb container is opened but unused @ $100...I can double check total weight on our postal scale

Approx. 200 pieces Winchester 7mm RM, 70-80 pieces are virgin/50 are match prepped. Also have a large ziploc gallon size bag of 2x and 3x 7mmRM Nosler Brass. Some of the 3x has loose primer pockets. Plenty of brass life left if you have a base die or are willing to sort through them @ $30 for it all.

That's the list for now! It may grow as I dig deeper into the back of the shelves.

Last edited:
Ryan,
I'll take the RL-22 if you can hold it till the match. I will pick it up there to save shipping.

Last edited:
I'm in. I didn't pay attention to the number still available or if I was on a list.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Guys, I probably should have posted this a while ago...The match is Sold Out. At this time we are not looking at adding a wait list. Rest assured if you registered on our website you have a spot, T-shirt, lunch, drinks, etc. Round count is safe at 50 rounds of pistol and 120 rounds of rifle. You may want to bring a few extra rounds of pistol just in case as our round count for pistol is right at 50. If you are short, KM Shooting Center does have 9mm, 40 and 45acp available from load-up ammunition. Contact Bryan for pricing.

If you are registered for the match and did not get a promo code, or need a promo code, please shoot me an email - [email protected] PLEASE have all promo code orders in this week so we can make sure we can get your targets down to you in time for the match.

The Course of Fire is done and we are bringing in some brand new obstacles, *cough* schoolbus *cough* and moving around a great deal of targets to make this match truly one of a kind. I cannot thank Bryan Morgan and K&M Shooting Center enough for helping to pull this all together. I honestly cannot imagine anyone else putting up with all my insanity as well as Bryan has. If you are within a few hours of K&M and not a member, you are doing yourself a huge disservice, best facility bar-none in this part of the country. You guys are in for a great match!

Edit- The range will be available for some shooting after the match. If you want to train on the movers or a certain obstacle, shoot house, cars, etc. KM Shooting Center has agreed to let us shoot for a little while after the match. So bring a few extra rounds if you want to hang out and bang steel.

Last edited:
Everyone may want to bring a few extra rounds of pistol, 50 is needed, 60 would be a good. I want to post this again to make sure you guys see it. We are sitting right at 50 rounds of pistol, if you have a dud or malfunction you will be one short. You guys will be shooting our new "Hexx" target for pistols and it will more than likely steal all your pistol ammo. It is addicting!

170 squeezes in one day....and its my birthday this weekend. I'm so excited I'm gonna shoot in my birthday suit.

See you all there! And you'll be seeing a lot more of me.

When I looked it up it said 71 and partly cloudy, 20% chance of rain.. I don't mind cloudy and 71 one but at all. Just keep the wet stuff away.

When I looked it up it said 71 and partly cloudy, 20% chance of rain.. I don't mind cloudy and 71 one but at all. Just keep the wet stuff away.

That'll work. Thanx. If they're as accurate as FL east coast weather I'll plan for 80% chance for crap wx and should be OK

We will be leaving Birmingham around 4am Saturday morning so see everyone there bright and early! I'm looking forward to shooting down there and trying my best not to come in last :)

I had an absolute blast this weekend at the match. Big Dog Steel pulled off a great, challenging, and friendly competition. As always K&M did a stellar job, with this being one of the best shooting facilities in the nation.

My hats off to all the RO's and for all, behind-the-scene people. Without you guys these matches wouldn't run, so thank you x1000000000.

It was great to see all the normal faces and see a lot of new faces. There was a lot of great talent here and it showed. Congrats to the top finishers and Dustin Morris on his win. I hope Big Dog Steel decides to run this at least once a year. If so count me in.

I 2nd what David said. Good fun match that made you think about some fundamentals in some place.....and outlined some of us *cough* David *cough* need to work on pistol shots :)

Well put snyper! I think everyone has been to worn out to respond, but what a great shoot.

A nice challenging course of fire that was not too frustratingly hard. I learned that I really need to work on my shooting from school buses.

Thanks to everybody that worked hard on this match. Putting out steel and checking targets. Picking up steel and hauling it back to Bryan's back yard, or where ever the hell it goes when we're done.

Bryan, please give Misty a big hug from all of us because she went above and beyond.

Ryan, let's do this again, soon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Fun match but you can throw that damn star thing out of the back of a moving truck though or I guess I'll just have to be ready for it next time :) more pistol practice and less rifle for me for a little while..

I had a great time. This was a very well run and thought out match. Everyone who did not step up and sign up, really missed out. Thanks to Ryan, the KM staff and all the RO's for a great time and a safe match. I will be back..
Rob

Bryan, please give Misty a big hug from all of us because she went above and beyond.

+1 This was a fantastic match! A huge thanks due to Ryan, Bryan, Misty and all the RO's who went above and beyond to make it happen. Special thanks to Scott S. who might have set a new record for coming the longest way to support/RO a match! It was great to see you bro! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Congrats to Dustin on the suprise win:) Its always great to spend time with the Morris folks and the people they bring to the matches!

I greatly appreciate Bryan, Misty, Ryan and the RO's! It was a fantastic match.

It was great watch and learn from the reigning champ. Good shoot'n Dustin, you slayed it!

It was good to get some new looks at K&M. I really love the new Hex target Ryan made....very addicting. A must for any range *cough*K&M*cough*.

Well put snyper! I think everyone has been to worn out to respond, but what a great shoot.

A nice challenging course of fire that was not too frustratingly hard. I learned that I really need to work on my shooting from school buses.

Thanks to everybody that worked hard on this match. Putting out steel and checking targets. Picking up steel and hauling it back to Bryan's back yard, or where ever the hell it goes when we're done.

Ryan, let's do this again, soon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That school bus turned out to be harder than it first looked. Also, did you get your TAB rear bag back? At first I thought you had donated a second one to Mike.

Even though I skunked a few stages pretty badly (including 3 I shouldn't have), I still had a good time, and I learned a lot from the stages I did badly on. That hex target pissed me off pretty badly, though. I was also pleasantly surprised to see so many other people slinging 308's at the match, so I didn't feel too horribly out-gunned for my first time out.

Hopefully I will see a few of you folks at the PRC in a couple months. I won't be shooting that one, but I will be helping with RO duties. I'm still planning to shoot the ProAm this fall, and now I know a lot more of what I need to work on.

I appreciate all the hard work and time that every one put into such a great match. Thank you all! Ryan,Bryan,Misty and all the RO's. We all know how much of yourselves is poured into these matches. It shows every time. I really enjoyed the course of fire and the smoothness in which it flowed. Most of all enjoyed meeting and shooting with so many great people. Looking forward to doing it again.

This was only my second match to shoot in and I'm hooked for sure. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to the next match in May.

Anyone got a picture or the score sheet? I know I missed every target on the reticel hold car stage since I was a full rev off on my dope. Stupid me..

Will post more pics as they come in. For now here are the final scores and winners.

topfinishers.jpg

finascores.jpg

That school bus turned out to be harder than it first looked. Also, did you get your TAB rear bag back? At first I thought you had donated a second one to Mike.

HAHA yeah, i got it back. I lost my tab bag 3 times on saturday... gonna have to dummy cord that sucker to something...

Write your name on it! If everyone marked their stuff there would be a lot less things "missing". Someone picked up my ear pro...why? Because it didn't have my name on it and they probably don't have their name on theirs. I never wear them at matches because they get in the way for me when I'm on my rifle, so the one time I wear them anywhere else besides my home range... *poof*

Everything has my name on it with a sharpie and my mags are engraved with a dremel however the one that I didn't have engraved I left at a stage and was lucky to have an RO ask if anyone had lost one. It now has been engraved with my name. Lol. That full resolution on the car covet stage cost me a ton of points, well that and I'm freaking horible with a pistol. Lol.

Wow!!! Aside from Dustin's stellar performance, it was a close race at the top. I'm feeling one of those moments like, could've, should've.

HAHA yeah, i got it back. I lost my tab bag 3 times on saturday... gonna have to dummy cord that sucker to something...

I've already gotten in the habit of using plastic carabiners and grimloks to hang all of my crap off my gun belt. That helped a lot, except when I forgot to take it off and put it where I needed it before a stage.

Write your name on it! If everyone marked their stuff there would be a lot less things "missing". Someone picked up my ear pro...why? Because it didn't have my name on it and they probably don't have their name on theirs. I never wear them at matches because they get in the way for me when I'm on my rifle, so the one time I wear them anywhere else besides my home range... *poof*

Yeah, I learned that lesson pretty quickly trying to get ready for this match. I left bags laying around K&M more than once, and other members were kind enough to return them. Now all of my crap has my name on it.

Wow!!! Aside from Dustin's stellar performance, it was a close race at the top. I'm feeling one of those moments like, could've, should've.

Same here. Realizing how much my placement would have jumped if I had done as well as I could have on just GFTG and Top Shot is just motivating me to train harder.

Now I just have to find some more powder... :mad:

I've already gotten in the habit of using plastic carabiners and grimloks to hang all of my crap off my gun belt. That helped a lot, except when I forgot to take it off and put it where I needed it before a stage.

Yeah, I learned that lesson pretty quickly trying to get ready for this match. I left bags laying around K&M more than once, and other members were kind enough to return them. Now all of my crap has my name on it.

Same here. Realizing how much my placement would have jumped if I had done as well as I could have on just GFTG and Top Shot is just motivating me to train harder.

Now I just have to find some more powder... :mad:

I was so disappointed on my pistol performance that I shot 300 rounds today at the range. I had been spending all my time in rifle and neglected the pistol side of things which I wasn't very good at to begin with so that made it even worse. It's all in good fun though even though I do get mad as hell while shooting when I make a stupid mistake. Lol.