• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2021 Accuracy International Virtual SHOT Show coming soon!

That gun was setup with a tall 20moa pic rail like a gun would be setup to run night vision with the forward rail on the bridge. You can also use a lower pic rail and lower mount
I should have asked if a 4001 would be too low since some of the cheek pieces on the pictured AT-X's appeared lower and when I zoomed in on the pics they were all 1.5" mounts. I won't be running NV on this rifle.

I should have asked if a 4001 would be too low since some of the cheek pieces on the pictured AT-X's appeared lower and when I zoomed in on the pics they were all 1.5" mounts. I won't be running NV on this rifle.
the 4001 with a low action rail will be pretty dang low, might not work great for all. But the 4001 with a high action rail with a half bridge will be great. When the rifles get back to AINA I’ll take some photos

This pic from yesterday's teaser left me puzzled, I couldn't place it on the rifle as it looked too thin.

View attachment 7531865

After seeing today's pics I found it. It appears the AT-X chassis is a 2pc design with an upper/lower.

View attachment 7531867
View attachment 7531868

Is this production design, or simply split for ease of prototyping?
This is the production design. The upper is 7075 alloy and the mag section is 6061. This allows us to have high strength in the very light upper section where it is needed most. The design also allows for efficient manufacturing and accommodation of different length actions magazines.

I know an approximate price for the chassis was mentioned, but could you be a little more specific? Also, what is an approximate time frame for release of the chassis only?
That would be for the AT...

I might have missed but is the AT-X action bonded?

Please share with me when you get the info
The mag catch on the rear needs to be shaved like .030”
Open the bolt, insert mag, then slowly close bolt and it’ll slightly skim over the top. Relieve the mag catch just a bit to allow proper clearance of bolt to mag lips.

the WSM/PRC mag fits fine with no modding.
The 223 single stack mag needs to be clearanced just a bit.
Now that double stack 223 mag clears the bolt fine but need to drop the mag catch down those .030”ish.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I would like to also know that. I bought one of the original comp triggers and don't use it since I want the same trigger on both of my AI rifles. Was planning to buy another comp trigger but would like to know if there have been changes.

@Dthomas3523, did you ever try to ask MHS. I have been meaning to but figured that you would have better luck than me in getting some straight information

Bump for trigger answers

Bump for trigger answers
The main change to the competition trigger is the installed spring set is now the higher rate. The lower rate springs are supplied with the trigger should the owner want to run a significantly lower pull weight. The trigger housing is now 304 stainless for higher corrosion resistance but otherwise the internal components are the same.

AT uses AW mags
AX uses AX mags with a front support tab
AX can use AW mags
AT cannot take AX mags unless the tab is hammered flat

I would hope the AT-X takes AX pattern mags, the front support was a good upgrade. I am sure they probably mentioned it but I can’t recall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 96C and deersniper
AT uses AW mags
AX uses AX mags with a front support tab
AX can use AW mags
AT cannot take AX mags unless the tab is hammered flat
so what does at-x use I have a headache now 😅

The main change to the competition trigger is the installed spring set is now the higher rate. The lower rate springs are supplied with the trigger should the owner want to run a significantly lower pull weight. The trigger housing is now 304 stainless for higher corrosion resistance but otherwise the internal components are the same.

Thank you. Just installed one in a ax. Hopefully I don’t get to be part of the horror stories

The AT-X rifle will use AW & AX magazines.
Yes. it will work with both magazines as will the AX short action. The AX mag (P/N 6677) only works in the AX and AT-X where as the AW (P/N 0726) works in both. The 6677 mag has a lug on the upper front providing greater control over mag positioning and presentation of the round to the chamber. In a pinch the 0726 can be used in the AX but I would recommend the 6677 for shorter rounds like the BR family.

Yes. it will work with both magazines as will the AX short action. The AX mag (P/N 6677) only works in the AX and AT-X where as the AW (P/N 0726) works in both. The 6677 mag has a lug on the upper front providing greater control over mag positioning and presentation of the round to the chamber. In a pinch the 0726 can be used in the AX but I would recommend the 6677 for shorter rounds like the BR family.
Will the AX magazine will still need modification to run the stumpy BR cases?

Who said the aw mag was preferable ?

Scott did.

In a pinch the 0726 can be used in the AX but I would recommend the 6677 for shorter rounds like the BR family.

This implies that the AX magazine will work in an AX or the AT-X without the need for the mag kit.
If they both require modification there would be no reason to recommend the AX mag over the AW mag.

So why is it preferable of the AW mag, if they both require a 6BR spacer and follower?
Asking as a future AI owner.
I prefer AW to aics mags because they’re much shorter, easier to load, and I’ve had no problems with the BR spacer kit for AWs like in aics mags. If you’re asking why AW over AX, there’s not gonna be a difference because an AX can only be used in an AI without a good amount of modification. So essentially in an AI; AW vs AX mags are pretty much the same.

Scott did.

This implies that the AX magazine will work in an AX or the AT-X without the need for the mag kit.
If they both require modification there would be no reason to recommend the AX mag over the AW mag.
They both require the AW BR spacer kit like HRD sells to run a BR. The AX mag preference in that particular instance is the AX mag has a small lip on the front that will hold the front of the mag at a slight tilt up which should help feed the stubby little BR case better.

Reactions: beetroot
Scott did.

That def didn't imply you don't need a mag kit lol just means the ax mag will lock up a little higher and hopefully feed better

Reactions: R.Walters
That def didn't imply you don't need a mag kit lol just means the ax mag will lock up a little higher and hopefully feed better
It kinda does imply that, if both magazines require the kit to feed short rounds and the AW mag feeds just fine with the kit then it's not a case of the AW mag working "in a pinch" just that the AX magazine is preferable.

Doesn't really matter, Covertnoob answered it clearly and concisely.

Always has.
Scott,

On the podcast, it was stated that the LE variants will remain in production. Is it possible for the AXMC-LE and AT-LE rifles to be sold to active duty military personnel in addition to law enforcement officers?
Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on here.
🍻

Scott,

On the podcast, it was stated that the LE variants will remain in production. Is it possible for the AXMC-LE and AT-LE rifles to be sold to active duty military personnel in addition to law enforcement officers?
Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on here.
🍻

I mean while we are at it why only currently serving ad? I need a axmc le lol

I mean while we are at it why only currently serving ad? I need a axmc le lol
Baby steps sir, baby steps lol.

Mike and Frank were discussing it and Mike compared it to the Blue Label program. The difference being that Blue Label applies to Mil (and Vets)/LE/FR/etc, but yet Mile High's site states "LE Only." I get the discounted/LE only pricing for the LE models, but the models should at least be available, even at regular price, to military personnel if it is going to be available to LE.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
@R.Walters Do you know if the forend will allow for a 16.5" barrel? It looks pretty long in the photos and videos...making 24" look like a 22"!

Reactions: 96C
@R.Walters Do you know if the forend will allow for a 16.5" barrel? It looks pretty long in the photos and videos...making 24" look like a 22"!

We might be blowing smoke and crap out of the keyslots with the shorty's! :ROFLMAO: I'm keen to know also, have a 17" 308.

Blue ain’t so bad

8530D402-F666-41DE-9E3D-5AEDAD919CB5.jpeg