• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors .22 thread adapters

THE MGD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2011
S. TEXAS
Ok so I picked up a GSG 1911 thread adapter , the mosquito looks like it'll be a simular fix.

But ive got a s&w m&p15-22p (the pistol version) and its been threaded for the flash suppressor that was attached by the factory. I cant find the specs on what its threaded to (pitch) .
Does anyone know what i'll need, if anything, to attach a 22sparrow can?

Re: .22 thread adapters

It is threaded 1/2x28TPI, but you will need a spacer so it does not thread to far into the suppressor. You have a Sparrow, so check on the Silencerco website and for $10 you can get the spacer that you should put on the MP 15-22.

I'm running a Gemtech adaptor on my M&P .22

Ok so update: never got an email back from silencerco, ordered the spacer anyway. Got it in, went to take off the flash hider and as im taking it off I notice the back of the flash hider is seperating at the shoulder. Damn thing HAD a spacer already. Ill update if I need to use both or just one.

The threads for the sparrow are .400" long and the m&p threads are .600" long. So if after the factory adapter they are still .600" you will need the extra adapter.

Long story short, you need only .400" of threads to go into your sparrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok so update: never got an email back from silencerco, ordered the spacer anyway. Got it in, went to take off the flash hider and as im taking it off I notice the back of the flash hider is seperating at the shoulder. Damn thing HAD a spacer already. Ill update if I need to use both or just one. </div></div>

thats probably a crush washer - used to index the flash hider correctly.

its a one time use item if thats what it is.

Its the same thickness and diameter as the spacer. The only diffrence is the one that was on there is slightly concaved