• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

338 edge

ziondogg

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2014
Hello all. New guy here and I'm wanting to build a 338 edge. I have a savage model 111 in 300 wm that I want to turn into an edge. First question is who makes barrels for the edge. Second is what other mods will I have to make to the 111 to turn it into an edge. Thanks in advance.

The bolt face needs to be opened up, may need a new drop box mag since you want 4" of internal COL. I don't know of any 338 Edge barrel that is install ready. I ran a Benchmark Barrels 338 Edge and it ran great, 300gr OTM hybrids @ 2780 fps, you can contact them and see what a new barrel will run.

The bolt face for the edge is the same as the 300 win mag, so you don't need to do anything to the bolt face. Most people that shoot an edge in the savage platform single load them. You can't get the 4.00" mag length like you can on the Remington's. Mcgowen, Shilen, PAC NOR just to name a few make prefix barrels for the savage in 338 edge.