• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

4AW SLIDER thoughts? (rear bag replacement, also for tripod & bipod)

carbonbased

💥💥💥💥
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota

Can use it as a rear bag replacement with an Atlas rear monopod, or between a bipod and the gun, or between the tripod head and gun.

Sort of a roller-bearing straight-line recoil thing.

Mark and Sam are pretty legit, at least to this dolt.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Seymour Fish
Love innovation, love aussie, but personally not for me.
If I ever play with one, I could change my idea on it, however I'll stick with my current setup and system.

Can't buy points in PRS. You can buy more ammo and practice however.

Yeah, I’m not really feeling it either, but he builds some other interesting gear.

As it has a tripod application, @Diver160651 what do you think about this 4AW Slider thing?

Bumping this one up to the top. Anyone?
I have been playing with a slider on my AI ATX. So far I found that I can shoot very tight groups off tripod at 100 yards, allowing the rifle to free recoil wo reducing the slider travel. I have had the recoil affect my spotting shots, as I lose sight pic. I was also using 25x on scope, normally use 16x for matches and varmint shooting.
My next step was to shorten slider travel using screw inserted in base plate. My groups increased in size, but I was able to get sight picture back after initial recoil.
I attached slider to a bag/frame and found zero was same as tripod. And that zero was also same as my OTB bipod (not using slider).
Next step will be refining my hold to better control the slider recoil travel. I think my reducing slider travel was initially due to my form. Ill be shooting it outside in excess 200 yards, with 16x (vs 25) power. I expect I’ll be able to spot my own shots wirh slider.
Pros so far are tight groups off tripod. And same zero for bag, tripod one OTB bipod.
And it seems I’m getting close to performance infer recoil as with muzzle brakes I’ve tested, using a suppressor instead. That’s actually pretty nice.

Reactions: carbonbased
Second session with slider, standing tripod at 100 yrds indoor, 5 shots. 6mm CM, 115 gr DTACs
i am improving my position, square up behind rifle. I’m seeing the point of aim for brief time after recoil starts, and lowering power to 16x im spotting my own hits out 5-600 yards on outdoor range.
the slider makes the recoil come straight bak into my body, and the recoil, follow thru is consistent shot to shot.
another thing i found is my sitting tripod zero same as my prone 1-600 yards.My standing tripod was lower by 2/10 mil from prone, but consistently
I ordered another slider, with Intent of having other shooters test it. That’ll be telling
71684529553__1B28BC3E-9A15-4B35-9989-30DD51BE03EF.jpeg

Second session with slider, standing tripod at 100 yrds indoor, 5 shots. 6mm CM, 115 gr DTACs
i am improving my position, square up behind rifle. I’m seeing the point of aim for brief time after recoil starts, and lowering power to 16x im spotting my own hits out 5-600 yards on outdoor range.
the slider makes the recoil come straight bak into my body, and the recoil, follow thru is consistent shot to shot.
another thing i found is my sitting tripod zero same as my prone 1-600 yards.My standing tripod was lower by 2/10 mil from prone, but consistently
I ordered another slider, with Intent of having other shooters test it. That’ll be telling
View attachment 8235051
So how does using it compare to, say, having the gun directly attached to the tripod via Arca or off a bench? Cool that you are refining your technique.

So how does using it compare to, say, having the gun directly attached to the tripod via Arca or off a bench? Cool that you are refining your technique.
I’m finding that at 100 yards, indoors, the standing tripod (with slider) and prone with bipod ( no slider) have same zero. I found that out to 600 yards outside that my prone bipod ( no slider) and sitting tripod (slider) are effectively same. I’ve also used slider with a frame mounted bag off bench, zero was 0.2 mils low. I didn’t play or refine my technique as I did with tripod and slider.
I have refined my bench, bipod shooting so that it’s effectivley same zero. I Tuen bench around so im sitting at wide end. I square myself up to rifle, load bipod and use bag under rear stock just like shooting prone.

Last edited:
I noticed that without slider, shots sometimes went high off tripod. This seemed to get worse with higher recoiling calibers, but even 204 ruger and 223 exhibits it. using slider eliminates that, which led to my refining my tripod technique.
I don’t put a lot of pressure on but pad, i work to get a good npoa and I relax before shooting. That’s translated to not using slider with 204, 223 but eliminating my “high shots”. The slider showed me what I could do if let rifle free recoil.