• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6 creedmoor, mega and Baldwin Gunworks deadly accurate.

steelringer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2013
I was debating running a .260 again this year for a match rifle. I got the itch to do a 6 creed with all the talk of them!

I ordered everything just a few weeks before the woody's prs match in NC the middle of March and was hoping to get 1-2 weekends of shooting before I had to shoot it at a match.

I ordered the Bartlein barrel, the PRI .875 gas block and tube and Bart had a spare dpms style free float hand guard. I sent him my upper, he received everything on a Friday. I got a knock on the door on Saturday night (yesterday). Upper was completed, chambered, threaded and timed with my thunder beast 30ba brake.

I had 20 brass ready to load (dont ask) so I loaded them up with 41.3gr of 4350 which I was advised by Bart Baldwin the owner of baldwin gunworks.

I tried my best to do the ol look down the barrel and then the scope and get it close on paper. I did so first round was on paper not close to my aiming point but on paper. I spent 4 more rounds getting it pretty close in which at that time I decided to shoot a group and see how it did.

2cehu3d.jpg

Here is the gun, it has some neat attachments which make this cartridge and rifle an absolute hammer and a pleasure to shoot.

Mega arms ma-ten upper and lower.
Jp silent capture spring
DPMS BCG
Magpul BAD lever
JP 34mm cantilever mount
HDMR XRS G2 Reticle
Magpul PRS stock
Thunderbeast 30ba with armagedon cover

25pjrqb.jpg

And low and behold as I just finished up zeroing and setting up targets out to 884 I come back and spotted 2 of these ugly nasty things playing in the corn field in front of me. I set up on a tree stump used my wiebad todd tac pad and started the process of taking them out if you will lol. The other one I did not take a picture of because it was really bad. This one is self explanatory, the other one was coming towards me and I shot him in the face and his back half looked similar to what a log splitter does to wood.

11ht88y.jpg

Nice rig! Woody is having a open range event this coming Saturday. If you want to contact Dave, he might can work you in.

I plan on getting some dope for the summer shoots..

I talked to Dave the other weekend. Im to far away to drive out there for a weekend especially considering I have a private range that I have steel littered all over. Are you planning on shooting the woodys prs match in march?

Well after a few weekends of shooting and a few other days of shooting. Things were changing with the rifle, load was speeding up as the barrel was warming up. I knocked the charge down and Im basically at the same point I was at with a hotter load. So in the midst of the load development I shot different charge weights at 300 and this was the best one in 5-7mph winds with a gust of 9 occasionally via kestrel.

This is at 300 yards.

I tried uploading the picture of the on target program but it wont save the measurements. The 4 are a little over an inch at 1.108 which equals .353 mils. With all five being used it opens up to the 1.508" and .480 moa accuracy.

2ljp17t.jpg

This is the 100 yard target in which its explanitory.

The 3 shots measure .305" and work out to be a .291 moa.
k3kq4w.jpg

I got a 6creed built on a mega from Bart and it is a hammer, he is building me a bolt action 6cm right now and I can't wait to get it back

This thing is getting better and better. I shot 3 1/2" group today with no wind at 787. Then moved to a 558 yard plate and drilled it with ease printing around a 2 1/4" group. If you dont know about Bart Baldwin at Baldwin gunworks check him out on facebook. I couldnt imagine this rifle with a JP LMOS and enhanced bolt. Ive contemplating putting my LMOS in this rifle but there already is no recoil and its pretty smooth.

Are you shooting 105s? How fast are you pushing them?

The 6 creedmore, is there factory brass or does it have to be formed ? What makes it better than a 243, case length for the longer bullets ? I would like to build a gas gun over a bolt gun for this cartridge or a 6.5 creedmore.

In the AR10 platform the .243 is to long of a cartridge. The 6 creed is a shorter casing which allows for good seating length in the semi platform where length is limited. Brass can be bought from G.A. precision so no it doesnt need any forming or extra work.