• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 60 Kill WWII Sniper Patch

Bushmaster7

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2002
CONUS
Here is the 60 confirmed kill WWII German Sniper patch I mentioned in my reply regarding the authenticity of my patch. This came direct off of the Caracci Militaria webpage. I know him and he is a recognized expert. As you can see, this is one in good condition like mine, not cut from a uniform as the one just posted. The gold border is for the 60 kills, mine is only the basic grade patch. Again, the colors differ somewhat I think due to lighting conditions and the possibility that they were made in different locations perhaps. So don't be so damn quick to make judgements until you have all the facts.

Re: 60 Kill WWII Sniper Patch

I think its great you find satisfaction with your purchases. I hope you continue to do so. As to the patches....I offer you the following.

Start here:

http://www.detlev-niemann.de/en/

After reading this book you will know everything you need to know about sniper patches and just about anything else GERMAN.
Go to page 595 and take a good look at real patches.

Be sure to ask for the English edition.

I am sure that Detlev would review your patch and give you his opinion. You are quite correct that issues like this should be left up to real experts, few would dispute Detlev.

Here is his contact information:

http://www.detlevniemann.com/en/content/87/page1.html

Again, glad you enjoy your purchases. These patches were first copied in quantity in 1953 for the post war collectors.

I asked my tailor Mr. Vee and he said, "I make both over 1 night old cloth last long time." I checked back this morning and he had created one that will probably please both of you. Whether you emblazon it on a casual blue blazer for luncheons or display it in your sniper room, that part I'll leave up to you.

See here:
url]

Remarkably, you have posted a perfect example of the "Die Stunde ist ausgefallen" arm patch of 1942.

Pretty sure:"Die Stunde ist ausgefallen" translates to
The class was canceled.

308Panther

I won't argue this further. I stand by my claims and have the facts to back them up. I know there are a lot of fakes out there which is why I took a long time to locate this one. Think what you want. I'll have it verified even further and if wrong I will admit it. regards, Dale.

Dale, I hope you didn't take my post as a knock on you. I was just joking about gun shows. Cheers.