• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6mmar (Whitley) vs 243lbc dimensions

trilogymac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2007
TX
I have a Whitley 6mmar gas gun with dies and lots of reloading components. Im toying with the idea of building the same caliber in a bolt gun. 6mmar.com appears to be gone and Whitley isnt answering emails. Does anyone have a 243lbc print so I can compare? My thoughts were if they are the same, I could have a Remage barrel built in 243lbc and use my Whitley dies for both.

I believe you are right. My concern is mostly chamber neck diameter on the LBC compared to my 6mmar. Im not really interested in turning necks so I want to confirm compatibility before buying a barrel. I have a print of the 6mmar but not for the 243lbc. There use to be a 243lbc print floating around but I have searched high and low and cant find it.

If you’re set up for the 6 mm AR, why would you be wanting to switch over? Whitley is out of business, but you don’t need him anymore, you just need Grendel brass.

I want to have a barrel chambered for a bolt gun and was trying to determine if I can use my Whitley dies with the LBC. I have a butt load of components.

Try reaching out to black hole weaponry, formally Columbia river arms, and ask them. They chamber for the LBC I think. I've got the 6mm predator variety of 6mm grendel copy and have been thinking a little bolt gun would be great too. Howa mini? Or maybe just wait until they release it in 6arc.

I want to have a barrel chambered for a bolt gun and was trying to determine if I can use my Whitley dies with the LBC. I have a butt load of components.
Are you having trouble finding a gunsmith with a 6 AR reamer? Seems like there would be a handful of people who would make you one. If you want to see if theyre interchangeable, youre going to need reamer prints for each.

I can find Remage barrels in 6 Grendel and 243lbc. No one has a Whitley reamer that I know of. The body/shoulder intersection dimension on Whitleys is .4322 and the 6mm Grendel and the 243lbc are both .431. I'm trying to determine if the dies will work. Im away for the summer so i don't have access to my resized cases to confirm one way or the other. I have the reamer prints for the 6mm Grendel and 243 lbc. I was told by a reamer MFG'er that that dimension is .4322 on Whitleys. Just don't know if my dies will pull the body down below the .431. I think the reamer MFG'er wont make a 6mmAR reamer as its proprietary. At least that was the case a few years ago when I tried.

Last edited:
I have a Whitley 6mmar gas gun with dies and lots of reloading components. Im toying with the idea of building the same caliber in a bolt gun. 6mmar.com appears to be gone and Whitley isnt answering emails. Does anyone have a 243lbc print so I can compare? My thoughts were if they are the same, I could have a Remage barrel built in 243lbc and use my Whitley dies for both.
These guys appear to have a reamer

Thanks fdkay!! In contact with MGM now. Got the 243lbc and 6mm Grendel prints from PTG. MGM is getting me print dimensions for their 6AR that concern me on the other 2.