• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

7mm-08 load

justintimesc

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2010
South Carolina
Just bought a browning xbolt micro midas for the girl friend Looking for a accurate hunting load. Checked the loads listed but really nothing there. Gun has a 20" barrel 1-9.5 twist I believe. Would like to load 120 sierra spitzer with either varget or R15. Never loaded any 7mm catridges before. Any suggestions?

Re: 7mm-08 load

The 140gr bullets are the sweet spot for hunting loads in the 7-08. The powders you mention are definitely worth trying. Either should do fine.

Re: 7mm-08 load

I'm using 120 gr Barnes TSX in two Remington model sevens in 7mm-08. The rifles have 18.5" barrels & the TSX is hell on our whitetails. Here's the load I'm using...

<span style="font-weight: bold">*</span><span style="font-style: italic">This is a <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">MAX</span></span> load with RL-15 & the 120 gr TSX bullet so work up to it. I got this load from the Barnes manual</span>

7mm-08
Barnes 120 gr TSX
Winchester brass
Federal LR match primer
RL-15 @ 44 grs
2.756" coal

I haven't chronoed the load, but Barnes shows 3,081 fps from a 24" barrel.