• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D FX120i labscale reloading upgrade with V2 auto trickler review.

How about a Sartorious GD305, an A&D/419 set up and half a ChargeMaster just so I’m not sure what anything weighs?

725756ED-2A6D-43E4-8A07-B11BECFFC7D0.jpeg

Interesting solution to caps on the trickler (I really like that) and the thrower. Gonna have to do something similar (rather than just laying an empty primer tray across the top).

Yeah, I hear you on the $175 for a cover. I've got some delrin bar stock and some lexan sheets in the scrap bin...I may just make a simple cover (just mill the delrin to fit the lexan) rather than spend that kind of coin on a cover.

Updated V3 released

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190524-115554.png
    Screenshot_20190524-115554.png
    906.5 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: bodywerks
Man, I just received his V2 unit, literally 3 days ago. I thought I was happy. But bluetooth control/connectivity!!!! I had to have it. IMO it will probably be the best $60 I ever spend...

That is a ways out. Its like waiting for a chamber reamer when you have everything for a new build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the V3 from DWS the day it came out. Was given a 6-8 week ETA. But, they said it was highly likely to be in in 30 days. Haven't heard anything from them since.

Has anyone received shipping info yet?
It does say " Items will start shipping in a few weeks. Please be patient as we work to fill orders in the order they are received" on the website, and I got the email about the V3 on May 24. So I would say not to get antsy until about June 15th.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Don’t know how soon after it was available that I ordered mine but got shipping notification today. I only ordered the new electronics due to the fact that I have all of the area 419 upgrades.

Reactions: Diver160651
My guess is that things are shipping as they become available. Must be something holding up the V3 upgrade kit, since obviously, the replacement boards appear to already be in hand and shipping...

I ordered the electronics and $20 accessories kit about 10 hours after receiving the email. Nothing yet, but 3d printed stuff takes time. If electronics are shipping I'm sure everything else is not far behind.

Triggs75, you beat me too it, i downloaded the apple app, now just need the update board.

@Triggs75 Well I will tell you USPS is no better at international delivery.

I actually just ordered the auto throw at the beginning of the year and somehow ordered the sartorius one and not A&D. So I contacted Adam to exchange it. After two months it had not left the states, it got stuck bouncing around Chicago for some reason and finally made it there a couple weeks later. Most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

I actually never got the correct electronics back yet, so it was actually a waste sending it back because I’m gonna have the V3 electronics in hand beforehand I get the V2 electronics back.

Anyone know if this stuff goes through Minneapolis, MN? Just saw a FedEx delivery notice that says it originated via Minneaplois, and I don't recall ordering anything from that area of the country lately. I'm wondering if this is where US Customs/FedEx picks up the package...

@MarinePMI i don’t think that is the auto trickler, mine says origin Fredericton, NB. I only ordered the electronics, if you ordered something besides that maybe some of it ships from somewhere else.

Finally got this thing set up and running, impressive piece of gear. Accurate to a tolerance of +/- 1 kernel is a hell of an accomplishment.

Got it reliably dispensing and finishing to within 1 kernel of the target in 10 seconds or less, coming from two chargemasters that's amazing.

It's faster than my two tuned up chargemasters by itself ? with 10x the accuracy ?

Anyone know if this stuff goes through Minneapolis, MN? Just saw a FedEx delivery notice that says it originated via Minneaplois, and I don't recall ordering anything from that area of the country lately. I'm wondering if this is where US Customs/FedEx picks up the package...

I ordered my original kit from CESoltions and it went that direction, but UPS, not FedEx.

My v3 board should arrive around 06/21. My v2 /Area 419 combo unit as a whole is still in-op. Area 419 was supposed to ship me a replacement hopper for the powder measure (evidently they had a bad batch?) but no word on if it shipped/when it will arrive.

Thanks for the info. TBH, I order so much crap online, I don't know what is what, if the vendor's name is not on the Tracking info...

Got my $60 BT module hooked up today. Easy install and linkup to my iPhone. Works like a charm. Before this I was weighing the charge out on my charge master to the weight I wanted then getting a more precise weight on the FX120xi scale. I would add or subtract kernels as needed.

Now with the BT upgrade its worth it to use the auto throw and auto trickler. It’s so much easier to get the load dialed in on the entire system.