• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D FX120i labscale reloading upgrade with V2 auto trickler review.

June 5th was my order date

Did they tell you that you were in the first wave of orders? Last week I was told that they were expecting the first shipment with what they expected to be the larger hoppers in from Adam and then shipped out the same day. Curious to know if you know if you were a first wave or did you order later?
Thanks

Does anyone know if the whole v3 kit from CE comes with a powder cup/pan? Doesn’t really say on their website that it does come with one.

Does anyone know if the whole v3 kit from CE comes with a powder cup/pan? Doesn’t really say on their website that it does come with one.

It should, it just won't be the 419 stuff (which is much nicer).

It should, it just won't be the 419 stuff (which is much nicer).
Guess it doesn’t come with one. Found this on the blog section of their website

Guess it doesn’t come with one. Found this on the blog section of their website

Yeah if you read the "whats included" list it says tray, but no powder cup is listed. Thanks for making me look though because I missed that it comes with a 100g calibration weight. I'll have to call them in the am and have the one I bought with the full kit taken off my order.
Thank god I took advantage of the recent Area 419 sale, and talked myself into buying the powder cup/tray. How depressing to wait, only to have it show up and not include the pan.

Anyone got pics of the new hopper he designed?

EDIT* It would appear it does come with the cup, as is shown in the photos below by Rangemaster

Last edited:
Is CE the better route to pre order the whole kit from? I went to Autotrickler website and they don’t have the whole kits for order. Have to get the scales separate. Means another cost for shipping.

What's your thought on the upcoming v3? The bluetooth capability seems very appealing to me, I'm thinking about pre-ordering the v3, but I'm unsure what other people's opinion on it is!

Thanks in advance!

Ok, guys here is the un-boxing of my V3. I bought two modules and the upgrade. Took about 10 minutes and I was able to have it up and running. Had it connected to my iPad in seconds for a dry run. This should really speed up my reloading now.

1D04A2B9-DA42-46CE-A37B-C4F2FC513D52.jpeg
0B3F78AF-882B-4411-8474-173BC32D69EC.jpeg
8822AE5A-781E-4569-AED9-194FBD03C8E9.jpeg
F960E8C4-5030-4A11-8C7C-0D6C9DE06C94.jpeg
500501C7-F148-4644-A3FF-0EEB43DBF4F7.jpeg
C017ED3F-8294-463C-B8EF-ADF1E9458A0D.jpeg
B0993E25-1BD5-4D35-AD64-18C404C59C73.jpeg
813D0FBD-AEE4-4024-80C1-A3F0A40DD393.jpeg
13181995-4DD6-4FD9-9636-16DE7A8AD646.jpeg
F036C73E-6D4F-4EFB-A0ED-59DEBBAC6B82.jpeg

Ok, guys here is the un-boxing of my V3. I bought two modules and the upgrade. Took about 10 minutes and I was able to have it up and running. Had it connected to my iPad in seconds for a dry run. This should really speed up my reloading now.

View attachment 7108754View attachment 7108755View attachment 7108756View attachment 7108757View attachment 7108758View attachment 7108759View attachment 7108760View attachment 7108762View attachment 7108765View attachment 7108780
Nice.. makes me wanna get 2 v3 also. Makes sense. Been running 3 CM lites for couple of years now. Really speed reloading times up. Now, I decided to jump on this Auto thrower/trickler. What site did you order through? Is CE a good place to purchase from? I’ll try call them tomorrow. See if they’ll give me a good deal if I purchase 2 at the same time. Nice setup bro..

Reactions: Rangemaster
Nice.. makes me wanna get 2 v3 also. Makes sense. Been running 3 CM lites for couple of years now. Really speed reloading times up. Now, I decided to jump on this Auto thrower/trickler. What site did you order through? Is CE a good place to purchase from? I’ll try call them tomorrow. See if they’ll give me a good deal if I purchase 2 at the same time. Nice setup bro..

Hey thanks, i had 2 cm last year and they did ok for speed. Now I can do a 100 rounds in like 15 minutes.
Get your scale here

Reactions: Rhed
Hey thanks, i had 2 cm last year and they did ok for speed. Now I can do a 100 rounds in like 15 minutes.
Get your scale here

Yea.. called CE today. Said they won’t be shipping the complete kits out till September. I might just get the 2 scales from them. Since they have the scale in stock. And get the V3 kit from Autotrickler. Is Autotrickler currently sending these kits out already? Or are they backlog?

View attachment 7108754View attachment 7108755View attachment 7108756View attachment 7108757View attachment 7108758View attachment 7108759View attachment 7108760View attachment 7108762View attachment 7108765View attachment 7108780

Man!!! That's a great setup! If you dont mind me asking, where did you order the v3? straight with autotrickler or with a reseller?

Reactions: Rangemaster
Man!!! That's a great setup! If you dont mind me asking, where did you order the v3? straight with autotrickler or with a reseller?

I bought the whole area
right from the site the day it went live. Used it this morning and no issues with wild drops the funnel work3d great.

Anyone experiencing issues with the Bluetooth upgrade? My scale now shuts off once it reaches the target weight ??‍♂️

If I disconnect the BT app it runs as it should. I emailed Adam and he asked if I was using the original AnD power cord or the one he supplied ? Did anyone receive an extra power cord that wasn’t AnD branded? Wasn’t sure what he meant by that.

Originally, it shipped with the standard power cord, and an additional (beefed up) one. You need to use the beefed up one, since the upgraded card (and functions) require more power (loosely speaking) than the OEM cord can supply.

Your description of your problem sounds like the card is drawing enough power that the plug can't meet (running the scale and providing the BT functionality)...and shuts down as a result.

Originally, it shipped with the standard power cord, and an additional (beefed up) one. You need to use the beefed up one, since the upgraded card (and functions) require more power (loosely speaking) than the OEM cord can supply.

Your description of your problem sounds like the card is drawing enough power that the plug can't meet (running the scale and providing the BT functionality)...and shuts down as a result.
Definitely seems to be the case in my situation. Hopefully Adam can point me the right direction for an new cord.

Skunkworx- when you bought your auto trickler did it come with two different power cords? I only bought the trickler and not the powder measure and got two cords as MarinePMI has mentioned.

Skunkworx- when you bought your auto trickler did it come with two different power cords? I only bought the trickler and not the powder measure and got two cords as MarinePMI has mentioned.
I purchased the whole shebang, I only had the one cord and didn’t think anything of it. I have been running the v2 setup without issue with the AnD cord. Even with the v3 updates (board, and new thrower) the unit works 100 %. It only shits the bed when I activate the Bluetooth app. With the app connected sometimes I can get 4-5 throws before it shuts down and reset. Sometimes it does it immediately. But when it’s disconnected, I can use the scale/throwrer/trickler fine. So I’m not sure it’s a cord issue just yet.

Grrre. Where is mine. I was in the July 7th batch. Are they showing up or you guys getting shipment notices and tracking?

Yeah, got notice last week (Canadian Post tracking number; which was way pessimistic on delivery date). I get the USPS daily notice of what's coming in the mail, and happened to see the CP tracking number (a full week ahead of projected delivery).

BTW, I was in the July 3rd batch.

Reactions: padom
Can one of you who has received a V3 run some ball powder through and comment on the operation?

I used my V3 upgraded system yesterday for the first time (I've been busy).

Man, it's a nice upgrade. I ran 2000MR ball powder with zero issues (minor splashing from the trickler against the plastic powder nipple (which has a baffle built in to deflect the powder and limit splashing). The powder thrower didn't leak powder at all (and 2000MR is pretty fine).

The BT update is the schiznit for set up. Not just setting the charge weight, but also now being able to run both the thrower and the trickler independently. This makes fine tuning each sub-system infinitely easier (adjusting main powder charge from the thrower, and the rate the tricker is feeding powder). Pretty slick.

Still using the 419 base for the trickler, so haven't played with the new V3 3D printed base.

The only issue was my laziness. Now that I have two powder hoppers (original V1/2 and the V3), it's got me thinking I may pick up a couple more, just so I don't have to empty it out when switching cases/powders. Going to have to make a powder hopper stand now for the extra hoppers...dammit. (First world problems, eh?)

Reactions: Cascade Hemi
I used my V3 upgraded system yesterday for the first time (I've been busy).

Man, it's a nice upgrade. I ran 2000MR ball powder with zero issues (minor splashing from the trickler against the plastic powder nipple (which has a baffle built in to deflect the powder and limit splashing). The powder thrower didn't leak powder at all (and 2000MR is pretty fine).

The BT update is the schiznit for set up. Not just setting the charge weight, but also now being able to run both the thrower and the trickler independently. This makes fine tuning each sub-system infinitely easier (adjusting main powder charge from the thrower, and the rate the tricker is feeding powder). Pretty slick.

Still using the 419 base for the trickler, so haven't played with the new V3 3D printed base.

The only issue was my laziness. Now that I have two powder hoppers (original V1/2 and the V3), it's got me thinking I may pick up a couple more, just so I don't have to empty it out when switching cases/powders. Going to have to make a powder hopper stand now for the extra hoppers...dammit. (First world problems, eh?)

I just decided to pick up another scale with bluetooth and a trickler.....make use of the V2 parts and have 2 setups....more is better right?

Reactions: MarinePMI
Hmmm...not sure. With the V3 kit, you have to use the servo motor from the V2 thrower. i.e. You'll need at least one more motor to get the second kit running with the V2 parts. Everything else should be as you plan IIRC.

Well, you know I have both V2 and V3 setups with the blutooth electronics. I made a few changes, I moved the 419 powder holder to the V3 powder drop with the 419 funnel under the lid. This change was so much better because the trickler would bump or band the plastic funnel. Now for the other scale, its basically the V3 with the V2 powder drop. This will only used for stick powders.

Well, you know I have both V2 and V3 setups with the blutooth electronics. I made a few changes, I moved the 419 powder holder to the V3 powder drop with the 419 funnel under the lid. This change was so much better because the trickler would bump or band the plastic funnel. Now for the other scale, its basically the V3 with the V2 powder drop. This will only used for stick powders.

Is there not enough clearance between the new 3D printed powder funnel and the Area 419 cup/plate? I bought the 419 cup/plate for my V3 setup set to arrive mid august, but if the new funnel wont work I will have to order the 419 funnel.

No, it still works (I'm also still using the 419 plate/cup setup with the V3). I think what Rangemaster is referring to is the trickler tube being right up against the new powder funnel/nipple. If you don't have the 419 upgrade Lexan plate, I could see how it would be difficult to position the tube correctly. It can be done however. The next time I tear down the V3, I'll check to see if the 419 funnel/nipple will thread onto the newer V3 powder thrower. I suspect it might...

Hmmm...not sure. With the V3 kit, you have to use the servo motor from the V2 thrower. i.e. You'll need at least one more motor to get the second kit running with the V2 parts. Everything else should be as you plan IIRC.

Reviewing the fine print, I see you re-use your existing motor. I thought it was an entire unit, motor and all. Well Ill have to get another motor.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Reviewing the fine print, I see you re-use your existing motor. I thought it was an entire unit, motor and all. Well Ill have to get another motor.

If I may, can you post what you find out (cost or source of the motor)? I may follow your lead, and cobble together a V2/V3 hybrid system from the remaining parts for a family member.

Reactions: padom
If I may, can you post what you find out (cost or source of the motor)? I may follow your lead, and cobble together a V2/V3 hybrid system from the remaining parts for a family member.
T

Are you and Rangemaster going to run 2 simultaneously?

Currently I run all the 419 upgrades and added the BT upgrade. If I tune mine correctly, I can barely dump powder, put the funnel back, mive ghe case to the arbor press, set the bullet, seat and place the new round in a holder before the next charge is ready..

I’m not sure a second scale would actually increase my production.

T

Currently I run all the 419 upgrades and added the BT upgrade. If I tune mine correctly, I can barely dump powder, put the funnel back, mive ghe case to the arbor press, set the bullet, seat and place the new round in a holder before the next charge is ready..

LOL! No, I don't plan to run two simultaneously. :D As I mentioned, my twin brother is getting into LR shooting, so may cobble something together for him for his new reloading set up.

Reactions: Diver160651
T

I absolutely plan on running 2 side by side. Those of use running progressive Dillons are waiting on powder. Not waiting for a LONG time, but yes, sittng here waiting. All I do is dump, replace powder cup on scale and pull handle on my 550. If your handling cases one at a time and moving them, you probably arent waiting on the scale. Being extremely busy, owning 2 companies, being a single dad and doing everything I do for the SH community, my time is worth WAY more than the few dollars I spend to get a second setup going with the parts I will have left over.

I absolutely plan on running 2 side by side. Those of use running progressive Dillons are waiting on powder. Not waiting for a LONG time, but yes, sittng here waiting. All I do is dump, replace powder cup on scale and pull handle on my 550. If your handling cases one at a time and moving them, you probably arent waiting on the scale. Being extremely busy, owning 2 companies, being a single dad and doing everything I do for the SH community, my time is worth WAY more than the few dollars I spend to get a second setup going with the parts I will have left over.
NIce - ya, no worries on my end on having two scales.. I just couldn't figure out how one might out run it going from a loading block to a arbor press..

I've run my 650 on 223 with manual powder funnel, so there I could see the value too.. The semi progressive 550 explains it.. Thanks

Sold my 3 CM lites for $550. Just put in order for complete dual V3 FX120I autothrow/trickler from DWS. Great service there. Thanks. You guys sold me.

So just to be sure, I can buy the $60 v3 upgrade electronics, and get Bluetooth, correct? And the rest of my v2 kit will work with it?