• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A freind asked me if I knew these two Gunsmiths I dont so posting his question here.

PGG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2010
North Texas
I told him to buy a GAP because of how I like mine how people post here about them and
because of their resale value as proven weekly here on the hide. My friends
question is below. Thanks PG

"Have you heard anything good or bad about the following custom gun makers?
- Gunwerks – Cody, Wyoming
- Alpine Fort Worth Texas– I think the owner is David smith and they use some guy out of Argyle for their action

Any help would be greatly appreciated"

Gunwerks has a show on TV called Long Range Pursuit. I have seen a couple of their builds in person and they looked good.

It looks like they use a stiller action.

Tell your friend to buy a GAP, AO, Surgeon, Spartan, etc etc etc.

There are too many known good builders to buy from shops that aren't widely known.

I told him to buy a GAP because of how I like mine how people post here about them and
because of their resale value as proven weekly here on the hide. My friends
question is below. Thanks PG

"Have you heard anything good or bad about the following custom gun makers?
- Gunwerks – Cody, Wyoming
- Alpine Fort Worth Texas– I think the owner is David smith and they use some guy out of Argyle for their action

Any help would be greatly appreciated"

Because gunwerks has the TV show I think you'll pay more for a hunting rifle from them than what gap and spartan could do. And gap and spartan are top notch

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tell your friend to buy from "what the pros use", just being widely known does not make them a good shop, in fact Tactical Rifles is Widely known. In fact there are a lot of products pushed by good marketers, good "salesmen", that in fact do not show up on the Pros List at all, wonder why? Stocks, actions, smiths, slings, scopes......that are regularly touted by both fan boys and their sales teams as "super-duper-best ever, shouldn't leave home without one etc." that just don't show up on the list. And don't be fooled, showing up on the list doesn't mean they are the most expensive, in many cases they are not. You can't go wrong using the Professional's list of gear, when making a recommendation.

Just an FYI - Gunwerks is not in Cody - it is a relatively small shop out in Burlington.

Yeah gunwerks base hunting rifle price: 5500. GAP non typical base price: 2995. Hard to beat.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk