• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AADMOUNT Flip Up Caps Scope Request/Measurement Thread

Hi guys, a quick update: Yes, we have been busily test fitting more caps. SWFA 1-6 caps are on the site for order: SWFA

NF ATACR and 2.5-10X42mm caps are up for pre-order as well: NightForce

Those all should be shipping in a couple weeks. We're very close on the Mk6 3-18X44, NF NXS 56mm, Vortex 44mm, Henny 56 & 72mm, so stay tuned for those.

We've shipped all backorders of Steiner 56mm and still have some in stock. We have a pile of S&B and Kahles caps that will ship out this weekend.

Thanks for the kind words everybody, I'm glad you all like them!

I have a Steiner 3-12x56. Will the 5-25x56 set work or is their a difference?

I have a Steiner 3-12x56. Will the 5-25x56 set work or is their a difference?
I don't know. Can anybody measure a 3-12?

Steiner 4-16x50
OBJ:2.278"
Ocular:1.689"

these measurements should work for the 3-15x50 as well
i'll take a couple

Thanks.That ocular measurement looks different than the 5-25 so they might have different sizes on some of these.

In other news, 3-18's are a go!

IMAG0651_zpskfcsouvx.jpg

IMAG0649_zps5jbewrka.jpg

Flip Up Cap Set, Leupold Mark 6 3-18X44

Should start shipping in a couple weeks.

Hey Guys, I need a favour......to measure the EXACT inside diameter of the AADMOUNT front objective flip-up cap for the Vortex Viper PST 4-16 x 50.

I have ordered one set already, but I need that figure urgently !

Can someone help, please ?

Very much appreciated, thanks.

J66

Help, pleeeeeeease :p

Inviato dal mio GT-P5210 utilizzando Tapatalk

Jon
Hensoldt 4-16x56
2.442 Objective
1.611 at focus ring

1.616" at the ocular on mine.

BTW, would it be possible to make the ocular cover with an inner lip so it can snap over the ocular on the Henny? The ocular lip is .505" wide and would really benefit from an inner lip.

I just measured the fat serrated part. The distance from the edge of the ocular to the scope when the ocular is adjusted to factory spec is .700"

The barrel of the ocular measures 1.508" in diameter so the inner lip would have to me something similar.

Hi guys, a quick update: Yes, we have been busily test fitting more caps. SWFA 1-6 caps are on the site for order: SWFA

NF ATACR and 2.5-10X42mm caps are up for pre-order as well: NightForce

Those all should be shipping in a couple weeks. We're very close on the Mk6 3-18X44, NF NXS 56mm, Vortex 44mm, Henny 56 & 72mm, so stay tuned for those.

We've shipped all backorders of Steiner 56mm and still have some in stock. We have a pile of S&B and Kahles caps that will ship out this weekend.

Thanks for the kind words everybody, I'm glad you all like them!

Jon,

Do the NF 2.5-10x42 and NF 2.5-10x32 have the same size ocular.
I'd like to purchase the ocular for the NF 2.5-10x32 unless you plan on making a set for it.

Also, any chance you'll make something for the Aimpoint T1 Micro?

Jon sent me a set to proof today for the vortex 4-16x44 HS scope. They fit perfectly and are wel well made. they fit tight and will never spin or fall off the lids pop with authority and sit flat to the bells. Included are little foam pads to get rid of the click from the lids hitting themselves. A molded/machined in bump stops the lids from bouncing off the scope itself.

They are very well made and will def have them on all my scopes in the future.

Thank you Jon for a well needed updated and seriously robust scope cap.

Here are some pics of whats included and on the rifle

IMG_20140122_165530839_zpskywfmdog.jpg

IMG_20140122_165732202_zpstvstfqof.jpg

IMG_20140122_165803448_zpsdcccqeux.jpg

Apologies for the rushed pictures.

Is it possible to make a set for the Hensoldt 3.5-26x56? After measuring the Objective is the same as the 4-16x56.
Objective: 2.442
Ocular: 1.955

The ocular measurement is the ring, this is the widest part, rest of the ocular body is thinner.

Thanks,
Ed

Will the covers for the Mk6 3-18 X 44 work for a VX6 3-18 X 44? If you don't have the measurements, I can measure and send. Thanks...

Jon sent me a set to proof today for the vortex 4-16x44 HS scope. They fit perfectly and are wel well made.
Thanks! It looks good. I've made these available for pre-order: Flip Up Cap Set, Vortex PST, HST 44mm Those should also fit the 2.5-10X44.

We also finally have the 56mm NXS caps ready for preorder: Flip Up Cap Set, NightForce NXS, 56mm

F-Class116_zpsc86b5e33.jpg

In other news, all ATACR and 42mm NF orders should be shipped in the next couple days and we'll probably have a few left over after that for those who were waiting until they were in stock to order.

Do the NF 2.5-10x42 and NF 2.5-10x32 have the same size ocular.
I believe so. We're probably a month or so out for the 32mm. Aimpoint caps are something we'll look at in the future, but we're trying to focus on scopes at the moment.

Is it possible to make a set for the Hensoldt 3.5-26x56? After measuring the Objective is the same as the 4-16x56.
Objective: 2.442
Ocular: 1.955

The ocular measurement is the ring, this is the widest part, rest of the ocular body is thinner.
Could you take some close up pics of the ocular? Is it the same "shape" as the other Hensoldts? If so, I've got the other ones cracked so my solution for them could probably just be scaled up.
Will the covers for the Mk6 3-18 X 44 work for a VX6 3-18 X 44? If you don't have the measurements, I can measure and send. Thanks...
I don't know. Please measure.

Here are some pictures of the ocular, the rim on the extreme outside has the largest diameter: 1.955, the rest is 1.893

20140124_150522.jpg20140124_150554.jpg

So unfortunately it is not the same shape as the other Hensoldts.

Last edited:
USO SN-3T-PAL, USO SR-8C and LEUPOLD MARK 4 MR/T 1.5 X 20mm

Ok finally made if back, here are the numbers:

USO SN-3T-PAL 3.2-17
objective 1.846 OD
eyepiece 1.712 OD

USO SR-8C 1-8
objective 1.382 OD
eyepiece 1.711 OD

LEUPOLD MARK 4 MR/T 1.5-5
objective 1.181
eyepiece 1.567

Thanks for the commitment to a better solution.
Bill

Received my NF 2.5-10x42 set yesterday to join my HDMR set. Both are excellent products. Fit is tight but perfect. Time will tell how they hold up, but I am very optimistic based on observed build quality. They are highly recommended.

Thanks Jon. I hope you sell millions of these and make piles of money. :) I'm so glad to have an alternative to the disposable BCs. I'm telling all my shooting buddies about them and I'll buy a set for every decent scope (and binoculars) that I have.

I still think it would be great to have a spreadsheet to cross reference sizes so we could fit them to other less popular optics we might have. Just a thought...

Kerry

I fly home in a week and will measure my Steiner 3-12x56 to see if the 5-25 will fit. If so I'm ordering a set asap!

Also, since Steiner scopes ship with crappy plastic caps, have you thought about proposing to them the idea of selling your caps as standard equipment?

Last edited:
I believe this was answered earlier but i cant find it. Will the swfa 1-6 caps fit pst 1-4?

Looking forward to a set of these on the new Bushnell LRH that I am waiting for.

Where-as the owners of Bushy also own Butler Creek, the bummer comes with the fact that we are going to have to get the scopes in-hand to take measurements and pass them on to Jon....

It will be worth the wait though.

Are these made of a material that takes paint well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks and seems to me that the material that the caps are made out of should take paint real well. The caps are made of a very rugged material and have performed flawlessly for me.

Regards
Dan

I believe so. We're probably a month or so out for the 32mm. Aimpoint caps are something we'll look at in the future, but we're trying to focus on scopes at the moment.

Could you take some close up pics of the ocular? Is it the same "shape" as the other Hensoldts? If so, I've got the other ones cracked so my solution for them could probably just be scaled up.

I don't know. Please measure.

Jon, are there any plans to do caps for the Vortex Razor GenII 1-6x24? I'd like to order a pair if so.

I just came back from the JCSteel match in Prescott WA that was cut short due to freezing rain and the lack of visibility that came with it.

Jon's lens caps held up great despite my best efforts with barricades and grinding the ocular cap against my holster on the walks between stages.
One of my guys broke his vortex obj cap on a barricade and it seemed like I found his ocular cap on the ground (although intact) just about every other stage.
One of my other buddies had bad visibility issues because he wasn't running any lens caps and his glass was always wet.
Looking at the money we spend to do this stuff, $100 to protect your glass and make sure you can actually see out of it is cheap insurance.

My vortex equipped buddy grabbed some of Jon's caps from the prize table even though vortex would have replaced them for free.

All the water on the scope is actually ice
dyzupegy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon,
For three days now I have been unable to pay for the March scope caps on your website. The Payment button has not been functional. I've tried 3 computers and sent you a PM here, as well as a message on your website!

Got my orders accepted last PM. Thanks for a great American made product!

PS-Discovered I just had to hit the NEXT button and that page allows you to pay however you choose.

Last edited:
Just received my first pair for my 42mm March scope in the mail this morning! WOW!!! Where have these been the last 3 years since I got back into shooting? Jon has found the perfect solution to our scope cover issue. Too many pluses to describe, but they are perfect. Can't wait to get the S&B 56mm backorder. The inside of each cover bears the raised name and scope size they fit!

I have tried every other possible product, but these surpass them all hands down. The Tenabrex covers that came with my S&B 3-20 50mm are the only thing that comes close and these are better!

Pricey, I know at $100 bucks a pair, but look at what they're protecting. Can't beat the lifetime, no fault, transferrable warranty. Save your pennies and never replace those classic or tactical Butler Creek covers again.

Very well done Jon and thanks for taking such good care of us and our optics.

Jon A -

Do you have anything that will match up to the new Bushnell LRH 3-12 X 44 scope?

The measurements are as follows:

Eyepiece: 1.5980" / 40.58 mm
Objective: 2.0490" / 52.04 mm

Thank you in advance!

Bryce

Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5

Eyepiece: 1.717 (43.6mm)
Objective: 1.340 (34mm)

Any Chance for a US Optics SR8 ? Or if other caps already made will fit these specs.

Objective 1.382 OD
Eyepiece 1.711 OD

Thanks!