• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy downside from a piston driven 6.5cm AR-10?

MRADIndustries

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2017
So i am primarily a bolt gun guy. That being said my uncle was wanting some options for a 6.5 CM semi my first thought was go with a Nemo. My question to the hide is with a weapon that will be run suppressed how much accuracy loss would one expect to see going Piston instead of DI? would the weight difference wash out between a proof barrel and a piston?

I have been shooting a piston 6.5 for a couple years and with the right rifle, you will not see a degradation of accuracy. Mine is an F&D Defense. I could not be happier. I have shot it past 1000. Factory ammo and hand loads. Just shot it again at ASC, only used the 308 upper. It shot fantastic. I did not. Only issue I have ever had was my fault when I had her prettied up with cerakote, and the overspray slowed down the BCG. This thing flat out shoots. The all have Bartlein barrels, both of mine are 22". Geissele triggers. Side charging handle. Infinitely adjustable gas. When my phone recharges I will post some pics.

if you are serious about a 6.5 piston, you should check out F&D.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo78585.jpg
    photo78585.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 47
  • photo78586.jpg
    photo78586.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 40
Oh that is pretty. I was looking at the PWS but i will get to the depths of the interwebz once work slows down

I have been shooting a piston 6.5 for a couple years and with the right rifle, you will not see a degradation of accuracy. Mine is an F&D Defense. I could not be happier. I have shot it past 1000. Factory ammo and hand loads. Just shot it again at ASC, only used the 308 upper. It shot fantastic. I did not. Only issue I have ever had was my fault when I had her prettied up with cerakote, and the overspray slowed down the BCG. This thing flat out shoots. The all have Bartlein barrels, both of mine are 22". Geissele triggers. Side charging handle. Infinitely adjustable gas. When my phone recharges I will post some pics.

if you are serious about a 6.5 piston, you should check out F&D.

Plus 1 on an F&D. I have a 6.5 and a 338.