• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Pics

Re: Accuracy International Pics

Nick Simmons said:
Took my AW out for it's first deer last week:

IMG_0055.jpg

That breed of deer is quite different from what we are familiar with in AL.

Been, I think thats a good Roe Deer, they dont grow em big on the other side of the pond. Nothing like a big L.A. whitetail hua?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been, I think thats a good Roe Deer, they dont grow em big on the other side of the pond. Nothing like a big L.A. whitetail hua? </div></div>

That is a good Roe buck J, but we do have a few big'uns as well:

DSC00567.jpg

Nick, nice Red deer. Back on topic I should have my short 308 barrel in Friday for my AW...cant wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So UK has midget deer?
smile.gif

Those things look speedy. </div></div>

Not as fast as a .308!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sQ0a9.jpg

wjyan.jpg

lxydz.jpg

oHh1a.jpg

vYAzy.jpg

FMkJL.jpg
</div></div>

Now that Muzzle brake i like!!!

Yes I did buy this at Sporting Services...Graeme did me a good price..and I have to say that I have been delighted with it ever since. The only problem with owning an AI ,I find, is that I no longer want to shoot my other rifles.I have a Styer SSG and a Rem 700 long in 30/338, both lovely weapons,however when I open the gun safe the AI allways seems to come out first!! Do you shoot at Altcar? if so we must swap rifles next play time! I am keen to try a S&B.

Isn't the SAS brake an option on the AX's now? I had heard they were the "standard" brake now, but I can't confirm that.

Here is my AW sporting a 20" fluted 12T Bart with some bastard 18x1.0 threads so I can whore out my SAS can with my TRG. I have 100 rounds through this barrel and looking good so far, hope to take it to distance in the next week or two.

5-12016.jpg

j0j0p.jpg

My 20 year old AWP had the barrel chopped to 20 threaded for the can and painter her up.

Rich

Here are some pictures of the completed project. I just got my MST-100 in after waiting 14 months for it and the sunshade and ARD are on back order. Matching serial numbers.
DSC00265.jpg
DSC00269.jpg
DSC00278.jpg
DSC00277.jpg
DSC00282.jpg
DSC00274.jpg

Those are nice, love the fixed power scopes, how do you like them? And by the way, thanks for getting me punched in the arm by my wife since the first thing I said when I saw those was 'I love you' to the rifles on the screen and then drooled all over my keyboard, Cant wait to pick mine up in Colorado and get them out here. Anyway very nice man.

I like the fixed powers. one 10X and the other 16X. Both are very nice scopes but a good variable power would really clear up the distance shots. My eyes are not what they were at one time. But I can still see a good gun on sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Family Pic........

DSC01844-1.jpg
</div></div>

Good God man! One for each day of the week. It must be reassuring to know you could sell your AI collection and pay off your house.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Family Pic........

DSC01844-1.jpg
</div></div>

You took my idea. I was gonna tell all my friends to bring their AI's and take a pic. Haha...just kidding. Nice collection!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MR JOSHUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Family Pic........

DSC01844-1.jpg
</div></div>

You took my idea. I was gonna tell all my friends to bring their AI's and take a pic. Haha...just kidding. Nice collection!!</div></div>

smile.gif

DSC01844-1.jpg
</div></div>

Holy Shit, I want your family!!! Oh shit don't tell my wife I said that!!

After some recent upgrades .
IMG_0390.jpg

One of 3 AI sent to the FBI for the sniper rifle trials.
FBIAW.jpg

Sorry - couldn't resist posting again (original on the precision rifle thread)

My brand new AX308
1 in 12 twist - 26" barrel
ASE Utra SL5 moderator
Nightforce NXS 12-42

28072012090.jpg

I got my AX chassis today and without the action installed the mag can be manipulated out of the chassis without using the mag release. Is this normal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmimL7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my AX chassis today and without the action installed the mag can be manipulated out of the chassis without using the mag release. Is this normal?</div></div>

Probably fine, you're able to push the mag up and move it to places where it won't be able to go with a rifle in there. Put the action in there, then see. Don't look for flaws in a chassis that has no B/A in it, that's like reviewing a scope at the gun counter of a store. Get it setup how it's supposed to be used, then see how it works.

If the mag comes out with the action in there then you likely have an issue.

Thanks, wasn't sure. My action isn't barreled yet so I didn't want to bolt it in yet. My AICS standard chassis doesn't do that.

Hey SubXero, I think I posted on different thread you had about this build. I am new to the hide and pretty much a new shooter in general. I just bought a new 300RUM and wanted to drop it into a Mcree or AX chassis. My question is about the altering of the mag. Do you start with a 300wm or 338lm mag and then what alterations are needed and how did you do them. Thanks for your time and man that is a beautiful build.

p7220003.jpg

AI AW .308 with an SWFA SS 5–20x50 scope and SAS Ti Arbiter supressor on a TOMB mount. SW Ammo 175 SMK rounds going downrange.

—Andreas

Finally got pics worth putting up so here are the specs:
AW in 260(AINA Bartlien 24" 1-8 twist)
Pic Rail
Spuhr 6 mil ISMS
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x 50mm HS ZS mil/mil
Atlas bipod and monopod

and a quick thanks to Mile High Shooting for the entire setup including the thread protector from Adam.

AIAW26015OD_zps18ed0713.jpg

AIAW26015OD5_zps89196eb1.jpg

AIAW26015OD4_zps45d6a42b.jpg

Enjoy

AI AE MK III 26" .308 SAS muzzle break from Mile high Shooting (6 months old)
CTK Monopod and Atlas bipod
Vortex FFP MRAD 6-24x50
Unimount nightforce 1.25"

8092177393_082459bc29_b.jpg

5 Shots 175 SMK Pulled

8092207474_0cdb4e827c_b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RonPogi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI AE MK III 26" .308 SAS muzzle break from Mile high Shooting (6 months old)
CTK Monopod and Atlas bipod
Vortex FFP MRAD 6-24x50
Unimount nightforce 1.25"</div></div>

Sweet rig. Are you waiting on an Arbiter to screw on that SAS muzzle brake?

—Andreas

@Andreas I dont really understand what you mean by an arbiter can you rephrase your question, but if you mean a can for my muzzle brake, we are not allowed here in Cali. I wish it was allowed though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RonPogi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@Andreas I dont really understand what you mean by an arbiter can you rephrase your question, but if you mean a can for my muzzle brake, we are not allowed here in Cali. I wish it was allowed though.</div></div>

The Arbiter is SAS's .308 suppressor. have one in their muzzle brake mount that I got from Mile High Shooting along with my AW 308. Thought that you might have done the same thing. Sorry about the California thing.

—Andreas

Considering an AI chassis.
Using a Jewell trigger.
Any inletting required?
Thought I read somewhere that the AI is not a direct drop in for a 700 action with a Jewell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering an AI chassis.
Using a Jewell trigger.
Any inletting required?
Thought I read somewhere that the AI is not a direct drop in for a 700 action with a Jewell. </div></div>

I'd be the first to agree with you here. I just dropped a rem 700 clone action with a jewel into an AX chassis and it isn't letting me engage the safety. Something is definitely impinging the movement of the safety mechanism on the side of the plate.